NBA Thread 2021-22 Season | Page 11 | Syracusefan.com

NBA Thread 2021-22 Season

Unlike last year where the Raptors had the worst home court advantage in the league due to Covid 19 measures, this year they may have the best home court advantage due to Covid 19 measures. (as it stands now)

As was announced by NHL teams recently/yesterday certain players on US Teams who are unvaccinated will not be able to play in Canada this year (due to quarantine issues).

I can't see the NBA having any exceptions that would not be permitted to the NHL.

You won't be able to play in NYC either; I saw Sean Marks said a few of the Nets weren't vaccinated yet and wouldn't be able to play in games in NYC

I need to see it from Boston before I bump them up. I know they have a solid team. I need to see it before saying they are a very good team.

Yeah. Look. I hate the Celtics. So I'm with you.

I think the bull case for the Celtics is mainly centered around covid wrecking their season last year, especially Tatum.

You won't be able to play in NYC either; I saw Sean Marks said a few of the Nets weren't vaccinated yet and wouldn't be able to play in games in NYC

If this September 1 article is still up to date (that is a big if), then the Knicks/Nets would not get the same advantage. In fact they could get a double hit if they have unvaccinated players. Road unvax players would still be able to play in New York... only the hometown players would not be able to.

Per that article:
"These laws apply only to players on the Knicks, Nets and Warriors and not to members of visiting teams coming to play those clubs. The reason for that is the laws in both New York City and San Francisco have exemptions for out-of-town teams coming to those cities to play games. Those exemptions, however, do not exist for the home teams in those cities."

If this September 1 article is still up to date (that is a big if), then the Knicks/Nets would not get the same advantage. In fact they could get a double hit if they have unvaccinated players. Road unvax players would still be able to play in New York... only the hometown players would not be able to.

Per that article:
"These laws apply only to players on the Knicks, Nets and Warriors and not to members of visiting teams coming to play those clubs. The reason for that is the laws in both New York City and San Francisco have exemptions for out-of-town teams coming to those cities to play games. Those exemptions, however, do not exist for the home teams in those cities."

That's crazy, hand up on my part, didn't read the whole story, didn't know it didn't apply to both home and road

In all honesty, and I hate to admit this, I think Atlanta is going to slot in to the #3 seed behind the Nets and Bucks in the East with everything going on in Philly.
I know a healthy Hawks team is going to be improved but people can't sleep on Miami.

That's crazy, hand up on my part, didn't read the whole story, didn't know it didn't apply to both home and road
Doesn’t make much sense to allow outsiders but not your own.

Is anybody surprised by this?

I’m not, but he’s not going to be able to play in New York and FWIW it appears the same thing is going on with Wiggins In Golden State. I think it’s fair to assume that if they are willing to sit out over this then maybe they just don’t care about basketball all that much.

I’m not, but he’s not going to be able to play in New York and FWIW it appears the same thing is going on with Wiggins In Golden State. I think it’s fair to assume that if they are willing to sit out over this then maybe they just don’t care about basketball all that much.
A Duke guy and a Kansas guy. Again, I’m shocked. Shocked, I tell ya.

I think the NBA tiers are like this
A. Nets
B. Lakers, Bucks
C. Nuggets, Jazz, Suns
D. Heat, Hawks
E. Clippers, Warriors, Celtics, Mavs, Sixers
F. Knicks, Bulls, Hornets, Blazers, Raptors, Grizziles
H. the rest

Andrew Wiggins request for a religious exemption from the vaccine has been denied by the NBA.

He had got back on my good side this past summer when he played for Canada in their attempt to make the Olympics, and played well. This was after sitting out from Canada games for several years -- he was still pouting for not being involved at the end of a game I believe in 2015 or 2016.

If Denver offered Aaron Gordon and Will Barton for Ben Simmons.

Would philly take that?
Would Denver do that?

I think the NBA tiers are like this
A. Nets
B. Lakers, Bucks
C. Nuggets, Jazz, Suns
D. Heat, Hawks
E. Clippers, Warriors, Celtics, Mavs, Sixers
F. Knicks, Bulls, Hornets, Blazers, Raptors, Grizziles
H. the rest

I think the C,D,E tier is hard to evaluate. Teams like the Heat/Hawks could go either way.

The Heat could be very good in my view this year, but they have a very short window. Age will catch up to them, but will it be this year or next year.

If Denver offered Aaron Gordon and Will Barton for Ben Simmons.

Would philly take that?
Would Denver do that?

I don't think Morey will take that -- at least not now.

Morey wants a stupid package and I think he will sit on him for a while until he gets something at least closer to what he wanted. That may never happen and he may have to ultimately settle for something like you proposed.

Andrew Wiggins request for a religious exemption from the vaccine has been denied by the NBA.

He had got back on my good side this past summer when he played for Canada in their attempt to make the Olympics, and played well. This was after sitting out from Canada games for several years -- he was still pouting for not being involved at the end of a game I believe in 2015 or 2016.

A Duke guy and a Kansas guy. Again, I’m shocked. Shocked, I tell ya.
Meanwhile, in another borough …….