NBA Playoffs or NCAA Tournament: This isn't difficult, but which do you prefer? ('Bud & Brent') | Syracusefan.com

NBA Playoffs or NCAA Tournament: This isn't difficult, but which do you prefer? ('Bud & Brent')

This one is not even close. NBA playoffs (and NBA in general) is such a snoozefest. The game is so boring! The finals can be somewhat interesting but other than that...i cant watch it. Now, if you're looking for some real action... check out the NHL playoffs. Thats a real post-season!!

Didnt even need to watch the first 45 mins of the game. The last 3 mins were entertaining. Could do without the 20 timeouts.

This one is not even close. NBA playoffs (and NBA in general) is such a snoozefest. The game is so boring! The finals can be somewhat interesting but other than that...i cant watch it. Now, if you're looking for some real action... check out the NHL playoffs. Thats a real post-season!!
what in the hell are you talking about. the basketball being played in the nba playoffs is so much better than ncaa it is like watching 2 different sports.

A boring snooze fest? The first round of the NBA playoffs has featured some incredibly exciting games. It is hard to believe how good most of these first round series have been this year.

I'm a big college hoops fan and rarely watch the pros during the college season but I have to say the level of play and the pace of the NBA game is far superior to the low scoring games I watch during the winter. I have much more interest in the NCAA Tournament than the NBA playoffs but I see far better basketball in the playoffs.

It's the NBA playoffs for me. NBA is a better game and the playoffs add some of the college atmosphere to the game. Seriously, the Portland, Golden State, and OKC crowds are especially intense. It doesn't hurt that there has been an overtime game ever night so far. Huge games from Griffin, Aldridge, Curry, and Howard (even Dunleavy got in on the fun). Huge shots from Vince Carter, Paul Pierce and an NBDL player.

Yeah, so much better to see two college teams claw their way to 90 total points. The NBA haters on this board don't know what they're talking about. The NBA game surpassed college hoops a few years ago and the gap is getting wider. And I'm someone who would blow off my kid's wedding if it meant missing a Syracuse game.

Yea, i agree the talent and the level of skill is superior in the NBA - that is pretty obvious. But from an entertainment standpoint...NCAA basketball is far better. I can watch every game of the NCAAT but i have a hard time sitting through one NBA playoff game. The finals can be exciting and I like watching melo/Knicks but other than that, NBA games dont do it for me. I think the game is just too methodical...dominated by individual play.

Yea, i agree the talent and the level of skill is superior in the NBA - that is pretty obvious. But from an entertainment standpoint...NCAA basketball is far better. I can watch every game of the NCAAT but i have a hard time sitting through one NBA playoff game. The finals can be exciting and I like watching melo/Knicks but other than that, NBA games dont do it for me. I think the game is just too methodical...dominated by individual play.

Well the players are more talented and it's a higher level of play, but the NCAA is way more entertaining.

The logic follows perfectly!

docsu said:
Well the players are more talented and it's a higher level of play, but the NCAA is way more entertaining. The logic follows perfectly!

It's my logic too. I enjoy watching the NCAA more. It's personal preference, so yes to some people it is logical.

The NCAA has more immediate drama, but the quality of play generally blows in comparison to the NBA.

It's my logic too. I enjoy watching the NCAA more. It's personal preference, so yes to some people it is logical.

It definitely is. The quality of play in the college game has eroded to the point where I consider it a chore to watch non Syracuse games. And even those lately. ...

I agree with this. Not looking to argue or convert anyone, just how I feel.

The NBA game is almost too easy. Too slick, too clean. Like a stage production. I hate what's happened to college basketball in the last decade, but I still prefer it. I want to get into the playoffs, but they just don't hold my attention. Those Golden State crowds are awesome, though. Definitely adds something; I'd rather watch, say, a Heat or Wizards game for that reason.

NBA for sure. I do think that it would be a lot closer if they would just shorten the shot clock in college.

Not sure I really get the methodical complaint. The game is a lot faster than college. To me, nothing is more boring than a PG dribbling 20 seconds of the shot clock away.
Dominated by individual play? I guess. I'm not really sure there is a lot more passing or stuff in college though.

The playoffs this year have just been amazing.

Yeah I don't get that either. ... college now seems like nothing but burn offenses.

If you asked me this 3 years ago, I answer March Madness every time.

Right now? NBA playoffs by a mile. How you can somehow call yourself a basketball fan and not enjoy watching the best basketball on earth is the definition of an oxymoron. To each his/her own, I guess.

Oddly enough, I was watching last night and getting pissed that every player seems to make every shot they take. Almost like there's no chance to it so it gets kind of boring. And with all those made shots you don't see many guys attack the offensive glass, so at the end of the Bulls/Wiz game last night it became a very big deal when Gortat and someone else kept tapping balls out.

And yes, I know this makes no sense to the NBA first folks here, but it's my perspective and I like it.

I also hate many of the NBA rules. Advancing the ball on a timeout is ludicrous.

It's the NCAA for me, for basically no good reason other than that's what I've always cared about.

I will say I've tried to get into the NBA and I agree the quality is way better, and the games are often awesome. But having all the great games in the spring and summer kind of sucks. NCAA basketball is almost perfectly timed for those of us in the Northeast - the season starts when the weather starts getting crappy and ends right when spring starts.