NBA Thread 2020-21 Season | Page 207 | Syracusefan.com

NBA Thread 2020-21 Season

Kevin O'Connor was saying this morning that executives around the league believe a CJ-Simmons swap is a reasonable sensible move for both teams.

I'm just not a fan of Simmons fit in Portland personally. I think he needs a rebuilding team that can be patient with him and build a team around him; not another high-pressure situation where he has to play without the ball in his hands which he's clearly struggled with as Embiid has become more and more the center of the offense (and rightfully so obviously).

I get that theoretically he has the skillset to essentially be the Draymond to Dame's Steph, but he hasn't really shown the ability to play that way lately and I'm just not confident that's the best way forward for either him or Portland.

And on Philly's end, I also think a CJ-Seth Curry backcourt would be an absolute disaster defensively.

All good points. And I agree. I just wonder if Oshey is getting nervous for his job and Dame is putting pressure to make a move.

Everyone would have taken Simmons #1 in 2016, but that being said there's a different universe out there where Boston ends up with Simmons and Fultz and the Sixers get Brown and Tatum.

Philly not doing anything at the deadline was dumb. They were rumored to be going after Lowry, but they were worried about hurting Simmons feelings.
That diff universe is really crazy to think about especially with them. Okafor was a giant miss with KP next and made 0 sense at the time a year after Embiid. We all dislike KP now but Okafor was legit turd. Not sure how a KP/Embiid combo would have worked but it certainly is about 100x better than the outcome with Embiid/Okafor. Simmons was a no doubter #1 so hard to argue with despite what has happened since. 2017 then compounds the 2015 debacle. They'd be in so much better shape with anyone else that went in the top 7 besides Josh Jackson. Even Markannen would have been a big improvement even though he seems to have become a jag after looking like a possible future star at the start.

Huerter has one more year left on his deal before he'd be a restricted free agent.
Huerter could be one of those guys who gets over valued because he is more of a glue guy than a stat guy and is a big fan favorite. Needless to say is that someone will make him very wealthy.

At the very least, Gobert would have dunked that ball at the end of the game.

I think you can win with Gobert, I just think he's overvalued bc 1) he's a center, not a wing and 2) he's limited on offense.

The Simmons situation is a much worse. It seems to be in his head. His FT% by playoff series has gone from 71% down to 33%. He won't shoot a three. He won't shoot a jumper. He won't attack the rim in close games.

I dunno, unless you are willing to go full on trying to help him and be VERY patient during that process without assurances that he will be better, I think you have to move him. If you want to win now, you try to get CJ even if you have to attach picks. I'm still not sure if they'd be interested. Otherwise you just have to take what you can get and plan for Maxey to step up.
Is it possible that the 6ers drafted the 2 most screwed up players in recent league history with back to back #1 overall picks?

I mean MCW can shoot a little bit tho.
Debatable. I'd rather a guy take 0 3s then take a few and shoot 24%. Can't make the "you gotta keep them honest" argument in his case either. No one guards MCW outside of about 12 feet.

Debatable. I'd rather a guy take 0 3s then take a few and shoot 24%. Can't make the "you gotta keep them honest" argument in his case either. No one guards MCW outside of about 12 feet.
MCW makes free throws.

Huerter could be one of those guys who gets over valued because he is more of a glue guy than a stat guy and is a big fan favorite. Needless to say is that someone will make him very wealthy.

He’s only 22. I think he’s going to improve some more from an efficiency standpoint. I think Atlanta would be smart to keep him over Reddish, but everyone keeps thinking Reddish is suddenly going to become a good player for whatever reason even though he’s stunk at every level offensively including AAU.

They both shot exactly 61.3% this year from the line which is actually pretty bizarre.
MCW or Ben Simmons have to make their next free throw or you die. Who you pickin'?

Andruw Wiggins and draft pick for Ben Simmons might happen.
Honestly makes some sense but don't think the most analytically inclined GM is making a deal for Wiggins unless that pick GS has from Minny ends up at #4 and is guaranteed one of Mobley or the 2 Jalens.

Beal would be pretty much perfect on the 6ers end but Simmons seems light for Beal after last night.

Honestly makes some sense but don't think the most analytically inclined GM is making a deal for Wiggins unless that pick GS has from Minny ends up at #4 and is guaranteed one of Mobley or the 2 Jalens.

Beal would be pretty much perfect on the 6ers end but Simmons seems light for Beal after last night.

A big problem for the Sixers (and its mostly a catch 22 I guess) is while you could argue the Simmons/Embiid thing was destined to not totally work out, you really can't trade Simmons until you know for sure it can't work out. But by the time that happens, Simmons' trade value has tanked

Hope that's true, but you only have to go back a week to find teams lying about the severity of their star's injuries.

He was in the locker room when they were celebrating Terrance Mann. It would seem odd if he had a serious injury that he would be there, I think.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom