NBA Scout: "I'm hearing Malachi will be a top 10 pick." | Page 10 | Syracusefan.com

NBA Scout: "I'm hearing Malachi will be a top 10 pick."

Dean on Draft has Richardson 87 out of 50 lol. He also took a shot at Chad Ford.

Any mock that has Caris Levert ahead of Mal has lost all credibility.

I think that really boils down to how a team views LeVert's medical records. A healthy LeVert is a significantly better prospect than Malachi IMO. I think LeVert could be a guy that sneaks his way into the first round. All it takes is convincing one team that he can stay healthy; he's a pretty great prospect outside of that.

Also, this mock has Malachi at 17 and says the Grizzlies promised to take him and that they asked him to shut down workouts with other teams - Version IV: The Vertical's 2016 NBA mock draft

Yes, I know these promises don't mean anything.
I know these promises aren't worth the breath it takes to speak them, but it's pretty ballsy to ask a player to do no other workouts with teams (unless they are known to be a top 3-5 pick - and even then...).

I know these promises aren't worth the breath it takes to speak them, but it's pretty ballsy to ask a player to do no other workouts with teams (unless they are known to be a top 3-5 pick - and even then...).
I think that is why he stopped workouts for a short while, until he started getting asked by lottery teams. I am sure they understand at that point, and would feel lucky if he were to fall to them at 17.

Would be a nice pickup for the Grizzlies though - they're short on shooting and young players with potential. Could be a great landing space for Malachi.

Would be a nice pickup for the Grizzlies though - they're short on shooting and young players with potential. Could be a great landing space for Malachi.
Hadn't thought of Memphis. Would be a great spot. Solid veterans on the team but notoriously lack shooting the last few years.

I'm thinking if certain teams were known for breaking these promises, then agents would steer their clients clear of these franchises when it comes to free agency.

I'm thinking if certain teams were known for breaking these promises, then agents would steer their clients clear of these franchises when it comes to free agency.

Its business not personal, agents and gms lie all the time to each other.