NBA Thread 2019-20 Season | Page 148 | Syracusefan.com

NBA Thread 2019-20 Season

Good article on the ringer about how the Nugs defense and 76ers offense will never allow them to win as currently built and how a Simmons for Murray swap could fix both teams. Also mentions Porter for Simmons as an option but that seems like a mess cap wise and too big of a bet on Porter at this point.

Honestly seems like it could be a rare perfect trade. 6ers have enough on D and a big time scorer on the perimeter would alleviate their spacing issues that choke them. Simmons would fix the Nugs pick n roll D issues and Jokic is far more capable than Embiid to give Simmons room to operate down low.
I’ve had similar thoughts about Philly and Portland. I think an Embiid for CJ + Nurkic type deal could solve a lot of the issues that both teams have right now.

Good article on the ringer about how the Nugs defense and 76ers offense will never allow them to win as currently built and how a Simmons for Murray swap could fix both teams. Also mentions Porter for Simmons as an option but that seems like a mess cap wise and too big of a bet on Porter at this point.

Honestly seems like it could be a rare perfect trade. 6ers have enough on D and a big time scorer on the perimeter would alleviate their spacing issues that choke them. Simmons would fix the Nugs pick n roll D issues and Jokic is far more capable than Embiid to give Simmons room to operate down low.
Talking about Nuggets trades. Anyone want to talk about how Dennis Lindsey fleeced them twice and traded on draft day for both Rudy Gobert and Donovan Mitchell. I would say for basically garbage but one involved Tyler Lydon one of my all time favorite Orangeman.

Talking about Nuggets trades. Anyone want to talk about how Dennis Lindsey fleeced them twice and traded on draft day for both Rudy Gobert and Donovan Mitchell. I would say for basically garbage but one involved Tyler Lydon one of my all time favorite Orangeman.
Those 2 deals combined are pretty wild. 2 all-stars for essentially nothing.

Celts - Raptors would have been a slight Celtics advantage with Hayward. As it is, its a coin flip. That said if Lowry is limited or out, it may come back to being a Celtics edge as his loss is, IMO, far bigger to the Raptors than that of Hayward

I’ve had similar thoughts about Philly and Portland. I think an Embiid for CJ + Nurkic type deal could solve a lot of the issues that both teams have right now.
Might have to be CJ & Collins for it to work. Nurkic and Simmons on the floor at the same time would still be a disaster on offense. A lot of fun permutations with either Simmons or Embiid. Same thing I always try to figure out with Orlando. They have to move 1 or 2 of their Vuc, Gordon, Isaac, Bamba because they all need to play the 4/5. Any of them at the 3 creates a mess.

I mean I guess Hill could go home if he wanted? Or something? Idk... tying the NBA (which has clearly done a ton related to social injustice... just look at the court, the jerseys, the anthem) playing games to what happened in Milwaukee just doesn't make sense to me. Acting like it's an either, or, situation. But in terms of simply being present in the community, sure I get it.

Anyway... go Mavs!

Edit - and if the Raptors did this, as active as Jaylen Brown has been, I could see the Celts honoring their boycott with them.

Edit - and if the Raptors did this, as active as Jaylen Brown has been, I could see the Celts honoring their boycott with them.
There won’t be a forfeit. The NBA would push the game back.

The officers in Wisconsin need to be investigated immediately and hope the Wisconsin AG does it quickly and indicts the officers or gives the information that details what happened completely.

I think the country is undergoing change it’s just not fast enough to stop this chit from happening when it shouldn’t.
The guy was shot 8 times and is paralyzed right now doctors don’t know if he will get his ability to walk back after the wounds heal.

I mean I guess Hill could go home if he wanted? Or something? Idk... tying the NBA (which has clearly done a ton related to social injustice... just look at the court, the jerseys, the anthem) playing games to what happened in Milwaukee just doesn't make sense to me. Acting like it's an either, or, situation. But in terms of simply being present in the community, sure I get it.

Anyway... go Mavs!
Here's the way Marcus Smart would answer the question I think.

"We tried to be peaceful, kneeling, we tried to protest," Smart said. "And for us, we tried to come out here and get together and play this game and try to get our voice across. But it's not working, so obviously something has to be done.

"Right now, our focus shouldn't really be on basketball. I understand it's the playoffs and everything like that, but we still have a bigger underlying issue that's going on, and the things that we've tried haven't been working. So we definitely need to take a different approach, and we definitely need to try new things out to get this thing working the way that we know it should and get our voices heard even more."

"We tried to be peaceful, kneeling, we tried to protest," Smart said. "And for us, we tried to come out here and get together and play this game and try to get our voice across. But it's not working, so obviously something has to be done.

"Right now, our focus shouldn't really be on basketball. I understand it's the playoffs and everything like that, but we still have a bigger underlying issue that's going on, and the things that we've tried haven't been working. So we definitely need to take a different approach, and we definitely need to try new things out to get this thing working the way that we know it should and get our voices heard even more."
So what are the suggestions? I’ve got some news that people I guess don’t want to hear... but this is not going to just end overnight. It’s extremely unfortunate but it won’t be a hard stop and it won’t ever, likely, be a full stop (we hope it will of course). These cops going to think... you know what... I saw Marcus smart wearing a black lives matter shirt and he boycotted that nba game in Orlando that I don’t even care about, maybe I shouldn’t shoot this guy 7 times.

Unfortunately they’re largely preaching to the choir. Generally speaking, racists don’t watch the NBA. The league got too black for them a long time ago. Thus, they couldn’t care less what the NBA is doing and are actually rooting against it due to the kneeling and BLM stuff. They’d probably be happy to see them not play.

Might have to be CJ & Collins for it to work. Nurkic and Simmons on the floor at the same time would still be a disaster on offense. A lot of fun permutations with either Simmons or Embiid. Same thing I always try to figure out with Orlando. They have to move 1 or 2 of their Vuc, Gordon, Isaac, Bamba because they all need to play the 4/5. Any of them at the 3 creates a mess.

Yeah, maybe. I'm not sure Collins is really a center though and IMO Nurkic is a far more valuable player to make things at least close to even value wise. Theoretically you could also send Nurkic to a 3rd team while acquiring a C that can shoot a bit more.

I don't think the issue in Philly offensively is really the Simmons/Embiid pairing so much as it's the fact that they're surrounded with no real shooters and Embiid also insists on hanging out at the 3 point line jacking up 3's when he's elite inside. I think back to the Blake Griffin/DeAndre Jordan pairing that worked very well offensively despite neither player being able to shoot at all at the time.

Then again, maybe that same argument points towards Philly trying to stick with those two and simply bring in a new coach that can get Embiid to play around the rim more and then do whatever they can to try to get off the Horford and Tobias Harris contracts to bring in more floor spacing. A part of me wonders if Sacramento might still be interested in Horford after they badly wanted him this past offseason; something built around Horford-Buddy Hield would be perfect for Philly and Sacramento seems to be deciding who to keep between Buddy and Bogdanovic this offseason.

Yeah, maybe. I'm not sure Collins is really a center though and IMO Nurkic is a far more valuable player to make things at least close to even value wise. Theoretically you could also send Nurkic to a 3rd team while acquiring a C that can shoot a bit more.

I don't think the issue in Philly offensively is really the Simmons/Embiid pairing so much as it's the fact that they're surrounded with no real shooters and Embiid also insists on hanging out at the 3 point line jacking up 3's when he's elite inside. I think back to the Blake Griffin/DeAndre Jordan pairing that worked very well offensively despite neither player being able to shoot at all at the time.

Then again, maybe that same argument points towards Philly trying to stick with those two and simply bring in a new coach that can get Embiid to play around the rim more and then do whatever they can to try to get off the Horford and Tobias Harris contracts to bring in more floor spacing. A part of me wonders if Sacramento might still be interested in Horford after they badly wanted him this past offseason; something built around Horford-Buddy Hield would be perfect for Philly and Sacramento seems to be deciding who to keep between Buddy and Bogdanovic this offseason.

I think everyone understands the game has changed and shooting is the big thing, but Embiid could legit average 35 if he prioritized the post and improved his conditioning. His per 36 is 28 and 14. He is a massive human. Shaq is always harping on him not taking the small players to school and he's right. Embiid is big. IF you really watch the game you realize how much bigger he is than basically every other player. And he's so skilled. He should post up every single play. The guy could shoot 15 fts a game.

So what are the suggestions? I’ve got some news that people I guess don’t want to hear... but this is not going to just end overnight. It’s extremely unfortunate but it won’t be a hard stop and it won’t ever, likely, be a full stop (we hope it will of course). These cops going to think... you know what... I saw Marcus smart wearing a black lives matter shirt and he boycotted that nba game in Orlando that I don’t even care about, maybe I shouldn’t shoot this guy 7 times.

The theory offered up in that article by Fred Van Vleet is that for example, maybe teams boycott. Bucks owners feel the heat and they use their power in Wisconsin to try to put pressure on the politicians there to take some actual action.

Not sure it would actually work the way he imagines/seems to me that the Bucks owners could do that without teams needing to boycott, but I don't know.

If Gregg Popovich were smart he would take the Nets job.
With Durant, he could manage Kyrie and Levert is a good 3rd wheel.

The Spurs are in transition. They are probably the worst team in the West right now which is insane. It’s either the Spurs, Twolves or Kings.

Send a first round pick to San Antonio and go to Brooklyn.

If Gregg Popovich were smart he would take the Nets job.
With Durant, he could manage Kyrie and Levert is a good 3rd wheel.

The Spurs are in transition. They are probably the worst team in the West right now which is insane. It’s either the Spurs, Twolves or Kings.

Send a first round pick to San Antonio and go to Brooklyn.

Maybe.

Or maybe he’s too smart to want any part of KD and Kyrie’s sensitive, melodramatic BS. He’s won his rings and made his money.

Maybe.

Or maybe he’s too smart to want any part of KD and Kyrie’s sensitive, melodramatic BS. He’s won his rings and made his money.
Why would Pop want to stay in San Antonio when the Spurs aren’t going to be any good for 2-3 years.
The GM of the Nets came from San Antonio so he knows the organization.

The fact PG can’t even play good D on Luka is killing the Clippers.
Lou Williams shouldn’t be guarding him which he was when it wasn’t Kawhi.
This is why the Clippers miss Beverley. He was effective on Doncic early in Game 1, but overextended himself and re-aggravated the injury.

Having said that, they shouldn’t need Beverley with all the depth and talent they have, but they do.

This is why the Clippers miss Beverley. He was effective on Doncic early in Game 1, but overextended himself and re-aggravated the injury.

Having said that, they shouldn’t need Beverley with all the depth and talent they have, but they do.
I want beverly to play to see him foul out and get dismantled by luka on drives to the hoop.

Is something wrong with my TV or is the camera man routinely just showing the basket on the left side of the screen and not even showing the ball handler at the top of the key?

Is something wrong with my TV or is the camera man routinely just showing the basket on the left side of the screen and not even showing the ball handler at the top of the key?

Went back to the main menu and then clicked on the game again and now it’s normal. Weird.

Mitchell should be pick and rolling on Jokic every possession. Jokic can’t defend it.

Every possession Utah doesn’t do that is a benefit for Denver.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom