NBA Thread 2019-20 Season | Page 44 | Syracusefan.com

NBA Thread 2019-20 Season

Love Javale. He and the other Lakers center, Dwight Howard, are averaging 3.2 blocks a game. And Davis is averaging 2.6.

This is sick.

Terrence Ross being Terrence Ross. (i.e. not always playing smart). He had the dunk if he did not go for the tomahawk.

Markelle Fultz came up huge against the Lakers, scoring two sweet shots down the stretch for the win & finishing with a triple double. Happy for the kid, he's starting to show why the Sixers took him No. 1. Change of scenery and team's working for him.

So's Zion ever gonna play or can we just declare him a straight bust?

Isiah is hitting hard here.

He was one of my first sports “villain’s” as I hated him and those Pistons who swept my Lakers, so there’s no bias here...

He’s easily one of the best guards to ever play, who certainly sacrificed personal glory for his team.

Yeah I was going for a hot take there.

Still think bust potential is very high.

Could've been an honest question!

I don't even know what Id be thinking if the Knicks had won the lottery. The durability could be a serious concern.
I do think when he plays he's going to be an absolute monster though

Could've been an honest question!

I don't even know what Id be thinking if the Knicks had won the lottery. The durability could be a serious concern.
I do think when he plays he's going to be an absolute monster though
How many games do you think he plays this season?

I'm guessing under 25.

Yeah I was going for a hot take there.

Still think bust potential is very high.

Meanwhile, a few hundred miles north on the Mississippi River, the "consolation prize" in the lottery is en route to a ROY season and has his team in a playoff spot.

Screen Shot 2020-01-18 at 6.42.39 PM.png

How many games do you think he plays this season?

I'm guessing under 25.

They'll have 38 games left assuming he makes it back on Wednesday. Selfishly I want to say over 25 cause I really want to see him play, but I would prob lean under. They are on the fringes of the playoff race, but if/when they fall out, I could see them easing up on him.

I've seen talk that he shouldn't play this year no matter what, which I don't get at all. if he's healthy, he should play. He's never played in the NBA before, he needs to play!

I’m convinced that Buddy Hield and Kevin Martin are actually the same guy.

Looks like Danny Ainge was too greedy with that Memphis pick, and its value is crashing.

Memphis is currently in the playoffs at 20-22. Hard to believe the success they have had.this year. Their recent draft picks (JA Morant, Jaren Jackson, Brendan Clarke have all played very well). And while Valanciunas struggles with D in the new NBA, he stuffs the stat sheet wheh he does play.. Its a nice core moving forward.

It has begun .. the rockets free fall has begun
Soon they’ll be battling for the 8th spot

Darryl morey somehow skates on making some awfult trades that have set this team back financially for half a decade and stripped them of any draft capital ...

Yet he gets zero crap for it and is somehow thought of as a genius

the trade for Chris Paul was bad
The signing of Paul was worse
The trade of Paul for a guy with more years on a WORSE DEAL WITH AN EXTRA YEAR and giving up draft picks too ?

he looks like a moron now .. they can’t even tank .. they have no picks

Looks like Danny Ainge was too greedy with that Memphis pick, and its value is crashing.

Memphis is currently in the playoffs at 20-22. Hard to believe the success they have had.this year. Their recent draft picks (JA Morant, Jaren Jackson, Brendan Clarke have all played very well). And while Valanciunas struggles with D in the new NBA, he stuffs the stat sheet wheh he does play.. Its a nice core moving forward.
Memphis is one 4 game losing streak from 13th place in the West.
They are a fun team to watch.
even if it’s not a high lottery that pick was acquired for 2 second round picks. So any first round pick for 2 second round picks is a good trade.

They'll have 38 games left assuming he makes it back on Wednesday. Selfishly I want to say over 25 cause I really want to see him play, but I would prob lean under. They are on the fringes of the playoff race, but if/when they fall out, I could see them easing up on him.

I've seen talk that he shouldn't play this year no matter what, which I don't get at all. if he's healthy, he should play. He's never played in the NBA before, he needs to play!
He could pull the Simmons and be healthy and not play so he can win rookie of the year the following year. #spidermitchellwasrobbed

I was thinking it would be from the end line to the basket. And no traveling...

I need to try this when I play Friday night.
Damnit. Forgot to try this Friday or today. I’ll give it a go on Tuesday

I said this on the basketball board, but if Melo received tons of criticism in the past for not leading the Knicks or Nuggets to titles then Harden deserves the same.

I said this on the basketball board, but if Melo received tons of criticism in the past for not leading the Knicks or Nuggets to titles then Harden deserves the same.

I guess that's fair, though really, Melo was more getting the criticism for not doing a lot of winning in the playoffs, no? Not necessarily just not winning titles. He won 2 playoff series in his entire time there. Harden has won 6 with Houston.

The Rockets also came the closest that anyone has come to beating the Durant Warriors, probably the best team ever. They made the conf finals twice, and basically missed out on a third time (last year) due to a tiebreaker with the Blazers. It's not the best record of winning ever, but the Harden Rockets have pretty clearly been more successful than Melo was with Denver (or the Knicks, for that matter)

I guess that's fair, though really, Melo was more getting the criticism for not doing a lot of winning in the playoffs, no? Not necessarily just not winning titles. He won 2 playoff series in his entire time there. Harden has won 6 with Houston.

The Rockets also came the closest that anyone has come to beating the Durant Warriors, probably the best team ever. They made the conf finals twice, and basically missed out on a third time (last year) due to a tiebreaker with the Blazers. It's not the best record of winning ever, but the Harden Rockets have pretty clearly been more successful than Melo was with Denver (or the Knicks, for that matter)
Melo got criticized for forcing the knicks to trade valuable assets for him instead of just waiting a few months and signing with them as a free agent

Memphis is one 4 game losing streak from 13th place in the West.
They are a fun team to watch.
even if it’s not a high lottery that pick was acquired for 2 second round picks. So any first round pick for 2 second round picks is a good trade.

Certainly the Celtics won that trade.

Ainge has been clearly the best at accumulating value from acquired draft assets. I just think there is possibly a fair criticism that acquiring them, he may sit on the assets a little long. You are closer to the Celtics than me, and may disagree.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom