NBA Thread 2020-21 Season | Page 40 | Syracusefan.com

NBA Thread 2020-21 Season

Yeah, I could see that. Lol at that description.

Feel like Charlotte might’ve finally drafted well though? Ball is a big time talent. I think Vernon Carey was a really nice pick where they got him. And that kid they picked at the end of the draft has big time scoring ability and could be a nice find.

They REALLY need to have hit on Ball and have him be a superstar though.
I forgot about this but when Hayward was an RFA Charlotte signed him to the contract that the Jazz matched, so there is some history there.

There's always a question of health, but compared to other contracts the Hornets have given out, I think Hayward's deal actually has a pretty solid chance of working out. When he plays he will produce. He does everything you hope for in a small forward and his game meshes extremely well with whatever other players he's on the court with.

It may be both a dumb move and for them, a really good one.

If we're talking worst contracts, is Klay Thompson up there now? He's got 4/160 left on his deal...

Oh good, the Bucks added a 3rd year to Connaughton’s contract and also are paying him more per year because...reasons?

Some Bucks fans are still praying a Bogdanovic deal is in the works and this is just about adding Pat to the trade as a double sign and trade. The simpler reason is that the Bucks are dumb and do amateur hour stuff like this every offseason.

Anybody know if Brissett is expected to be back with the Raptors? Seemed like that worked out pretty well for him last season, he spent a fair amount of time with big club and actually got minutes here and there.

Melo plays and stays injury-free he should be able to get up to 9th all time on the scoring list after this season. Another season or so (depending on how much he plays/score), he can get up to 8th.

That would put the only people ahead of him: Kareem, Karl Malone, Bron, Kobe, MJ, Dirk and Wilt.

He'd need a few more season to get up to the Wilt/Dirk.

I hope he gets a chip, but you score that many points in the NBA, that's first ballot HOF lock and quite the accomplished career.

Oh good, the Bucks added a 3rd year to Connaughton’s contract and also are paying him more per year because...reasons?

Some Bucks fans are still praying a Bogdanovic deal is in the works and this is just about adding Pat to the trade as a double sign and trade. The simpler reason is that the Bucks are dumb and do amateur hour stuff like this every offseason.

Is that because of the thing you were saying before, this way they can use the early Bird rights instead of the MLE? I

Is that because of the thing you were saying before, this way they can use the early Bird rights instead of the MLE? I
They should have been able to accomplish that simply by guaranteeing the 2nd year instead of it being an option. It’s really weird that they’d add a 3rd year and also increase the money (and increase it so much that we literally can’t fill out our roster). There has to be another shoe about to drop somewhere.

Melo plays and stays injury-free he should be able to get up to 9th all time on the scoring list after this season. Another season or so (depending on how much he plays/score), he can get up to 8th.

That would put the only people ahead of him: Kareem, Karl Malone, Bron, Kobe, MJ, Dirk and Wilt.

He'd need a few more season to get up to the Wilt/Dirk.

I hope he gets a chip, but you score that many points in the NBA, that's first ballot HOF lock and quite the accomplished career.
Eh, he's a 1st ballot HOF lock now considering the entire body of work as a basketball player. It's the basketball HOF not the NBA HOF.

Don't believe the losers and haters that say otherwise.

Eh, he's a 1st ballot HOF lock now considering the entire body of work as a basketball player. It's the basketball HOF not the NBA HOF.

Don't believe the losers and haters that say otherwise.

100% - not saying otherwise. He would be in if he retired right now, no doubt.

If we're talking worst contracts, is Klay Thompson up there now? He's got 4/160 left on his deal...
No one knew he was going to have two season ending knee injuries.

From article
"As a result, the Bucks (almost certainly) would have had to go back to his agent with hat in hand and request a different arrangement. That’s why a new arrangement for Connaughton was reported later this afternoon. This time they ended up paying twice as much money, to do a three-year deal worth $16 million.

Wait, it gets worse. Despite the error, the Bucks didn’t even need to do the second part. They could have signed Connaughton to the original with their midlevel exception. Yes, they had already agreed to a sign D.J. Augustin to a three-year, $21 million deal with their midlevel exception, but this was also unnecessary. "

Anybody know if Brissett is expected to be back with the Raptors? Seemed like that worked out pretty well for him last season, he spent a fair amount of time with big club and actually got minutes here and there.

My guess is he sticks around, but that is purely a hunch. Have not heard anything definitive on the Raptors board I am on.

Wall has 3 years.
Hayward has 4 years.

Wall contract better because it will expire first.
Yeah. 3 for 133 left...

Yeah, now that he's not carrying those ROY expectations anymore and can just be the solid, defensive bench guard he is, he's found his place in the NBA.

It's wild to me that Trey Burke from the same draft looked pretty washed but rallied and just got a 3 year deal yesterday.

Solid defensive bench guard worked very well for another Cuse alum Jason Hart

How bout choosing where you begin you career where u want. Not because of ping pong balls. U have to be a generational talent to pull it off though. Zion Ja AD Lebron Emoni Bates.

Zion has the knees of Sam Bowie.

Solid defensive bench guard worked very well for another Cuse alum Jason Hart
Very true, Hart stayed relevant and employed by taking care of himself physically and maximizing his talent on defense. He knew his role and how to be valuable to a team. He had a really strong year with the Clippers I remember.

I thought Thompson was a fairly good signing for the Celtrics as he is a good rebounder, and more importantly can defend fairly well in space which is needed for today's Centres. Would have liked him on the Raptors to replace Gasol.

I thought Thompson was a fairly good signing for the Celtrics as he is a good rebounder, and more importantly can defend fairly well in space which is needed for today's Centres. Would have liked him on the Raptors to replace Gasol.

Yup. I would’ve happily taken him to replace Howard.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom