NBA Thread 2021-22 Season | Page 9 | Syracusefan.com

NBA Thread 2021-22 Season

If Ben can’t handle Philly - then he should be dying to go out to Sac and put up regular season numbers. The playoff issues are going to be there until he starts 1) shooting the ball 2)Making some of those shots 3) Making FTs.
Actually Sactown is a great landing spot for Simmons because his playoff issues wouldn't matter HEEEEEEYYYYOOOOOOOOOOOO

OKC does make sense, they could probably send SGA. The issue is Simmons stock has just fallen so far too know OKC has 10,000 draft picks would they throw in a first with SGA to get Simmons? is that even worth it. Morey isn't going to bit very easy either. I guess if I was OKC I would would probably stay with what I have, they won't be much for a few more years anyway

Is it a crazy take to say if I prefer SGA over Ben, straight up?

Ben does have a lot of strengths, and maybe I'm just focusing too much on the most recent stuff we saw, but it seems harder to me to build a very good team around Ben. You need to craft a specific roster. SGA is just really good and basically fits into any roster.

Is it a crazy take to say if I prefer SGA over Ben, straight up?

Ben does have a lot of strengths, and maybe I'm just focusing too much on the most recent stuff we saw, but it seems harder to me to build a very good team around Ben. You need to craft a specific roster. SGA is just really good and basically fits into any roster.
Was thinking the same thing. I'd rather have SGA.

The only Lakers remaining from last year’s roster are LBJ, Davis, and the new Kyle Kuzma. So when Lakers fans want to boast about what a great offseason they had, they might want to remember all the “great” signings they made last year, like Gasol, Matthews, and Harrell.

The only Lakers remaining from last year’s roster are LBJ, Davis, and the new Kyle Kuzma. So when Lakers fans want to boast about what a great offseason they had, they might want to remember all the “great” signings they made last year, like Gasol, Matthews, and Harrell.

When Kuzma was THT’s age, he was averaging 3.3 ppg in his first season at Utah.

When Kuzma was THT’s age, he was averaging 3.3 ppg in his first season at Utah.
If THT was playing for that other team in Utah, you would be saying, “Who?”

If THT was playing for that other team in Utah, you would be saying, “Who?”
But he isn’t playing for Utah. And Horton-Tucker, from what I saw last season, is no Kuzma. The kid’s a stud, yuge ‘nads, able to create on his own with an uncanny ability to get to the rim, be the primary ballhandler & play strong D. He’s what Dion could’ve been.

It’s a good time to be a Clippers fan. When I woke up today, #GoClippers was trending on Twitter. Put on a happy face.

Uhh... wait, what? The same Dion that averaged 13 points a game over +400 games in an 8 year NBA career?

I think the development of his jumper will determine where he falls on the scale between “potential superstar” and “Lance Stephenson”.

He’s physically impressive and can do a lot of things. Gotta be able to shoot. He’s so young though.

But he isn’t playing for Utah. And Horton-Tucker, from what I saw last season, is no Kuzma. The kid’s a stud, yuge ‘nads, able to create on his own with an uncanny ability to get to the rim, be the primary ballhandler & play strong D. He’s what Dion could’ve been.

It’s a good time to be a Clippers fan. When I woke up today, #GoClippers was trending on Twitter. Put on a happy face.

If tht is so special, why did his minutes plummet during the playoffs? Lakers fans are overrating him, just like they did with Kuzma. Some of you on this board used to hype up Kuzma as some stud. We all know how that turned out.

Find a Clippers joke from this decade, at least.

If tht is so special, why did his minutes plummet during the playoffs? Lakers fans are overrating him, just like they did with Kuzma. Some of you on this board used to hype up Kuzma as some stud. We all know how that turned out.

Find a Clippers joke from this decade, at least.
He’s young. Wasnt ready yet.

This Laker team would have been the best team in NBA history in 2012.

So…Not much of a stud then?
He’s 20. He’s not LeBron.

Lots of studs don’t pop until they’ve been in the league for a few years and get at least close to being able to rent a car.

Uhh... wait, what? The same Dion that averaged 13 points a game over +400 games in an 8 year NBA career?

My bad. Ill communication.

Meant to say, He’s what Dion could’ve been with the Lakers last season.

Thought of Dion — one of my favorite Syracuse players ever, pulled hard for him as a pro — every time Horton-Tucker fearlessly attacked the basket. Thought how a Dion in better shape with a better head coulda been filling that role.

Thrilled with what I’m seeing about Dion. Would love to see him get another shot in The Association, if that’s what he wants.

He’s 20. He’s not LeBron.

Lots of studs don’t pop until they’ve been in the league for a few years and get at least close to being able to rent a car.
Fireball said he’s a stud. As in now. Today. If you’re going to fight his battles for him, the least you could do is defend his position.

If you want to argue that he isn’t ready yet and time will tell, you’ll get no disagreements out of me. But plenty of Lakers fans and media alike are already acting like he’s an all-star. You know, like they did with Kuzma.

All in good fun, though.

Fireball said he’s a stud. As in now. Today. If you’re going to fight his battles for him, the least you could do is defend his position.

If you want to argue that he isn’t ready yet and time will tell, you’ll get no disagreements out of me. But plenty of Lakers fans and media alike are already acting like he’s an all-star. You know, like they did with Kuzma.

All in good fun, though.
Ha, not trying to fight anyone’s battles or speak for anyone else - just chiming in with my THT opinions.

If we didn’t trade for Russ, I was thinking “semi-breakout” was a possibility this season - like a 15,4, and 4 or something type year with improving %s, and becoming a solid secondary playmaker to LeBron.

Will have to see what his role is - with Bron and Russ, he might not consistently get the chances yet.

However, his young legs will be badly needed, and if Bron or Russ are out for a bit, I could see him having stretches of being a stud next year.

we as NBA fans need a Ben Simmons for D Fox trade to happen.

Sac has too many smallish guards. Philly needs a smallish guard who can make it happen off the bounce.

Simmons can go balance out Sac’s roster and put up numbers while never having the chance to disappear in any important games.

Fox can go balance out Philly’s roster while finally getting the chance to be a DAWG in big games.

They both have Max contract(I think).

What’s the hold up? The NBA needs this.

This highlight package is insane

Lol.

So back in 98-99 we had directtv. My dad and his brothers had a “chip guy”. Some shady character who knew how to program the chip that you put in your directtv so that you could get all the NBA games...for free.

I vividly remember watching the Kings early in that rookie season with my dad and and we were both just giggling and laughing every time he did something. We were like “who is this guy??!! what the hell??!’” This was pre-social media and the internet wasn’t the same, so things didn’t spread as fast. His buzz built throughout that year...moreso through old school ESPN highlights and the like. We were on him so early though. What a time.

This highlight package is insane

I remember him coming down on a semi-break ready to pull up for a 3, and he did a hesitation dribble to set it up, but he like...did some kind of Deion Sanders type high step on his hesi. It was so ridiculous and entertaining. I think he hit the 3, but can’t remember for sure. Definitely remember how wildly entertaining his move to set it up was.

Guy dialed it down big time after a couple years even though he’d still make the occasional fancy play. Those first two years, and especially his floppy hair year(s) were something else.