NBA playoffs: greatest show on Earth | Page 84 | Syracusefan.com

NBA playoffs: greatest show on Earth

i love that "agreeing to part ways" is the new euphemism.

I didn't even know they had him, but those are fantastic statistics. You're always good for those. Pretty amazing it's those 4. They also played way more minutes overall. 39% is very respectable though.

When I said they had him for a minute, I was only exaggerating by a little.

June 25, 2014: Traded by the Dallas Mavericks with Jose Calderon, Samuel Dalembert, Shane Larkin, a 2014 2nd round draft pick (Thanasis Antetokounmpo was later selected) and a 2014 2nd round draft pick (Cleanthony Early was later selected) to the New York Knicks for Tyson Chandler and Raymond Felton.
August 6, 2014: Traded by the New York Knicks with Jeremy Tyler to the Sacramento Kings for Quincy Acy and Travis Outlaw.

They had him for 6 weeks in the summer before trading him for another 3 point gunner, Quincy Acy

Embiid needs the ball in his hands too. I mean, he could probably play like Kevin Love but that would be a complete waste of him.
That's not LeBron's concern.

Simmons should talk to Bosh and Love before agreeing to play with Lebron. He’s going to get all the blame when they lose to Golden State or Boston.

Yup. Happens with every team with a star of that magnitude though. The number of “Heat fans” from 2011-2014 was just disgusting.

Mark Price Cavs were the most fun Cavs teams to watch. If not for injury, the stupid Ron Harper for Danny Ferry trade, and a guy named Michael Jordan going absolutely bananas on them in the playoffs everytime, they might’ve won one.

One of my favorite videos was those bandwagon fans trying to get back in the arena during Game 6 of the 2013 Finals for overtime after Ray Allen tied the game.

I wonder if Rodney Hood's performance [and shooting] last night is something that could help swing the pendulum toward the Cavs organization's favor. IMO, the best way for Cleveland to contend with GW is to continue to embrace small ball. Love is more than adequate as a small ball 5. And then you want a bunch of versatile, interchangeable parts who can shoot. Hood / Nance are young and offer potential. Look how well a guy like Jeff Green has been the past two series for them, despite the inconsistent minutes.

They'd need to s-can JR Smith, and replace him with another shooter who is less unreliable / inconsistent, and won't bring the same kind of baggage to the locker room. A guy like Wayne Ellington [who NineOneSeven's brought up above] might offer the same sort of benefits, with fewer headaches.

And the Cavs also have the #9 pick -- where they could pick up another outstanding small ball piece. Forget Colin Sexton or Trae Young -- they should go with Bridges from Villanova [if he's still available] -- another versatile player who can shoot, handle, and play defense.

Is the sum total of all that more than what the Lakers and other potential landing destinations might be able to offer?

I wonder if Rodney Hood's performance [and shooting] last night is something that could help swing the pendulum toward the Cavs organization's favor. IMO, the best way for Cleveland to contend with GW is to continue to embrace small ball. Love is more than adequate as a small ball 5. And then you want a bunch of versatile, interchangeable parts who can shoot. Hood / Nance are young and offer potential. Look how well a guy like Jeff Green has been the past two series for them, despite the inconsistent minutes.

They'd need to s-can JR Smith, and replace him with another shooter who is less unreliable / inconsistent, and won't bring the same kind of baggage to the locker room. A guy like Wayne Ellington [who NineOneSeven's brought up above] might offer the same sort of benefits, with fewer headaches.

And the Cavs also have the #9 pick -- where they could pick up another outstanding small ball piece. Forget Colin s e xton or Trae Young -- they should go with Bridges from Villanova [if he's still available] -- another versatile player who can shoot, handle, and play defense.

Is the sum total of all that more than what the Lakers and other potential landing destinations might be able to offer?

Good in theory, but I'm not sure that team gets past Boston when they are at full strength and another year of development of Tatum/Brown.

And the Cavs also have the #9 pick -- where they could pick up another outstanding small ball piece. Forget Colin s e xton or Trae Young -- they should go with Bridges from Villanova [if he's still available] -- another versatile player who can shoot, handle, and play defense.

Cleveland vs LA it’s the Lakers if they get Paul George.

Good in theory, but I'm not sure that team gets past Boston when they are at full strength and another year of development of Tatum/Brown.

That could be true. Whereas Brown / Taytum were not playoff experienced before, going to game 7 of the Eastern Conference Finals changes that -- they are seasoned playoff vets now.

Lebron is obviously better than either of them -- so the question becomes: who would he pair with to offset that tandem?

Last edited:
So Sam Hinkie likely being the guy who uncovered this stuff about Colangelo burner accounts kill his chances to get another job?
I can’t see owners likely the fact the former GM probably dropped a dime to the Ringer and take down his replacement.

Hinkie could have gotten another job but I don’t see it now. Teams don’t like rats.

So Sam Hinkie likely being the guy who uncovered this stuff about Colangelo burner accounts kill his chances to get another job?
I can’t see owners likely the fact the former GM probably dropped a dime to the Ringer and take down his replacement.

Hinkie could have gotten another job but I don’t see it now. Teams don’t like rats.
So it really was Hinkie?

I think this was the plan when they made those trades, but they weren't willing to let it gel and decided to "go with the guys that had been there." I can't kill them for it, Indiana nearly took them out in the first round and the Cavs did eventually hit their ceiling in the finals. But, it does demonstrate that it's a bit of a fractured team and not all that well constructed.

So it really was Hinkie?
Everyone on the internet has put it together. Hinkie is an forensic teacher now and the reasonable assumption is tipped off Bryan Curtis and Bill Simmons from the Ringer.

It was Hinkie who got his silent revenge.

Tristan Thompson must have a top 10, probably top 5 terrible contract

Tristan Thompson must have a top 10, probably top 5 terrible contract

While it's bad, I don't think it's top ten. Tristan Thompson is playing legit minutes in a Finals against an all-time great team. That's got to count for something.

Noah, Parsons, Deng, Ryan Anderson, Mozgov, Mahinmi, Ibaka, maybe Conley depending on what you think of him, Wiggins...

I can keep going.

That's not evidence, but I get why people could see where there is smoke.

I just don't think Hinkie needed to be the one to do this. I think he has enough acolytes, combined with how many people the Colangelos have angered, to have someone do this.

Now, could he have maybe pushed the snowball down the hill that eventually became the avalanche? I dunno.

That's not evidence, but I get why people could see where there is smoke.

I just don't think Hinkie needed to be the one to do this. I think he has enough acolytes, combined with how many people the Colangelos have angered, to have someone do this.

Now, could he have maybe pushed the snowball down the hill that eventually became the avalanche? I dunno.
It seems like all circumstantial evidence points to Hinkie and the Ringer teaming up for this takedown.

There is no chance the Ringer on its own knew about these burner accounts. Hinkie’s investment in IT sites just smells he was involved.
I don’t blame him either he job was stolen from him by the Colangelo mafia.

It seems like all circumstantial evidence points to Hinkie and the Ringer teaming up for this takedown.

There is no chance the Ringer on its own knew about these burner accounts. Hinkie’s investment in IT sites just smells he was involved.
I don’t blame him either he job was stolen from him by the Colangelo mafia.

tin-hat-350x307.jpg

While it's bad, I don't think it's top ten. Tristan Thompson is playing legit minutes in a Finals against an all-time great team. That's got to count for something.

Noah, Parsons, Deng, Ryan Anderson, Mozgov, Mahinmi, Ibaka, maybe Conley depending on what you think of him, Wiggins...

I can keep going.

Yeah I think I've made this point before, but the Thompson contract really isn't that bad. I'm not saying it's good or anything, but he's a rotation player for a good to very good team. I know it fits the narrative so it's easy to say it's a terrible contract, but I don't see it.

You forgot Evan Turner on your list. Tyler Johnson, Allan Crabbe also in contention. Reggie Jackson? Delly? Brandon Knight? Nic Batum. Biyombo. I'm gonna stop now. But there are a lot

We should get together and devise a bad contract formula and go speak at the Sloane Sports Analytics conference. You in? I'm in.

Stuff to consider would be total dollars, % of cap, if team is paying luxury tax (bad contracts to those teams hurt more), how competitive the team is, games/minutes played, correlate stuff with nerdy performance statistics.

Like, let's do it. You in? I'm in.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom