NBA Thread 2019-20 Season | Page 169 | Syracusefan.com

NBA Thread 2019-20 Season

I got the Heat to win before the series started at +325 but I expect to lose it.

well if the bet was +325 then yeah, you would expect to lose it. but the way these teams match up...theres no way the bucks would win a series over the heat more then 2 out of 3 times.

If you guys are interested in where the Bucks' collective heads are at (besides up their own asses), there's an article out this morning about how much of an outlier Giannis' offensive foul numbers are and it also mentions that the team has been complaining to the league office about the unfair officiating of Giannis and the fact that they've done nothing to dissuade teams from constantly flopping whenever he's near them lol. I think this series might be over.

If you guys are interested in where the Bucks' collective heads are at (besides up their own asses), there's an article out this morning about how much of an outlier Giannis' offensive foul numbers are and it also mentions that the team has been complaining to the league office about the unfair officiating of Giannis and the fact that they've done nothing to dissuade teams from constantly flopping whenever he's near them lol. I think this series might be over.
Watching that game the other night really felt like the first time I could see the lack of a true home court hurting a team.

Not built for the bubble.

That game 7 was a dud. Fun series but the last game felt like a mid 2000s game.

Denver is the deeper team but Utah would have given the Clippers a better series because of their coach and top player being scarier.
Denver will get roasted by the clippers.
Porter can’t play defense so Kawhi won’t have to spend much energy on defense.
Pat Beverley and Paul George can rotate on Murray.

Clippers in 5.

Tonight’s game the Lakers and their fans want OKC. The Lakers would likely would sweep them. The Rockets could atleast give them a series before losing.

I enjoyed it. I don’t care if it’s 140-138, or 80-78...just want a close game.

Watching that game the other night really felt like the first time I could see the lack of a true home court hurting a team.

Not built for the bubble.

I don't think it's the bubble per se. They just don't seem as focused and polished as the other teams that are left right now. It's a shame to see such a special season go down the toilet but we'll see. Still plenty of time left in the series and I think the Bucks have a significant talent edge against the Heat. But it just doesn't matter if the Bucks continue to play so sloppy and disinterested.

Last edited:
Utah wins the series with Bogdanovich. You can’t have Ingles and O’Neal out there playing 30-35 minutes - they just don’t score enough.

Utah wins the series with Bogdanovich. You can’t have Ingles and O’Neal out there playing 30-35 minutes - they just don’t score enough.

If Jordan Clarkson is your go-to scorer outside of Mitchell, you've already lost. It's frankly a testament to Mitchell that they were even in a position to blow a 3-1 lead.

I think if the Jazz can move Conley's contract for basically any decent wing or a 4 that can play with Gobert and commit to the ball being in Mitchell's hands they can be in pretty good shape.

I don't think it's the bubble per se. They just don't seem as focused and polished as the other teams that are left right now. It's a shame to see such a special season go down the toilet but we'll see. Still plenty of time left in the series and I think the Bucks have a significant talent edge against the Heat. But it just doesn't matter if the Bucks continue to play so sloppy and disinterested.
What is the talent edge for the Bucks?
Do you mean regular season depth?
Middleton is an allstar but the rest of that roster doesn’t scream super talented.
The Bucks are solid overall team but the talent isn’t off the charts. In the playoffs depth doesn’t matter as much.

I think if the Jazz can move Conley's contract for basically any decent wing or a 4 that can play with Gobert and commit to the ball being in Mitchell's hands they can be in pretty good shape.

I think Conley for Wiggins would work!

Middleton is an allstar but the rest of that roster doesn’t scream super talented.
The Bucks are solid overall team but the talent isn’t off the charts. In the playoffs depth doesn’t matter as much.

The biggest talent edge they have is (duh) Giannis. Him playing 36 minutes, like he did in game 1, just can't happen. In these games, he's got to be at 40 minutes minimum. I know Bud likes to spread the minutes out, but the reason you keep the minutes down during the season is so you can ride your studs when it matters

Conley for Blake Griffin?

Would you do that?

The trade machine isnt working for Conley because technically he can opt out of his deal (obviously he wont)

Blake has been hurt and has 2 years at like $75 million left. This is going to be a really weird off-season though, some teams may just not want to take on salary or may need to actively dump it. I think if I were the Jazz I would probably just roll with Conley for another year?

Giannis is easily the best player on either team. Middleton is comfortably the best #2 guy on either team and arguably the #2 player overall. If Bledsoe is healthy (which unfortunately I think he's missing Game 2 as well) I think Milwaukee has 4 of the top 6 players in the series or at worst 4 of the top 7.

Doesn't really matter though because the team just lost it once the league went on hiatus.

The biggest talent edge they have is (duh) Giannis. Him playing 36 minutes, like he did in game 1, just can't happen. In these games, he's got to be at 40 minutes minimum. I know Bud likes to spread the minutes out, but the reason you keep the minutes down during the season is so you can ride your studs when it matters
I heard someone on TV say this and it’s kinda true.
Giannis is a skinny 3pt shooting Shaquille O’Neal.
You can’t stop him when he moves and transition is unstoppable.

He can make 3’s unlike Shaq but his FT shooting can be shaky.
It was an interesting comp.

That's been the comp for a year or two now. Very similar in the ways they dominate but obviously Giannis attacks from the perimeter whereas Shaq just posted up for the most part.

Not that Boston would want Conley, but I assume Hayward is probably off the table for Utah at this point? lol

Bud has to play him more and put him in position on offense to constantly be the focal point. He has to crush Crowder when Jae is on him. Crush him. Even if it's Bam, he has to dominate him.

Bud has to work the refs, too. Giannis can't be getting the Shaq treatment.

Bud has to play him more and put him in position on offense to constantly be the focal point. He has to crush Crowder when Jae is on him. Crush him. Even if it's Bam, he has to dominate him.

Bud has to work the refs, too. Giannis can't be getting the Shaq treatment.

I think the real answer is getting the ball out of his hands more to be honest. Or in the very least, getting him the ball in different places. Him just dribbling at the top of the 3 point line makes it way too easy for the help defenders to get set. If Milwaukee just lets him get somewhere and receive a pass, he can theoretically attack before the defense slides into position (provided he actually attacks quickly, which was one of his bigger issues in Game 1). Getting him the ball in the post will theoretically allow him to more calmly read the help defense and attack accordingly.

At any rate, the Bucks need to find a way to move the ball more. There was just way too much of Giannis, Khris, and Hill dribbling around aimlessly in Game 1. I think they'll probably come out more focused today but if Bledsoe remains out, there's a lot of pressure on guys that don't actually handle the ball well (not to mention the defense gets a lot more shaky).

I also suspect we'll post Brook up more today assuming he doesn't get into foul trouble again.

Would you do that?

The trade machine isnt working for Conley because technically he can opt out of his deal (obviously he wont)

Blake has been hurt and has 2 years at like $75 million left. This is going to be a really weird off-season though, some teams may just not want to take on salary or may need to actively dump it. I think if I were the Jazz I would probably just roll with Conley for another year?
I would, because Donovan Mitchell is their future and the horse to ride. As much as I like Conley the player and the guy, as a small guard that is way less effective off the ball, he just doesn't fit. And as long as Gobert has been the man at center for the Jazz, they've never matched him up with the right PF. It's either been another big in Favors or they tried small balling O'Neale/Jingles/Bojan (although Bojan kinda works in that capacity). Plus, they're probably not resigning Conley after this since he is getting a lot older and hasn't fit great anyway, and that money coming off the books for the Jazz doesn't have a ton of value in free agency/with bigger contracts coming up for Gobert and Mitchell. If they're going to get value from Conley beyond his playing they need to flip that contract into something.

A Bogdanovic/Griffin/Gobert front court would be nasty. Mitchell as your lead guard, you can even have Ingles or O'Neale at the 2 still. Find some kind of bench... yeah, I can talk myself into this.

I would, because Donovan Mitchell is their future and the horse to ride. As much as I like Conley the player and the guy, as a small guard that is way less effective off the ball, he just doesn't fit. And as long as Gobert has been the man at center for the Jazz, they've never matched him up with the right PF. It's either been another big in Favors or they tried small balling O'Neale/Jingles/Bojan (although Bojan kinda works in that capacity). Plus, they're probably not resigning Conley after this since he is getting a lot older and hasn't fit great anyway, and that money coming off the books for the Jazz doesn't have a ton of value in free agency/with bigger contracts coming up for Gobert and Mitchell. If they're going to get value from Conley beyond his playing they need to flip that contract into something.

A Bogdanovic/Griffin/Gobert front court would be nasty. Mitchell as your lead guard, you can even have Ingles or O'Neale at the 2 still. Find some kind of bench... yeah, I can talk myself into this.

The question with Blake, as always, is his health. If he's healthy, I think that's a terrifying team. Two guys that can get buckets pretty much whenever they want, and they can play the two-man game together. And Blake's passing ability on the short rolls finding Gobert underneath would be dominant IMO.

but what's the point of him shooting them? you can find much better players to jack up threes. hes a waste out there.

The question with Blake, as always, is his health. If he's healthy, I think that's a terrifying team. Two guys that can get buckets pretty much whenever they want, and they can play the two-man game together. And Blake's passing ability on the short rolls finding Gobert underneath would be dominant IMO.

Yeah Blake as a player is really good. I just have no idea if he's ever going to play. And I don't see Utah taking on that second year at huge money.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom