NBA Thread 2019-20 Season | Page 31 | Syracusefan.com

NBA Thread 2019-20 Season

Westbrook unbelievably nearly matched his woeful performance of two nights ago

shot 7-27 and 1-6 from 3

that makes him 14 / 57 and 1/12 from 3 last two games

and yet somehow the rockets beat Toronto by 10 on the road despite his joke of a performance

Has anyone ever missed 43 shots in two games , EVER??

Westbrook unbelievably nearly matched his woeful performance of two nights ago

shot 7-27 and 1-6 from 3

that makes him 14 / 57 and 1/12 from 3 last two games

and yet somehow the rockets beat Toronto by 10 on the road despite his joke of a performance

Has anyone ever missed 43 shots in two games , EVER??

I've never seen someones shot completely crater in 3 years like his at a time he should be in his prime. He's shooting 39/21/73. He shot 35% from 3 and 85 from the foul line just 3 years ago. He's also averaging 6 turnovers per game. This is going to get bad for Houston.

I've never seen someones shot completely crater in 3 years like his at a time he should be in his prime. He's shooting 39/21/73. He shot 35% from 3 and 85 from the foul line just 3 years ago. He's also averaging 6 turnovers per game. This is going to get bad for Houston.

It's genuinely impressive to see how much he's struggling, especially considering he's been playing 4 on 3 most possessions lately as teams double team Harden at the half court line.

They'd honestly be better with Chris Clemons starting. I have no idea how they are 14-7 in the West. The funny thing about how bad Westbrook has become, is that NOBODY is talking about it on the national level. It's not even mentioned in passing. He had a triple double last night which shows you what a useless stat that is. He achieved a triple double simply by being out there...and being terrible.

I wonder if the Knicks will actually stick with the apparent plan of waiting for the 2021 free agency class while being this embarrassing for another year or if they'll actually try to sign good players this offseason.

You can't fire the owner:(?

Maybe if enough Knicks fans got together and boycotted going to games, buying merchandise, watching on tv, etc. it'd convince him to sell, but I don't see that happening. I'm sure the value to Dolan is how much the franchise is valued at, which continues to grow year after year.

Now the Knicks need to fire Mills (who has no business running an NBA team) and Perry. Neither knows what they are doing as evidenced by this year's hodge podge roster of rotation players being signed for lots of money to play starter roles. Unfortunately the owner can't be fired but maybe Silver will tell him who to hire to run things and then get out of the way. Silver knows the league needs to have a pulse in New York and Dolan doesn't have a clue.

Boston thumps Denver and the Bucks thump the Clippers. Both at home, but still...the East is not playing around! This is the first time in awhile where the conferences may be relatively even.

Boston thumps Denver and the Bucks thump the Clippers. Both at home, but still...the East is not playing around! This is the first time in awhile where the conferences may be relatively even.

Obviously only 1/4 of the way through the season so plenty of time for this to go down, but the Bucks advanced metrics right now suggest they're better than the 73 win Warriors team was. They're straight up destroying teams right now. Think we've won our last 4 games by 24+ points and if we hadn't called off the dogs tonight, it probably would have been three 40+ point wins.

Ending of OKC-Wolves has to be seen to be believed. Chris Paul is a genius.

Lebron accidentally knocked a courtside waitress over last night and was very nice about helping her up, but I can't stop laughing at this still photo which obviously Twitter had a field day with.
Screen Shot 2019-12-07 at 7.47.11 AM.png

Fizdale did a poor job there IMO - but imagine being the coach and looking down the bench at that crap. It’s a horribly constructed roster. They could have prime Phil Jackson or Pat Riley as the coach and they’d still suck.

I was a huge Wilt fan as a kid, but I'd love to see Harden go for 101 some night. But he'd probably have to play all four quarters. :)

Nice matinee today: Mavs & Lakers in LA. Lakers 6 1/2 favorite, the youngblood, Luca, and OG, LeBron, face off again.
The 3 pointer has really jeopardized records like that, and devalued the new records. It's like giving someone 1.5 RBI for homeruns and they break Hack Wilson's RBI record.

Obviously only 1/4 of the way through the season so plenty of time for this to go down, but the Bucks advanced metrics right now suggest they're better than the 73 win Warriors team was. They're straight up destroying teams right now. Think we've won our last 4 games by 24+ points and if we hadn't called off the dogs tonight, it probably would have been three 40+ point wins.

I still think it was dumb to let Brogdon go (I know I've mentioned that a few times), but they are absolutely murdering teams right now. Crushing the Knicks is one thing, but they got the Clips last night!

The 3 pointer has really jeopardized records like that, and devalued the new records. It's like giving someone 1.5 RBI for homeruns and they break Hack Wilson's RBI record.

That's true, but at the same time, every record is a product of it's time. The year Hack Wilson get the RBI record, the National League as a whole hit 303 and the average team scored 5.7 runs per game. Plus the whole no black players thing.

The year Wilt scored 100 points in a game every team just ran up and jacked up terrible shots. The average team 108 shots and 37 FT. The average team now takes 90 shots and 23 FT per game.

I still think it was dumb to let Brogdon go (I know I've mentioned that a few times), but they are absolutely murdering teams right now. Crushing the Knicks is one thing, but they got the Clips last night!
I wish he were still here, but you could make a pretty strong argument that with the infusion of Wes, Robin Lopez, Korver, and more minutes for Donte and Sterling, we’ve improved our gravity around Giannis as well as our defense.

Brogdon can create better than those guys but with Giannis, Bledsoe, Middleton, and Hill, we didn’t real need that aspect all that much and the guys that have replaced Brogdon’s minutes have a far quicker trigger and with the exception of Korver, are better/more versatile defenders.

I wish he were still here, but you could make a pretty strong argument that with the infusion of Wes, Robin Lopez, Korver, and more minutes for Donte and Sterling, we’ve improved our gravity around Giannis as well as our defense.

Brogdon can create better than those guys but with Giannis, Bledsoe, Middleton, and Hill, we didn’t real need that aspect all that much and the guys that have replaced Brogdon’s minutes have a far quicker trigger and with the exception of Korver, are better/more versatile defenders.

I know the timing didn't exactly work out, but what would you have thought about keeping Brogdon and letting Bledsoe walk?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom