NBA Thread 2019-20 Season | Page 45 | Syracusefan.com

NBA Thread 2019-20 Season

Melo got criticized for forcing the knicks to trade valuable assets for him instead of just waiting a few months and signing with them as a free agent
People tend to forget that Chauncey Billups was included in that deal. The additions of Melo and Billups helped the Knicks finish with their first winning record in ten years and earn their first playoff appearance since 2004.

No idea. I saw it on Twitter and posted it.
I saw some stuff had happened last year, but can’t find any more recent ones. Also saw he either suffers from depression, bipolar disorder, or schizophrenia.

I saw some stuff had happened last year, but can’t find any more recent ones. Also saw he either suffers from depression, bipolar disorder, or schizophrenia.

I read something to that effect as well. I was going to say that I hope that it wasn't West in that video, but either way, it sucks to see ANYONE in that condition.

The stigma surrounding mental health needs to end.

If it is him, if it isn’t him... that individual needs help.
The issue is that you can't compel treatment, and most people with severe mental health issues won't accept it. So much of drug use and crime is related to mental health issues. It's staggering.
I would rather fill up mental health facilities than prisons.

The issue is that you can't compel treatment, and most people with severe mental health issues won't accept it. So much of drug use and crime is related to mental health issues. It's staggering.
Need to open a few more then. But I agree.

Well said, Captain.

I remember the Delonte and LeBron’s Mom rumors. That was funny
Hope that guy gets help. This wasn’t funny.
Opioid epidemic and mental health are the most misunderstood issues in this country. They don’t get enough attentions.
Cities are drug dungeons it’s sad how many people die from them.
Delonte West needs help.

Lakers aren’t as good as the Bucks.
Watching the Celtics play both within a week. Bucks should win the championship unless their role players get tight in the Finals.

Clippers still are the West favorite IMO.

I’ve heard the rumors for years that he’s mentally ill and homeless. Didn’t want to believe it.

Still truly hope that’s not him. The NBPA should do something to help him, if so.

im sure hes had myriad people try to help him. some people cannot be helped.

anyone catch the latest rockets meltdown? four in a row they've lost...today they were up 15 mid 4th quarter at home vs a depleted Thunder team. they not only lost...they lost by 5.
harden had solid 1-17 from three. i mean what kind of person just keeps shooting 3 after 3 when they know they are off that day. harden might just be a low iq sufferer.

I wonder if Boeheim will be getting royalties from the growing use of "Tavern League" defense in the NBA. I've seen teams go to the zone more and more this season. Orlando was giving the Lakers fits the other night when the Magic switched to zone for a stretch.

The N.B.A. Embraces a ‘Trash’ Defense
Lakers had to use the 2-3 against Boston last night to stop Tatum from raining threes. It was futile.

anyone catch the latest rockets meltdown? four in a row they've lost...today they were up 15 mid 4th quarter at home vs a depleted Thunder team. they not only lost...they lost by 5.
harden had solid 1-17 from three. i mean what kind of person just keeps shooting 3 after 3 when they know they are off that day. harden might just be a low iq sufferer.
You hate to see it.

Shooters gotta shoot.

Here is a story on Joe Murphy, former NHL #1 pick, who is living on the streets of Kenora Ontario (up in Northern Ontario). He is actually still friendly, but has severe mental health issues. He played 800 games, and concussions may be to blame for many of his issue. I think he is entitled to a pension of about $50,000 once he turns 55, but would that help?

A story from 2018

At the end, it said that Adam Graves and Glen Healy had set him up with shelther, but less than a year later he was back on the streets.

Mental health is very sad. And very misunderstood by pretty much all of us.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom