NBA Thread 2019-20 Season | Page 29 | Syracusefan.com

NBA Thread 2019-20 Season

Westbrook 7-30 !!!
and it took double OT and a missed dunk by the refs for the spurs to beat Houston

7 for THIRTY !!!!!

It's probably only an issue if you think there's a chance Giannis doesn't sign there. Otherwise, as great as Luka is and will be, Giannis is the guy in the league right now I think

Agreed and I Just can't see Luka ever really being much of a defender. He's great to watch though for sure.

NBA needs to replay that Spurs-Rockets game.
How these refs didn’t review this when they review everything.
It’s a mistake that can’t happen.
In baseball they allow teams to protest games. This mistake would likely be successful.
Don’t replay it from this moment but start it over.

In baseball they allow teams to protest games. This mistake would likely be successful.

The Rockets actually think the NBA is going to overturn the result lol.

The Rockets are just an amazingly hilarious organization. They actually think the NBA will give them a win or replay a game over a missed call that occurred with 8 minutes left in regulation? A missed call that Houston seemingly didn't even challenge to try to get it fixed? And all of this doesn't even take into account the missed calls that went in Houston's favor, like the blatant backcourt violation that led to two points for Houston.

Replay the whole game? Dude, that’s an absurd take. The Rockets blew a 13-point lead and didn’t challenge the call in time (I’m going to believe the refs over a weasel like D’Antoni every day of the week and twice on Sunday). Game over.

Houston may get the win. Refs screwed up big time.

There's literally a 0% chance that the NBA just gives Houston a win over a call that was missed with 8 minutes left in a game.

Maybe like a 1% chance the NBA actually makes them replay the final 8 minutes again to see if Houston can blow the lead for a second time, but I'd be very surprised if the NBA wants to open that can of worms. The only times that the NBA has ever replayed a game were (1) when one team's scorekeeper ejected Shaq for fouling out when he hadn't actually fouled out and won the game for his team and (2) on a blown call at the buzzer.

There's no way the NBA wants any part of replaying 8 minutes of a game due to a missed call. Not to mention if the NBA actually agreed to do that, then you'd probably just have San Antonio protesting to replay more of the game to go back to a blown call that went in Houston's favor (like the Rockets buzzer beater that shouldn't have counted in the 3rd quarter).

This is just Daryl Morey doing more Daryl Morey things (like the time he tried to get the NBA to award Houston the NBA title when they lost in the semis) and MacMahon going along with it so that he doesn't lose access.

There's literally a 0% chance that the NBA just gives Houston a win over a call that was missed with 8 minutes left in a game.

Maybe like a 1% chance the NBA actually makes them replay the final 8 minutes again to see if Houston can blow the lead for a second time, but I'd be very surprised if the NBA wants to open that can of worms. The only times that the NBA has ever replayed a game were (1) when one team's scorekeeper ejected Shaq for fouling out when he hadn't actually fouled out and won the game for his team and (2) on a blown call at the buzzer.

There's no way the NBA wants any part of replaying 8 minutes of a game due to a missed call. Not to mention if the NBA actually agreed to do that, then you'd probably just have San Antonio protesting to replay more of the game to go back to a blown call that went in Houston's favor (like the Rockets buzzer beater that shouldn't have counted in the 3rd quarter).

This is just Daryl Morey doing more Daryl Morey things (like the time he tried to get the NBA to award Houston the NBA title when they lost in the semis) and MacMahon going along with it so that he doesn't lose access.
I say replay the game from the beginning and force Houston to win it completely again.
That missed call can’t happen. It really is indefensible. Judgment calls can be missed because they aren’t exact.

The ball literally went thru the hoop and it was missed. That can’t happen.

I don’t like Harden and the Rockets but mistakes like that can’t happen.
I wouldn’t give the Rockets a 13 point lead with 8 minutes but replay the whole game.

I say replay the game from the beginning and force Houston to win it completely again.
That missed call can’t happen. It really is indefensible. Judgment calls can be missed because they aren’t exact.

The ball literally went thru the hoop and it was missed. That can’t happen.

I don’t like Harden and the Rockets but mistakes like that can’t happen.
I wouldn’t give the Rockets a 13 point lead with 8 minutes but replay the whole game.

That's just not going to happen. It was one missed call. They had 8 minutes and a huge lead to seal up the game and they blew it. They aren't getting a do-over.

Whatever the outcome, I feel this justifies my hatred of Harden.

how can you hate harden but not Westbrook ? Westbrook is basically a much shittier version of Harden

That's just not going to happen. It was one missed call. They had 8 minutes and a huge lead to seal up the game and they blew it. They aren't getting a do-over.
It didn’t really effect the game .. Houston was blowing whatever lead they were going to have .. had that play been some turning point .. and there was some momentum shift .. maaaaybee they’d have a case .. fact is the spurs didn’t score their next possession and harden hit a 3 to go up 16 ..

They were up EIGHTH.. with just over a minute left and lost . They need to shut up and take the L .. and I’m a rockets fan

My understanding of protests is they can only be successful if there is a misapplication of the rules ... no rules were misapplied here .. just a missed call ..

Asking them to change the game result is one of the most insane things I have ever heard. Even worse than the call itself.

It's no different than a missed foul call or a missed goaltending call, which cannot be reviewed. It was a bad call (a really blatant one), but every team gets bad and good calls all year long. But just because it was a little more blatant to fans in general it does not mean it had worse impact than other non calls (2 points is 2 points)

Suck it up Houston... or any team that asks for a change of a result. Only time I would accept a chance in result is if it was the last play of a game.

Last edited:
how can you hate harden but not Westbrook ? Westbrook is basically a much shittier version of Harden
Because triple doubles were cool, until Westbrook averaged one, and then people were like "they really aren't cool," and I thought that was lame and unfair to him.

the issue it was a reviewable play and they refused to review it, so thats really a rule mistake and that is protestable and would result in a replay. the shaq one should not have been replayed because thats not a rule mistake, thats a bookmaking mistake and each team is supposed to correct those on the fly.

the issue it was a reviewable play and they refused to review it, so thats really a rule mistake and that is protestable and would result in a replay. the shaq one should not have been replayed because thats not a rule mistake, thats a bookmaking mistake and each team is supposed to correct those on the fly.
The refs refused to review it because the 30-second window to challenge had closed.

Westbrook 7-30 !!!
and it took double OT and a missed dunk by the refs for the spurs to beat Houston

7 for THIRTY !!!!!

There was one night when Rudy Gay was briefly a Toronto Raptor when he went 10-37 in a Double OT game. I think it might have actually been against Houston in 2013. It was agonizing to watch.

I can feel your pain of watching a 7-30 game, and the thoughts of "stop shooting the ball" that much have been blowing you up,

The refs refused to review it because the 30-second window to challenge had closed.
yeah thats the excuse but they were trying to get it looked at from the first 2nd it happened.. just because the refs argued forever was the only reason the deadline passed. Harden asked review as soon as the ball went out of bounds.

The refs should have said to themselves that looked funky and reviewed it without even being asked.

yeah thats the excuse but they were trying to get it looked at from the first 2nd it happened.. just because the refs argued forever was the only reason the deadline passed. Harden asked review as soon as the ball went out of bounds.

The refs should have said to themselves that looked funky and reviewed it without even being asked.
Correct me if I’m wrong, but I don’t think it matters what the players signal. The coach initiates the challenge, so this is on D’Antoni. If there’s proof he initiated a challenge within the window, I’ll reconsider.

this isn’t true. Houston wasn’t asking for a review. They were just complaining and saying it went in. To ask for a review, you have to call a timeout and then twirl your finger. At least based on the tv angles, they called a timeout and then spent the timeout complaining instead of challenging.

they certainly did not ask for a challenge the second it occurred. They were just saying it went in.

Kevin Durant burner account alert. Quarter of the way into the regular season & I almost forgot he’s still in the league.

When I used to play nerf hoop against my dad as a kid, he’d pull out “ref didn’t see it!” when I’d complain about a foul he didn’t call(he was playing/reffing/commentating/being the crowd/etc.)

I take it Morey’s father never pulled “ref didn’t see it” on him. Toughen up, Daryl.

When I used to play nerf hoop against my dad as a kid, he’d pull out “ref didn’t see it!” when I’d complain about a foul he didn’t call(he was playing/reffing/commentating/being the crowd/etc.)

I take it Morey’s father never pulled “ref didn’t see it” on him. Toughen up, Daryl.

when you allow Lonnie Walker jr to score 19 in the 4th (mostly due to harden simply not even trying to guard him) you have no legitimate basis to complain about any result .

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom