NBA Summer League Discussion Thread | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

NBA Summer League Discussion Thread

Couple of nice high low finishes from Kelly O to Fab. 4pts and 4rbs in 3rd qtr for him so far.

Don't understand how AO is not on a roster. He has played very well in the NBDL.
I agree, AO deserves to be on one of these SL squads. All of the Vegas teams rosters haven't been finalized yet, so hopefully AO will be on one of them. 22 teams will be competing in the Vegas SL. If AO isn't on one of them then that would be a disgrace.

I think Abirmitus will eventually stick in the NBA with his size and shooting. He;s made some nice hustle plays, took a charge and deflected the ball out of bounds all in about 2min.

I think Abirmitus will eventually stick in the NBA with his size and shooting. He;s made some nice hustle plays, took a charge and deflected the ball out of bounds all in about 2min.
I was thinking the same but it is summer league. He needs to carve out a niche like Scalabrine (token white guy comparison). BTW, did anyone see the show on Nba TV with all the hosts talking about their playing days. Pretty funny with Charles saying his favorite subject was Home Ec. Shaq was giving him a hard time about making a blanket.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Fab has so much potential but needs to work much harder to get stronger.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

I still remember his one dribble missed dunk @ Lville his soph season where he started from a standstill at the FT line. Nobody does that but he could if he got into shape and really focussed. Fab is the only person that can keep Fab from being a really good bball player, unfortunitally he's doing a good job of that so far.

http://www.nba.com/games/20130707/BOSORL/gameinfo.html?ls=slt
Celtics lose 95-88. Fab finishes with 9pts, 8rbs, 1blk, 3-5ft. Missed about three bunnies around the basket in the 4th qtr that he should have finished with ease. Showed some good hustle for the most but as Clifton mentioned, he needs to put it all together if he's ever going to see any significant minutes in the NBA.

I still remember his one dribble missed dunk @ Lville his soph season where he started from a standstill at the FT line. Nobody does that but he could if he got into shape and really focussed. Fab is the only person that can keep Fab from being a really good bball player, unfortunitally he's doing a good job of that so far.
You're right. He has some decent athleticism for a true 7 footer, knack for blocking/altering shots, even seemed like he could develop an offensive game with a short jumper.

Sadly, never seemed like he worked as hard as the next guy and didn't make this his dream job.

You're right. He has some decent athleticism for a true 7 footer, knack for blocking/altering shots, even seemed like he could develop an offensive game with a short jumper.

Sadly, never seemed like he worked as hard as the next guy and didn't make this his dream job.
I wouldn't give up on him yet. This is only his 2nd season and remember he is still pretty much new to the game of b-ball. He never played until his Soph/Jr year in HS. Hopefully he'll continue to work harder and improve.

Unfortunately it seems like Ricky won't get any burn with the Jazz today. shaq2.png

Trey Burke 1 for 12 from the field...
So are you saying that maybe they should have tried Rick at the point.;)

I just think that Trey's showing today makes MCW's even more impressive. Right now Trey is the preseason pick for ROY, but I am sure after only one meaningless preseason game, MCW has moved up the standings.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom