NBA Playoffs or NCAA Tournament: This isn't difficult, but which do you prefer? ('Bud & Brent') | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

NBA Playoffs or NCAA Tournament: This isn't difficult, but which do you prefer? ('Bud & Brent')

It's also annoying to have a billion daily posts mutually affirming [for some] how orgasmically gratifying the NBA is every time somebody makes a highlight play. :cool:

The funny thing is: I've never seen one post on the football board from NFL fans demanding that everyone agree that the League is a superior product to college football in terms of quality of play. It is, by the way, but who freaking cares? If people want to watch some sports and not others, or watch college versus professional [or vice versa], that's up to them.

For the record, I've never seen one poster on this forum claim that college ball is superior in terms of quality of play to the NBA. Not one. I've seen plenty of posters cite other reasons for why they prefer college basketball to the pros. They're not "wrong," by the way, even though you and others might disagree. Everyone's entitled to an opinion--not sure what there is to get annoyed about.

I think you are understating it a bit. Completely agree about the personal opinion. I have no problem at all with that. For the record, I'm partial a bit more to college ball simply because I have a team I am a diehard fan of.

Tons of people spew the NBA sucks/plays no defense schtick (spelling?) etc. That isn't the same as saying "I don't like the NBA, that's my personal opinion because I enjoy college ball more." That's fine.

For the record, I've never seen one poster on this forum claim that college ball is superior in terms of quality of play to the NBA. Not one. I've seen plenty of posters cite other reasons for why they prefer college basketball to the pros. They're not "wrong," by the way, even though you and others might disagree. Everyone's entitled to an opinion--not sure what there is to get annoyed about.

Informed opinions aren't annoying. Uninformed ones are though.

Should be noted that a lot of NBA posts often seem to have someone dropping in just to say how much the NBA sucks, rather than actually contributing to the discussion.