NBA Thread 2020-21 Season | Page 39 | Syracusefan.com

NBA Thread 2020-21 Season

Details on this one should be interesting. Did Ainge get greedy? Did Pacers not wanna pay him that much?

Michael Jordan the owner is so bad I will say.
Hayward is a good player but that contract is just stupid.
Jerami Grant is a better player and only gets half.

Details on this one should be interesting. Did Ainge get greedy? Did Pacers not wanna pay him that much?
Indiana was rumored to be 4 years and 100 million.

So Hayward got 20 million more.

It’s a stupid deal for Charlotte.

If Ainge takes Zeller’s 15 million to do a sign and trade screw Ainge.

Ainge is a top of the line GM.
But IMO his one weakness that has cost him at times is that he overplays his hand trying to "win" in trade discussion -- even in trade discussions when the return is fair and would be very helpful based on where the Celtics were at that time.

Avery Bradley to Heat. They are going to be a very tough out. They added size and toughness on D, while maintaining flexibility.

Edit: Lost Crowder to Suns 3 for 30

Last edited:
My most important concern in the Gordon Hayward contract was that Boston did not make out too strongly out of it, since they are a contender. That seems to have been the case.

Charlotte is irrelevant, and will continue to be so irrelevant after this. Good for Hayward I guess. I have to wonder if there some sort of workaround at a future date to get him to the Pacers.

I like Hayward a lot but that contract is just indefensible. Fascinated to see how he does returning to being the #1 or #2 option.

Re: the Bucks moves, I’m content with the Portis deal. I don’t like the Augustin one but I get it. He shouldn’t be that expensive at this point in his career but oh well. Just praying Giannis signs but hope is not as high as it once was.

I like Hayward a lot but that contract is just indefensible. Fascinated to see how he does returning to being the #1 or #2 option.

Re: the Bucks moves, I’m content with the Portis deal. I don’t like the Augustin one but I get it. He shouldn’t be that expensive at this point in his career but oh well. Just praying Giannis signs but hope is not as high as it once was.

Yeah, I mean...he actually had better numbers than I realized. 18, 7, and 4 on 50/38/86.

It’s just the severe injury and subsequent other injuries, he’s going on 30, and 30 MILL!!???

It's kind of the perfect landing spot for him.

He'll get to score a lot because they need offense. He likes that. Wouldn't be surprising if he becomes a 25 a night guy again.

That'll likely lead to some AS selections. He cares about that.

But it won't ultimately matter because nobody cares about Charlotte and odds are low they'll be a team of consequence, so he'll get to just do his thing and fly under the radar. Which he loves.

The best commentary I saw from a Jazz fan on Hayward was "Imagine being paid so much that you can buy unlimited loot boxes in your favorite game and play basketball in your spare time."

It's kind of the perfect landing spot for him.

He'll get to score a lot because they need offense. He likes that. Wouldn't be surprising if he becomes a 25 a night guy again.

That'll likely lead to some AS selections. He cares about that.

But it won't ultimately matter because nobody cares about Charlotte and odds are low they'll be a team of consequence, so he'll get to just do his thing and fly under the radar. Which he loves.

The best commentary I saw from a Jazz fan on Hayward was "Imagine being paid so much that you can buy unlimited loot boxes in your favorite game and play basketball in your spare time."

Yeah, I could see that. Lol at that description.

Feel like Charlotte might’ve finally drafted well though? Ball is a big time talent. I think Vernon Carey was a really nice pick where they got him. And that kid they picked at the end of the draft has big time scoring ability and could be a nice find.

They REALLY need to have hit on Ball and have him be a superstar though.

Did the NBA officially go to the 7/10 - 8/9 play in game format for the 2021 playoffs?

Just trying to determine if I will place the Clippers 9th or 11th in my current Western Conference power rankings.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom