NBA Thread 2019-20 Season | Page 43 | Syracusefan.com

NBA Thread 2019-20 Season

I hope Kuzma isn't going anywhere.

Averaging 17.6 ppg since he came back right before Christmas.

Sick of media/stupid Laker fans jumping the gun and trying to run guys out of town. Let the guy get healthy and find his role. seems to be happening now.

*I’ve seen Lakers fans saying Rondo is washed in one breathe and then “hoping we can get Collison!” in the next. Lolsmh. They’re one year apart! Collision’s shooting theoretically may be a better fit...if he’s not washed. But Rondo isn’t washed, he’s just not a great fit with LeBron.

Sick of media/stupid Laker fans jumping the gun and trying to run guys out of town. Let the guy get healthy and find his role. seems to be happening now.

*I’ve seen Lakers fans saying Rondo is washed in one breathe and then “hoping we can get Collison!” in the next. Lolsmh. They’re one year apart! Collision’s shooting theoretically may be a better fit...if he’s not washed. But Rondo isn’t washed, he’s just not a great fit with LeBron.
I think it's just fun to say guys are washed.

Eve looks good lately. Still feels like they need a piece tho.

Went to Kings Bucks on Friday night and had a pretty good time despite the result. I had a brownie before the game anticipating that it would be a blowout since Bogdan and Holmes were on the injury report. I found some tickets in the Greek Orthodox Church section (had a sale without fees) which made for an interesting mix of people. I would say about 40% of them were rooting for the Bucks since they have a Greek dude on the team. Nobody was rude though, just clapping on the Bucks baskets. Kings contained Giannis but Bledsoe and Middleton stepped up and kept the Kings from making it a game in the 4th. Lupe Fiasco performed at Halftime, I don't think he's had a hit in years...well if he did, he didn't perform it. Halftime performances are so odd, a large number of people are getting drinks so the energy really isnt there but Lupe did his best to run around and get the crowd into it while wearing a Black custom Kings jersey. It said "Lupe" on the back, not Fiasco for those wondering. Kings tried pushing the ball (about time), and looks like they're going to continue to make it a habit in the new year but they're going to need all the starters healthy at once (looks like another 3 weeks before that's the case) if they're going to make a run at the 8 spot.
I'll be in attendance Wednesday against the Mavs which has the potential to generate some of the most toxic postgame Facebook and Reddit threads in the history of the internet. I get the pleasure of seeing about 10 Luka threads per week in the Facebook groups (probably more actually) and so far in his career he's 0-4 vs the Kings. If he picks up his first win at Sacramento, oh boy, probably the worst of the basketball board X10 come Thursday morning.

Went to Kings Bucks on Friday night and had a pretty good time despite the result. I had a brownie before the game anticipating that it would be a blowout since Bogdan and Holmes were on the injury report. I found some tickets in the Greek Orthodox Church section (had a sale without fees) which made for an interesting mix of people. I would say about 40% of them were rooting for the Bucks since they have a Greek dude on the team. Nobody was rude though, just clapping on the Bucks baskets. Kings contained Giannis but Bledsoe and Middleton stepped up and kept the Kings from making it a game in the 4th. Lupe Fiasco performed at Halftime, I don't think he's had a hit in years...well if he did, he didn't perform it. Halftime performances are so odd, a large number of people are getting drinks so the energy really isnt there but Lupe did his best to run around and get the crowd into it while wearing a Black custom Kings jersey. It said "Lupe" on the back, not Fiasco for those wondering. Kings tried pushing the ball (about time), and looks like they're going to continue to make it a habit in the new year but they're going to need all the starters healthy at once (looks like another 3 weeks before that's the case) if they're going to make a run at the 8 spot.
I'll be in attendance Wednesday against the Mavs which has the potential to generate some of the most toxic postgame Facebook and Reddit threads in the history of the internet. I get the pleasure of seeing about 10 Luka threads per week in the Facebook groups (probably more actually) and so far in his career he's 0-4 vs the Kings. If he picks up his first win at Sacramento, oh boy, probably the worst of the basketball board X10 come Thursday morning.

This post is...awesome. Pre-game snacks, Greek Orthodox ticket section, Lupe Fiasco, Reddit - it's all in there.

Haven't done this in a while, but Cam Reddish has now played 33 games and is shooting 32% overall and 26% from 3 in 26 MPG. Nice pick Hawks.

You'll enjoy this.

Hunter at 4 and Reddish and Young < Luka

Think that's going to be or already is equivalent to the Bears not only drafting Trubisky ahead of Watson/Mahomes but trading up from 3 to 2 to do so.

What it means: Of the 120 rookies this century who have attempted enough shots to qualify for the shooting leaderboard, Barrett ranks 117th in TS%. Only Elfrid Payton, Adam Morrison, and Emmanuel Mudiay are worse. (Kevin Knox is 112th; new Knick Dennis Smith Jr. is 114th; Frank Ntilikina, were he to qualify, would be tied with Mudiay for last place. The Knicks sure know how to pick ’em.)

Made my first trip to the sports book. Jazz or Bucks. Stone Cold lock.
Halfway thru the season I am still pretty bullish about my NBA Champion wager. Long way to go but enjoying the ride.

Ja Morant's locked up ROY before the All-Star break and has helped make Memphis relevant halfway through the regular season. Nice win tonight against Houston, Grizzlies 8th in the West.

How do you make it from one end to the other with only three dribbles?

Right? You’ve gotta REALLY push the ball out in front while speed dribbling, but even doing that as effectively as possible it still seems 3 wouldn’t be quite enough. Seems like anybody would need 2 to go from halfcourt to the basket, which would mean 4 total. I’d love to see this drill.

Right? You’ve gotta REALLY push the ball out in front while speed dribbling, but even doing that as effectively as possible it still seems 3 wouldn’t be quite enough. Seems like anybody would need 2 to go from halfcourt to the basket, which would mean 4 total. I’d love to see this drill.

I’ll be damned. This little guy goes from the foul line to the other end for a layup in 3 dribbles. Granted, not an NBA court, but he’s also not NBA sized. The ground he covers on his 2 steps on his layup is awesome.

I’ll be damned. This little guy goes from the foul line to the other end for a layup in 3 dribbles. Granted, not an NBA court, but he’s also not NBA sized. The ground he covers on his 2 steps on his layup is awesome.

Yeah I'm not currently nor have ever been coordinated enough for that.

How do you make it from one end to the other with only three dribbles?

It's actually not that difficult since there's no defenders; basically just throw the ball out in front of you and chase it down. Doing it with just your off-hand is pretty awkward though. We used to do a drill like this at my high school but the off-hand part wasn't a requirement.

Edit: I see someone found video of basically the same thing haha

It's actually not that difficult since there's no defenders; basically just throw the ball out in front of you and chase it down. Doing it with just your off-hand is pretty awkward though. We used to do a drill like this at my high school but the off-hand part wasn't a requirement.

Edit: I see someone found video of basically the same thing haha
I was thinking it would be from the end line to the basket. And no traveling...

I need to try this when I play Friday night.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom