NBA Thread 2020-21 Season | Page 205 | Syracusefan.com

NBA Thread 2020-21 Season

Porzingis for Simmons time. Think that would possibly make both teams worse.

The craziest thing about that series is the Hawks aren’t even at full strength either. I would feel a lot better about them going at Milwaukee with Hunter in the lineup and Bogdanovic healthy.

Right now they have 6 guys who seem playable. That said if everyone was healthy Huerter probably gets 25 mins a game in his usual 6th man role.

The craziest thing about that series is the Hawks aren’t even at full strength either. I would feel a lot better about them going at Milwaukee with Hunter in the lineup and Bogdanovic healthy.

Right now they have 6 guys who seem playable. That said if everyone was healthy Huerter probably gets 25 mins a game in his usual 6th man role.
This Atlanta squad is crazy deep. Win a Game 7 on the road, win a series against Philly to get to the ECF with no Deandre Hunter, Bogdanovic injured in games 6 & 7, plus they have Cam Reddish just chillin with the injury rehab.

I want to say they need another piece, but maybe… maybe not…. Maybe they just need to grow up together, or maybe they are already ready.

Watch the Lakers steal Simmons for Kuzma/Caruso and a filler.

Simmons doesn’t do anything to help the Lakers. With Lebron James on the team he would be useless. The Lakers need shooting.

This Atlanta squad is crazy deep. Win a Game 7 on the road, win a series against Philly to get to the ECF with no Deandre Hunter, Bogdanovic injured in games 6 & 7, plus they have Cam Reddish just chillin with the injury rehab.

I want to say they need another piece, but maybe… maybe not…. Maybe they just need to grow up together, or maybe they are already ready.

I think one of those wings are redundant so maybe they move them for another piece. I know there’s been discussion about dealing Reddish. He’s the one guy on that roster drafted in the past 3-4 seasons that I am not sure will ever be a good enough offensively on a good team. I would NOT trade John Collins.

Simmons doesn’t do anything to help the Lakers. With Lebron James on the team he would be useless. The Lakers need shooting.
Simmons makes the Lakers defense even more elite and they can use him to keep the miles down on LeBron’s odometer in the regular season.

OKC could deal for him.

I guess Houston was right for not wanting him for Harden.

"Trust the process" went awry the day the 76ers signed a used car salesman, Bryan Colangelo, as GM. Elton Brand added to the issue. And Darryl Morey basically did nothing with the roster when he had a chance.

Everything opened up for the 76ers this playoff year and they blew it. I think the best version of that team by far was the 2019 team that had Jimmy Butler on it, and some bench length on the wings that fit their system. Now they are just a misfit team and underachievers.

So is Simmons the best player from the 2016 draft?
You got Siakim, Brown, Murray, Ingram or Sabonis as contenders.

Daryl isn't a moron.
Morey has to sign Embiid to a Supermax this offseason that will push Philadelphia’s luxury tax bill up. Simmons will get moved I doubt they will take another bad contract back for him so I am guessing they will try and get multiple pieces back.
Not many teams will be able to trade for Simmons.
If he had more value Portland might trade Lillard out east for a package as he wants to be moved.

"Trust the process" went awry the day the 76ers signed a used car salesman, Bryan Colangelo, as GM. Elton Brand added to the issue. And Darryl Morey basically did nothing with the roster when he had a chance.

Everything opened up for the 76ers this playoff year and they blew it. I think the best version of that team by far was the 2019 team that had Jimmy Butler on it, and some bench length on the wings that fit their system. Now they are just a misfit team and underachievers.

Morey did everything he could to get Harden. He had him until Brooklyn threw in extra on the deal at the last minute. If they had him, they would be the favorites.

The roster construction is fine for one glaring problem with Ben Simmons and one outside issue in that if Brooklyn is healthy next year, they can't compete with them. Ben is overpaid, out of position and they likely, now, can't get much in return for him.

I agree, TTP went sideways as soon as Colangelo came in.

If they want to win now, they need to be willing to attach a pick or two with Simmons to get someone of any value in return.

The Hawks were 14-20 before McMillan took over and 35-15 including the playoffs since.
McMillan is a good coach. One of the few that doesn’t get in the way of his teams.
Indiana was stupid for firing him.

Everyone would have taken Simmons #1 in 2016, but that being said there's a different universe out there where Boston ends up with Simmons and Fultz and the Sixers get Brown and Tatum.

Philly not doing anything at the deadline was dumb. They were rumored to be going after Lowry, but they were worried about hurting Simmons feelings.

So is Simmons the best player from the 2016 draft?
You got Siakim, Brown, Murray, Ingram or Sabonis as contenders.

IMO, it's Brown.

He isn't in that group, but shout out to Dejounte Murray who is a pretty good player from that draft and definitely would have helped the Sixers if they had him

Everyone would have taken Simmons #1 in 2016, but that being said there's a different universe out there where Boston ends up with Simmons and Fultz and the Sixers get Brown and Tatum.

Philly not doing anything at the deadline was dumb. They were rumored to be going after Lowry, but they were worried about hurting Simmons feelings.
Ainge took a lot of chit for taking Brown 3rd.
He was mocked for it.
It was expected to be Murray or Hield.

Ainge wanted Tatum at 1 in 2017 but the book was to take Fultz.
People forget the Lakers could have had Tatum but they were locked in on Lonzo Ball so Ainge knew he could trade down and get Tatum.

Hinkie’s idea worked but they have screwed this up big time since he left. Brown should have been fired way before last year. He was a bad coach:

Simmons got mind bleeped, and Morey doesn’t like to make trades unless he clearly wins them.

They should have traded Maxey for Lowry.

IMO, it's Brown.

He isn't in that group, but shout out to Dejounte Murray who is a pretty good player from that draft and definitely would have helped the Sixers if they had him
That was Jamal Murray but your right Dejounte has improved a lot since the Spurs got him late in that first round.

Ainge took a lot of chit for taking Brown 3rd.
He was mocked for it.
It was expected to be Murray or Hield.

Ainge wanted Tatum at 1 in 2017 but the book was to take Fultz.
People forget the Lakers could have had Tatum but they were locked in on Lonzo Ball so Ainge knew he could trade down and get Tatum.

Hinkie’s idea worked but they have screwed this up big time since he left. Brown should have been fired way before last year. He was a bad coach:

Simmons got mind bleeped, and Morey doesn’t like to make trades unless he clearly wins them.

They should have traded Maxey for Lowry.
Brown was a bit vindicated for last night. Not sure what else he could do. Simmons is a broken player.

what is Huerter's contract status? He came in with Young right so is he do for an extension? Ultimate glue guy who is only going to force them to play him more minutes as his game continues to grow.

Sixers have too many defensive studs who can't shoot (Simmons, Thybault), and in the modern NBA they aren't worth the money or minutes.

The Hawks were 14-20 before McMillan took over and 35-15 including the playoffs since.
Think that mostly coincides with Bogdanovic returning from injury as well. They're 38-18 with him in the lineup this year.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom