NBA Thread 2021-22 Season | Page 10 | Syracusefan.com

NBA Thread 2021-22 Season

we as NBA fans need a Ben Simmons for D Fox trade to happen.

Sac has too many smallish guards. Philly needs a smallish guard who can make it happen off the bounce.

Simmons can go balance out Sac’s roster and put up numbers while never having the chance to disappear in any important games.

Fox can go balance out Philly’s roster while finally getting the chance to be a DAWG in big games.

They both have Max contract(I think).

What’s the hold up? The NBA needs this.
I want to see a four-team trade between Philly, Sacto, Portland, and Houston. I don’t know who winds up where, but we all need this.

Looks like a soiled thumbprint. Second round exit for Wayoff P and the Kawhiians; trades shortly thereafter.
Hey, I thought Kawhi was going to Dallas. What happened?

Those box seats in the new $1.8B thumbprint stadium were too much to pass up during 'load management' windows. Besides, if he went to Dallas he'd no longer be able to wallow in the masochistic milieu of having 40+ dropped on him with high efficiency by the Slovenian Stallion.

(I choose to believe you know I'm poking fun here, and suspect you're one of the few on the board who is worthy of a snark war, rather than devolving into churlish sniping. I look forward to your riposte.)

Those box seats in the new $1.8B thumbprint stadium were too much to pass up during 'load management' windows. Besides, if he went to Dallas he'd no longer be able to wallow in the masochistic milieu of having 40+ dropped on him with high efficiency by the Slovenian Stallion.

(I choose to believe you know I'm poking fun here, and suspect you're one of the few on the board who is worthy of a snark war, rather than devolving into churlish sniping. I look forward to your riposte.)
Are we sure Kawhi even knows who Luka Doncic is? If you want masochism, just think of all the taxes he’s going to pay.

I mean, he must really want to be a Clipper.

ED5ADF39-B10E-47CC-B007-651999C0F61A.jpeg

Yep, seems that way. What team wants to deal with him? Teams put up with this when you are a top five or top ten player... Not when you are Ben Simmons.

Its a stealth sharp move; you tank your value, the team that trades for you doesn't give up as much, and the new team is in a better spot to compete

Its a stealth sharp move; you tank your value, the team that trades for you doesn't give up as much, and the new team is in a better spot to compete
I’m waiting for a team to just refuse to trade someone, and pay them to sit home for like the next 5 years. See who blinks first!

Getting paid a max salary to do nothing is cool...until it’s the last contract you ever get because you haven’t played competitively in half a decade.

It’s a joke. I support players having empowerment but not this Simmons crap.

You signed the contract.
Play or be fined more money than you make.

Players shouldn’t be able to pull a Vince Carter.

I don’t agree with how Simmons is handling it and wouldn’t personally approach it this way but I don’t think only Simmons is to blame. Morey and Philly trashed him all off-season through leaks to friendly media relationships and made it known they wanted to trade him. Simmons called their bluff and more or less said cool, if you don’t want me then I won’t show up. I think that’s funny and was inevitable for a player to eventually take that stance.

I think I saw DragonFlyJonez who said, and I agree, that Morey botched this whole thing by asking for too much and not getting a deal done and now it’s a mess.

According to rumours Gersson Rojas pulls off the modern day George Costanza.
Fired as president of the Wolves.

Last edited:
According to rumours Gersson Rojas pulls off the modern day George Costanza.
Fired as president of the Wolves.

A-Rod and co should move the team to Seattle.

I'm not sure if they aren't allowed to as part of the terms of the purchase, but that team has been a hot mess forever.

Now that we are about a month from the season I am ready to ignore all the reasons the Knicks will regress from last year and predict they will finish 3rd in the east!

In all honesty, and I hate to admit this, I think Atlanta is going to slot in to the #3 seed behind the Nets and Bucks in the East with everything going on in Philly.

In all honesty, and I hate to admit this, I think Atlanta is going to slot in to the #3 seed behind the Nets and Bucks in the East with everything going on in Philly.

If I was doing unbiased picks I would probably lean that way also.

That said Atlanta does also profile like a team that might underachieve a little, usually when a team jumps up so much in the standings one year there is a bit of a regression the next season (does that sound like any other team? hmm...) and they're so young and buzzy and everything it feels like everyone is going to jump them up a notch.

A lot of people seem to be talking Boston up now as well.

If I was doing unbiased picks I would probably lean that way also.

That said Atlanta does also profile like a team that might underachieve a little, usually when a team jumps up so much in the standings one year there is a bit of a regression the next season (does that sound like any other team? hmm...) and they're so young and buzzy and everything it feels like everyone is going to jump them up a notch.

A lot of people seem to be talking Boston up now as well.

I need to see it from Boston before I bump them up. I know they have a solid team. I need to see it before saying they are a very good team.

A-Rod and co should move the team to Seattle.

I'm not sure if they aren't allowed to as part of the terms of the purchase, but that team has been a hot mess forever.

The question is -- is it a fan/market issue or is it a management issue?

I don't really think it is a market issue although one can argue it is not the most desirable market for players independent of team success. (Seattle will be more attractive I suppose, but will not be top tier either). Seattle would also provide a significant additional revenue kick... at least initially. But that will come with a large investment.

Has bad management over the years stained the franchise so much that the brand/goodwill of the Timberwolves is such that a good management team is incapable of making it work. If so, then I can see the rationale for the move.

Last edited:
Unlike last year where the Raptors had the worst home court advantage in the league due to Covid 19 measures, this year they may have the best home court advantage due to Covid 19 measures. (as it stands now)

As was announced by NHL teams recently/yesterday certain players on US Teams who are unvaccinated will not be able to play in Canada this year (due to quarantine issues).

I can't see the NBA having any exceptions that would not be permitted to the NHL.

The reverse of Melo's move to the Knicks.