NBA Thread 2019-20 Season | Page 71 | Syracusefan.com

NBA Thread 2019-20 Season

If that's how it shakes out...

I'd be kind of pissed that the NFL would come off like heroes.
The NFL can push the season back 2 weeks and would end the SB on Presidents’ Day weekend and they would get what they want.

The NFL can push the season back 2 weeks and would end the SB on Presidents’ Day weekend and they would get what they want.
Oh I know it could work.

I'm just saying, it feels gross if the NFL comes out as winners. They're the league I trust the least to do "the right thing."

So if the calendar favors them and they get to be the white knight to sports fans... gross

I like the NBA idea where once people can get tested you send both conferences out on 2 cruise ships and teams finish off the series of games in the ballrooms.. you can send a set number of fans/family out with them.
You set up a couple courts in the ball rooms and teams can play 2-3 games on each a day for a month. no worry about new infections or travel and no home courts just play out the season and televise it..

Bulls fans are finally getting what they've wanted and need...
They were going to wait until the end of the season but have decided to start early with all that is going on. Interview candidates starting next week. Have new leadership in place already in place well before this shutdown is over to evaluate this group for the rest of the season once play resumes. No more GarPax!

Yes, they're getting desperate. And yes I will absolutely watch this.

Didn't this fall kind of flat when they did it at All Star Weekend a few years ago?

I can't remember exactly.

With that said, I will also watch.

Didn't this fall kind of flat when they did it at All Star Weekend a few years ago?

I can't remember exactly.

With that said, I will also watch.

It did. But, desperate times and all that

Lets go those tests out to the non multi millionaires of the country first, so we don’t all die trying to complete tasks essential to survival - like get food.

There is the part of me that is desperate for any sports to happen, but then there is the part of me that is kind of disgusted by the idea of nba players taking testing away from people who need it, or the MLB plan that was floated.

In fairness, I assume/hope the idea would be these rapid response tests would be developed and produced in a mass quantity so everyone could get one, but you never know

There is the part of me that is desperate for any sports to happen, but then there is the part of me that is kind of disgusted by the idea of nba players taking testing away from people who need it, or the MLB plan that was floated.

In fairness, I assume/hope the idea would be these rapid response tests would be developed and produced in a mass quantity so everyone could get one, but you never know

Yeah, same. This quarantine would definitely be much easier if I could watch games every night - and not only watch them but discuss them with people, play fantasy sports, etc. They certainly bring people together while providing entertainment. Flat out - I’m not used to be home every evening or all day on weekends - usually when that’s the case it’s because I chose to do that in order to settle in and watch a game. Lol.

But all the same - it’s not THAT important. Those guys can afford to sit home for awhile, while taking no risks to their health, and allowing the tests to get to where they need to get to first.

But yeah...mass testing(thought we had that in early March according to the fat liar dictator psycho) needs to happen ASAP.

even mass testing is only as good as people taking the tests.
99% of us take a test to go to work every day and then some random people just blow it off and it spreads.. but even then if enough of us play it safe it wont spread too far too quickly.

Yeah, same. This quarantine would definitely be much easier if I could watch games every night - and not only watch them but discuss them with people, play fantasy sports, etc. They certainly bring people together while providing entertainment. Flat out - I’m not used to be home every evening or all day on weekends - usually when that’s the case it’s because I chose to do that in order to settle in and watch a game. Lol.

But all the same - it’s not THAT important. Those guys can afford to sit home for awhile, while taking no risks to their health, and allowing the tests to get to where they need to get to first.

But yeah...mass testing(thought we had that in early March according to the fat liar dictator psycho) needs to happen ASAP.

I know this is the NBA thread, but I read the Mike Gundy quote yesterday about how college football should start back up because they need to get the money flowing in Oklahoma again, and just, really?

I know this is the NBA thread, but I read the Mike Gundy quote yesterday about how college football should start back up because they need to get the money flowing in Oklahoma again, and just, really?

Meatheads gonna meathead.

And now Oakley is gonna make Knicks fans turn on him, lol.

The gap between Ewing and his second most talented teammate on any of those teams was monstrous. He did his part...and then some. And then some, again.

Charles Oakley adds Patrick Ewing, Bernard King to Knicks enemies list

Ewing really was so underrated. I guess it kinda hurts that he was playing in the era of centers. As great as I think he was, he doesn't compete with Hakeem. He's probably not at the level of Robinson, and then you have Shaq coming up behind him.

But if you look at teams defensive rating relative to the era they were in (basically, defensive rating divided by league average rating) I'm pretty sure this is still true; the teams at the top of the list are basically 1) the Duncan Spurs and 2) the Ewing Knicks. He anchored some of the best defenses ever (he had help, I guess that is the kind of misleading thing; he definitely didn't have a great supporting cast, but the guys he did have, were great defenders as opposed to scorers, so looking back, they look even worse) and he was a good offensive player.

Thought experiment. When Ewing was in college, he was basically considered the next Russell, the #1 pick whenever he came out. If he comes out after his junior year in 84 (which really, they won the title, no reason not to), who does first, him or Hakeem? And then the Blazers go with whoever wasn't first instead of Sam Bowie? The 84 draft is already considered one of the best ever, imagine dropping Ewing into the mix.

Ewing really was so underrated. I guess it kinda hurts that he was playing in the era of centers. As great as I think he was, he doesn't compete with Hakeem. He's probably not at the level of Robinson, and then you have Shaq coming up behind him.

But if you look at teams defensive rating relative to the era they were in (basically, defensive rating divided by league average rating) I'm pretty sure this is still true; the teams at the top of the list are basically 1) the Duncan Spurs and 2) the Ewing Knicks. He anchored some of the best defenses ever (he had help, I guess that is the kind of misleading thing; he definitely didn't have a great supporting cast, but the guys he did have, were great defenders as opposed to scorers, so looking back, they look even worse) and he was a good offensive player.

Thought experiment. When Ewing was in college, he was basically considered the next Russell, the #1 pick whenever he came out. If he comes out after his junior year in 84 (which really, they won the title, no reason not to), who does first, him or Hakeem? And then the Blazers go with whoever wasn't first instead of Sam Bowie? The 84 draft is already considered one of the best ever, imagine dropping Ewing into the mix.
I think what hurts Ewing is that so much if his scoring looked exactly the same. Post up, two super slow dribbles, turn into the lane.

Every time.

I'm not knocking it. It was effective. It just wasn't the sort of dynamic stuff other stars brought to the table.

I think what hurts Ewing is that so much if his scoring looked exactly the same. Post up, two super slow dribbles, turn into the lane.

Every time.

I'm not knocking it. It was effective. It just wasn't the sort of dynamic stuff other stars brought to the table.

I buy that. And those steps. Especially at the end, they were so slow. Younger athletic Ewing was really before my time, so all I really saw was that guy, the lead footed jump shooting C. But he was my guy, and I'll still get into fights with my dad about him vs Clyde for greatest Knick ever.

I saw a twitter discussion about Ewing recently, throwing out the idea that he probably would at least have some 3's in his arsenal if he was playing now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom