NBA Playoffs or NCAA Tournament: This isn't difficult, but which do you prefer? ('Bud & Brent') | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

NBA Playoffs or NCAA Tournament: This isn't difficult, but which do you prefer? ('Bud & Brent')

I personally have always preferred college sports over pro sports except hockey and baseball.

Personal preference is fine, completely respect that. That's much different than some who just spew "NBA is garbage, it sucks", with little to back it up.

The seasonal argument, the season length, the "every shot goes in" stuff. I can understand that.

I loathe the "NBA doesn't play defense" debate. It's not true.

The seasonal argument, the season length, the "every shot goes in" stuff. I can understand that.

Offense >>>>>> defense. Some teams just stress it less than others depending on the system- D'Antoni, or more depending on the personnel- Thibodeou (spelling.).

Just seeing a guy isolate and take 18 foot jump shot doesn't do much for me. For scoring, I think less is more, probably why I prefer college.

It's the NBA playoffs for me. NBA is a better game and the playoffs add some of the college atmosphere to the game. Seriously, the Portland, Golden State, and OKC crowds are especially intense. It doesn't hurt that there has been an overtime game ever night so far. Huge games from Griffin, Aldridge, Curry, and Howard (even Dunleavy got in on the fun). Huge shots from Vince Carter, Paul Pierce and an NBDL player.

Toronto has also been an insane atmosphere. It looked like literally every Canadian gathered outside the Raptors arena for Game 1.

But yeah, I'll personally take the NBA playoffs over March Madness. After the first round of the tournament and after Syracuse is knocked out, it really doesn't do all that much for me.

The NBA Playoffs generally has 2 or 3 great games every night.

Toronto has also been an insane atmosphere. It looked like literally every Canadian gathered outside the Raptors arena for Game 1.

But yeah, I'll personally take the NBA playoffs over March Madness. After the first round of the tournament and after Syracuse is knocked out, it really doesn't do all that much for me.

Toronto's crowd is INSANE!!! I can't believe what theyve got going on up there. Truly incredible fanbase for that team, even if it includes Drake and his lint roller.

One thing I think college does right compared to the NBA is two 20 minute halves, which I think is much better than four 12 minute quarters. I think two hours is the perfect length of time for a basketball game, whereas the NBA game feels slightly unnecessarily long.

Recommendations for the NBA: go with two 20 minute halves, decrease the number of timeouts, and demand that NBC take back television rights and reinstall their entire 1990s brand.

One thing I think college does right compared to the NBA is two 20 minute halves, which I think is much better than four 12 minute quarters. I think two hours is the perfect length of time for a basketball game, whereas the NBA game feels slightly unnecessarily long.

Recommendations for the NBA: go with two 20 minute halves, decrease the number of timeouts, and demand that NBC take back television rights and reinstall their entire 1990s brand.

Loved the NBC days. I remember being a kid and watching games on sundays. I actually thought about that the other day when I was watching on ABC. When did the change happen? Sundays were AWESOME on NBC for NBA.

Also- I disagree about the two 20 minutes halves, but agree about less timeouts.

Loved the NBC days. I remember being a kid and watching games on sundays. I actually thought about that the other day when I was watching on ABC. When did the change happen? Sundays were AWESOME on NBC for NBA.

Also- I disagree about the two 20 minutes halves, but agree about less timeouts.

Yeah, regardless of how much one watches the NBA now, impossible not to love this:

CBS had it until 1990, and then NBC had it until 2002, and then ABC took over. Here is a really interesting two-part (it's not long) article from 2007 about how truly horrible the ABC's coverage of the NBA has been.

http://www.sportsmediawatch.com/2007/01/abcs-of-ruining-nba-part-1/
http://www.sportsmediawatch.com/2007/01/abcs-of-ruining-nba-part-ii/

I don't have much interest in the NBA. They seem to be spoiled prima donnas that only get serious come playoff time. I will say the playoffs are pretty intense but the regular season is very boring for me. Ask the question during the NCAA tourney and get totally different answers...

I don't have much interest in the NBA. They seem to be spoiled prima donnas that only get serious come playoff time. I will say the playoffs are pretty intense but the regular season is very boring for me. Ask the question during the NCAA tourney and get totally different answers...

What makes the NCAA tournament great is the same thing that makes it frustrating- the best team doesn't always win.

NBA Playoffs if you want an accurate determination of the best team. NCAAT if you want drama and some really compelling underdog stories.

That's it pretty much.

Football is really the only sport I can think in which the better team will win an overwhelming majority of the time in a single game. Hockey, basketball, baseball all require series'.

CBS had it until 1990, and then NBC had it until 2002, and then ABC took over. Here is a really interesting two-part (it's not long) article from 2007 about how truly horrible the ABC's coverage of the NBA has been.

http://www.sportsmediawatch.com/2007/01/abcs-of-ruining-nba-part-1/
http://www.sportsmediawatch.com/2007/01/abcs-of-ruining-nba-part-ii/

One thing that really bothers me and wasn't addressed in this article was the failure to show replays of controversial calls. Or so it seems to me. We get to see the players on the bench and fans behind them looking up at the big screen at the arena watching the replay and their reactions, but we don't get to see the play again. Sucks. And makes me think ABC is in the tank with the league to not highlight the mistakes their referees make.

NBA Playoffs if you want an accurate determination of the best team. NCAAT if you want drama and some really compelling underdog stories.

That's it pretty much.

Football is really the only sport I can think in which the better team will win an overwhelming majority of the time in a single game. Hockey, basketball, baseball all require series'.

It's also just not possible to have series for football. The sport's nature won't allow it.

It's my logic too. I enjoy watching the NCAA more. It's personal preference, so yes to some people it is logical.
just because you enjoy something more doesn't make it more logical, actually if emotion is involved it is probably less logical

just because you enjoy something more doesn't make it more logical, actually if emotion is involved it is probably less logical

Emotion? It's not an emotional decision. If it's valid reasoning then it is logical for that person.

Emotion? It's not an emotional decision. If it's valid reasoning then it is logical for that person.

As much as I enjoy constantly discussing this in so many threads, yeah I'm just shocked that on a website devoted to a college sports team that there might be some fans that prefer watching the college game more. It's a mystery.

It's my logic too. I enjoy watching the NCAA more. It's personal preference, so yes to some people it is logical.

completely agree. I will ever see how anyone could prefer watching 6 months worth of NBA playoffs over one month of the most dramatic basketball on the planet. Not even close.

But everyone has their own opinion, which is fine...

completely agree. I will ever see how anyone could prefer watching 6 months worth of NBA playoffs over one month of the most dramatic basketball on the planet. Not even close.

But everyone has their own opinion, which is fine...

Agreed opinions are fine but when you state things are fact, you should back them up.

Agreed on Toronto.

One and done games in a tournament setting 100000000x trumps 7 game series. Not even close.