NBA Thread 2020-21 Season | Page 182 | Syracusefan.com

NBA Thread 2020-21 Season

The officiating in this game is atrocious. I’m not sure if the NBA wants to finish this series quickly or ensure it goes seven.

And the Jazz don’t need the help, BTW.

Middleton's good. I think the Bucks bigger issue right now is what they're getting (and not getting) from the guard rotation.
Also, our best player is an idiot and Jrue Holiday has stopped being better than Eric Bledsoe.

Shaq said he’s not a star.
Post career Shaq has good moments and bad.

That was bad. He tries too hard sometimes. Webber filled that niche on Inside the NBA better.

Why is Terance Mann not playing? What am I missing?

Replacing Kennard’s minutes with fraud Pat Bev wasn’t the answer

Why is Terance Mann not playing? What am I missing?

Replacing Kennard’s minutes with fraud Pat Bev wasn’t the answer
You lost me with the additional line.

Donovan Mitchell: best player on the best team. Where’s his hype?
He was injured for a big chunk of the season. Got overlooked.

Actually probably did the Jazz a big favor that he was out, because he isn't likely to make All-NBA now, which is going to limit his contract some. Sucks for him, but makes the Jazz org not quite as strapped financially.

He was injured for a big chunk of the season. Got overlooked.

Actually probably did the Jazz a big favor that he was out, because he isn't likely to make All-NBA now, which is going to limit his contract some. Sucks for him, but makes the Jazz org not quite as strapped financially.
You don’t think he’s getting a max deal? If the Jazz won’t give him one, another team will.

You don’t think he’s getting a max deal? If the Jazz won’t give him one, another team will.
Maybe Donovan would like to come home and play for the Knicks?
They have the $, and he won't be overlooked playing in MSG.

I think he’s be eligible for more money if he made All-NBA but not sure

Thats not close to what he is saying. Take a few mins to look at how players become eligible for the super max.

Bucks fans hated Jason Kidd so much for banning Giannis from shooting 3's; god I wish Bud would do that now.

Bucks fans hated Jason Kidd so much for banning Giannis from shooting 3's; god I wish Bud would do that now.
My brain can't process how guys like Giannis and Russ can't figure out that they are flat out costing their teams multiple possessions per game by taking 3s. Most playoff games come down to 2-3 possessions and they are giving away 5+ every night just out of 3s they aren't going to make most nights.

Savage Department, Randy speaking...

1623416148053.png

For younger players they can qualify for a larger max deal in their bracket, if they make one of the 3 league all star teams. I believe its close to a 10% difference in contract. Its known as the Derrick Rose rule I believe.

Last edited:
They already did.
I think he’s be eligible for more money if he made All-NBA but not sure
The max deal allowable to players differs on experience. For younger players they can qualify for a larger max deal in their bracket, if they make one of the 3 league all star teams. I believe its close to a 10% difference in contract.
Yup, this.

My brain can't process how guys like Giannis and Russ can't figure out that they are flat out costing their teams multiple possessions per game by taking 3s. Most playoff games come down to 2-3 possessions and they are giving away 5+ every night just out of 3s they aren't going to make most nights.
Watching him try to defend his 3 pointers in the post-game presser last night was kinda hilarious. At one point he said something along the lines of it being similar to people being addicted to coffee.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom