NBA Thread 2019-20 Season | Page 73 | Syracusefan.com

NBA Thread 2019-20 Season

No...missed it I guess. Lol.

I remember a story about MJ talking to an injured Byron Scott before and game, and MJ asked who was guarding him. Byron told him “Anthony Peeler”. And Jordan replied, “Oh. 50.”

lol. And then I believe he actually did score 50+ that night.

Lol. MJ and Bird. Best trash talkers.

Fans forget the 97 Knicks were actually really good. That was the year they went out and got Allan Houston, Chris Childs, and Larry Johnson. If Ewing, Starks and Johnson don't come off the bench after Charlie Ward started a brawl in Game 5 of the ECSF the Knicks probably beat the Heat and would have put up a better fight against Chicago than Miami did. The Knicks split their matchups with the Bulls during that season.

I still remember getting an NBA preview magazine for that season that had the Knicks projected to go 70-12. I was 13, I didn't know any better, I was all in on that team.

I am certainly biased, but i do think they beat Miami that series if there arent any suspensions. Check the box score from Game 6, look who they were playing

I still remember getting an NBA preview magazine for that season that had the Knicks projected to go 70-12. I was 13, I didn't know any better, I was all in on that team.

I am certainly biased, but i do think they beat Miami that series if there arent any suspensions. Check the box score from Game 6, look who they were playing

Yeah and Miami only had PJ Brown suspended. Starks and Johnson missed game 7. That was the biggest what if season ever for the Knicks in the 90’s. They played 4 games against the Bulls that year that were decided by like a total of 10 points and in one of the losses Starks didn’t play and he was the 6th man of the year that season.

Yeah and Miami only had PJ Brown suspended. Starks and Johnson missed game 7. That was the biggest what if season ever for the Knicks in the 90’s. They played 4 games against the Bulls that year that were decided by like a total of 10 points and in one of the losses Starks didn’t play and he was the 6th man of the year that season.

I definitely didn't remember the details on the Bulls. I do remember thinking they had a chance to beat the Bulls, but again, I was 13 and a total idiot, so it wasn't based on facts or anything.

surprised as the antibody testing goes on that more NBA people havent found a way to get tested. 20-30-40% of people seem to have it so there have to be more NBA people with it that dont even know.

surprised as the antibody testing goes on that more NBA people havent found a way to get tested. 20-30-40% of people seem to have it so there have to be more NBA people with it that dont even know.

20-40% of people have it? That seems insanely high? What’s that based on?

just looking at numbers..
iceland a completely isolated place found 10%
NYC tested all pregnant women and found 15% and thats a group that was mostly being safe

If most people dont show signs and the longer things go on its cant really go lower..

if 50% of people that have it dont know and dont get tested who knows how high it is already.

Harvard says 20-60% will get it or have it now.

A place nearby in NE OH has been opened up for antibody testing to all, considering checking it out.

20-40% of people have it? That seems insanely high? What’s that based on?

They did some testing in NY, something like 21% of people in NYC apparently had the antibodies in their system.

All caveats apply. So don't take that as a solid number. In NYC, I wouldnt be surprised if the number is higher than 20%.

They did some testing in NY, something like 21% of people in NYC apparently had the antibodies in their system.

All caveats apply. So don't take that as a solid number. In NYC, I wouldnt be surprised if the number is higher than 20%.
My wife (RN) has a co-worker (RN) who believes that she and her kids had Covid19 in January. People just thought it was the flu.

Last edited:
Watching these classic NBA playoffs on ABC is killing me. I truly was telling myself and friends how surprised I was by how little, if at all, I missed pro hoops.

I clearly have been in denial.

Last edited:
1588023150215.png

It’s hard to imagine convincing the players to accept the isolation from their families they might have to agree to
I think the season should just get cancelled and they should just plan for the next season starting in December.

Do a modified lottery where all 30 teams would be eligible for the top pick but favor the bottom teams.
Plan a draft schedule for prospects.
Have FA first.
Then the draft after FA.

I think the season should just get cancelled and they should just plan for the next season starting in December.

Do a modified lottery where all 30 teams would be eligible for the top pick but favor the bottom teams.
Have FA first.
Then the draft after FA.
I'd be on board for all of this.

Have FA first.
Then the draft after FA.

IMO, the season should start in December anyway. Run through August.

IMO, the season should start in December anyway. Run through August.

It will be interesting if they try and take the obvious negative and try to make some kind of positive (try out some new things, like a new season schedule)

Have FA first.
Then the draft after FA.

Isn't there a possibility they can get this season done and stilk start next December anyway?

I am a little torn, they are so relatively close to the end of the season, I would hate to throw that away and start from scratch. On the other hand, I guess no matter what, everyone is going to look at whatever form these playoffs take as a gimmick and not totally legitimate anyway, so maybe just give up on them.

Though the obvious elephant in the room is the tv money, they're going to do anything they can to get some kind of playoffs done

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom