NBA Thread 2019-20 Season | Page 170 | Syracusefan.com

NBA Thread 2019-20 Season

The question with Blake, as always, is his health. If he's healthy, I think that's a terrifying team. Two guys that can get buckets pretty much whenever they want, and they can play the two-man game together. And Blake's passing ability on the short rolls finding Gobert underneath would be dominant IMO.
I would gamble on limited games and minutes from Blake Griffin as a better fit vs the potential for more games and minutes from Conley on a worse fit.

Yep... I'm talking myself into this.

but what's the point of him shooting them? you can find much better players to jack up threes. hes a waste out there.

I'm totally fine with him taking 3's in the regular season and if he were to take like 1 or 2 a game in the playoffs, I can live with it. But the pull up 3's with 20+ seconds on the shot clock should be completely removed from his game. That's simply a wasted possession. He probably averages at least 2 or 3 of those per game at this point and it's absolutely horrible.

Not that Boston would want Conley, but I assume Hayward is probably off the table for Utah at this point? lol
Who knows. The Jazz seem pretty open to bringing guys back. There are rumors that they might try to get Favors to come back. Could Hayward be the prodigal son? I feel like the Jazz would be more into it than Hayward.

Speaking of the Jazz, Donovan Mitchell will reportedly sign a max extension to stay in Utah once free agency begins.

Think about it guys
Max contracts are the same wherever you are, right?

That means the 4.95% state tax rate in Utah is a fair bit more attractive than the nearly 13% he'd be looking at in NYC. I get it that he'd have a very different lifestyle in NYC though.

Could Marcus Camby shoot? That is player comp I read for Robert Williams.
I feel like Camby could shoot a little so I don’t get that comp.

Thinking of free agency and stuff...the cities that franchises play in will be pretty much irrelevant for next season if they play in a bubble again.

And if they do play in a bubble again, for how long? You can’t just ask these guys to live in a hotel without their family for 6-8 months. Will be interesting to see what happens.

Things are so weird...we’re heading into round 2 of the playoffs when normally we’d be about 6 weeks away from the new season starting.

Thinking of free agency and stuff...the cities that franchises play in will be pretty much irrelevant for next season if they play in a bubble again.

And if they do play in a bubble again, for how long? You can’t just ask these guys to live in a hotel without their family for 6-8 months. Will be interesting to see what happens.

Things are so weird...we’re heading into round 2 of the playoffs when normally we’d be about 6 weeks away from the new season starting.
I think they are going to start seasons in January.
I don’t believe they are going to do bubbles next year full year.

I'd be shocked if they try to do a bubble for a full season. I expect by the time they get everything ironed out for next season, it'll be back in their own arenas with at least limited fan attendance.

I think they are going to start seasons in January.
I don’t believe they are going to do bubbles next year full year.
Xmas day bball is a huge deal for the NBA hard to believe they would pass on that.

I was going to say not a whole lot, it looks like for his career he did take about 22% of his shots from 16 feet and out. Williams takes about 4%. So a pretty big difference

I was going to say not a whole lot, it looks like for his career he did take about 22% of his shots from 16 feet and out. Williams takes about 4%. So a pretty big difference

He hasn't shown it in the NBA yet, but roughly 40% of Robert Williams shot attempts in college were mid-range jumpers and he hit a respectable 40-42% of them.

If we want to keep CuseRunner's hopes up, Robert Randolph of "Friday Night Knicks" theme song fame says he has a credible source that tells him "Mitchell does not want to stay in Utah. 85% likely he'll be a Knick".

If we want to keep CuseRunner's hopes up, Robert Randolph of "Friday Night Knicks" theme song fame says he has a credible source that tells him "Mitchell does not want to stay in Utah. 85% likely he'll be a Knick".

That song is so damn catchy

I GOTTA THERE

Well if Robert Randolph says it he's my go to guy for breaking news.

Me and a friend of mine that loves the Knicks crack jokes on Randolph all the time, but his band actually makes some good music. I've seen them live once or twice and it was a really good show.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom