NBA Thread 2021-22 Season | Page 115 | Syracusefan.com

NBA Thread 2021-22 Season

Right just crazy to me he shot 43% on 3's and 43% on 2's. A 6-10 top 3 pick shooting 43% on 2's? I dont wanna read too much into that, but it kinda seems like a bit of a red flag
Think I read or heard somewhere that his 2pt% would be the worst of any big taken in the top 5 possibly ever.

He attempted 176 mid range 2's which he shot 36% on.

Banchero only shot 36% outside the paint himself. At least Jabari was 42% from 3.

Holmgren shot 48% from midrange.
Was also 60% at the rim for Jabari and 82% for Chet. If people weren't freaked out about Chet being so bizarre looking, it wouldn't really even be a question about who goes 1.

Yeah I enjoyed the shtick, but like...the Harden takes aren’t based in reality,
does Beverly realize what slander means ? So he’s complaining that people won’t say erroneous / false things about cp in order to put him down ..

Was also 60% at the rim for Jabari and 82% for Chet. If people weren't freaked out about Chet being so bizarre looking, it wouldn't really even be a question about who goes 1.
I agree. And I really don't see Chet as just a "normal" center.

I disagree. It really just boils down to what teams are looking for. Paolo's upside is that he can potentially be the guy you build your offense around. Defense might be an adventure for him but we'll see. I'd love to say Jabari will develop his handle ala Paul George and turn into a go-to scorer, but he's got a ways to go there. But in the very least, he's a guy that can play the 3 or 4 and credibly switch onto most players and hold his own. And on the offensive end, provide spacing and at least some shot creation ability. Chet projects as a great rim protector on defense and a good supporting piece offensively, be it spotting up, sitting in the dunker spot, or making passes in the short roll; undoubtedly a valuable player. But it's entirely possible he gets played off the floor come playoff time; I think he fared much worse on switches than the numbers indicate, and that was against relatively unathletic guards compared to what he'll be facing in the NBA. And there's obviously the concern about matchups with physically stronger guys like Embiid, Jokic, Giannis, etc. (though those guys are obviously a problem for pretty much everyone). I think he may have more in his bag offensively than he really got to show at Gonzaga, but it'll require more of a leap of faith than Paolo would on that end.

I really wish there were a great wing or guard prospect in this draft, but Jabari is the only one of the three that you can really envision playing on the wings if you squint hard enough.

I don't think any of these guys are slam dunks at #1 but I like all three of them a pretty good amount (and I like Ivey and the theoretical player that Sharpe is too).

I'm just glad the Knicks don't have a Top 5 pick. Not sure the top pick will be better than the 11th this year.

I'm just glad the Knicks don't have a Top 5 pick. Not sure the top pick will be better than the 11th this year.
I'm sure some player or players outside of the top 10 will end up outplaying top 5 guys, but I'd still much rather start out with essentially my pick of the litter any year and this one is no exception. Could always trade down and have more assets if you feel the prospects at 11 are just as good. I think there's a decent drop off after the top 5 this year and then it's all jumbled up from there on out.

I really wish there were a great wing or guard prospect in this draft, but Jabari is the only one of the three that you can really envision playing on the wings if you squint hard enough.

I don't think any of these guys are slam dunks at #1 but I like all three of them a pretty good amount (and I like Ivey and the theoretical player that Sharpe is too).

It's wild how there are no wings at the top. Right now I'm hoping Matuhrin falls to the Knicks at 11.

I'm a sucker for the Chet profile; the ability to defend the rim and shoot the 3 is so rare.

Also, re: bets on the #1 pick. John Hammond is the GM in Orlando. Everyone always thinks of him and going for the freakishly built guys. But the thing I always remember about him (since he was the Bucks GM for a long time), is that when he finally got a chance to draft at the top of the draft, he went with Jabari Parker, and from all indications, he was #1 on their big board that year. He’s generally swung for the fences when they were picking in spots where the talent had already fallen off but I don’t think that’s necessarily indicative of who he’ll value now that he’s at the top again. I would not be surprised at all if Paolo ends up being their pick as they search for someone they can build the offense around (and I also just think with what Franz showed as a rookie, having your two forwards be your initiators of the offense would be a really fun and potentially really effective dynamic)

About as awful of a game 1 you could have if your Dallas. Not sure if its a hangover from the last series or the pace was too much.
They were the opposite of game 7 against Phx early on. Missed way too many good looks. That won't keep happening. I think GS wins in 5, but Dallas will get hot in a couple of games.

the further this series goes on , the more inexplicable suns game 7 will seem.

Warriors played solid defense and the Mavs defense was chasing and sending 2 at steph all night and everybody else on the Warriors got easy looks. Draymond and Wiggins were great on defense

Dallas with that 5 out line up just seems so hot and cold. Really good one game and the bad the next.

we
Warriors played solid defense and the Mavs defense was chasing and sending 2 at steph all night and everybody else on the Warriors got easy looks. Draymond and Wiggins were great on defense

Dallas with that 5 out line up just seems so hot and cold. Really good one game and the bad the next.
that’s the offense Silas brought to Houston. Basically a boom or bust situation

we

that’s the offense Silas brought to Houston. Basically a boom or bust situation

It really is. When it's working it's really tough to beat like game 7 of Mavs/ Suns. Luka and or Brunson gets whatever he wants and the wings are knocking down 3's. When it's not it's extremely ugly and disjointed as it just looks like guys just chucking it up from anywhere with no other options to try and work the ball inside for some easier shots. The Mavs have no real interior guys that you can feed in the post from time to time, like you said it's 100% boom or bust but seems the way the many teams are electing to play

Last edited:
I think Dallas has a shot, but Golden State isn't going to fall into the trap of playing slow like Phoenix did and they did a good job making Luka have to play defense on the perimeter.

The Warriors won in January 130-92. Dallas won the other 3 games. Golden State was not at full strength for any of those games. Klay miss 3 and Draymond missed 3.

Good catch and yikes maybe it's time to think about reading glasses soon.

I think Dallas has a shot, but Golden State isn't going to fall into the trap of playing slow like Phoenix did and they did a good job making Luka have to play defense on the perimeter.

Plus not sure Luka is 100 pct with that shoulder. His handle seemed to take a big brunt of the impact/pain.

Steph looks locked in.. as do they all but that was a professional beating they gave last night. When they play that well, Luka needs to be superman out there.

Wiggins won’t replicate that start, Mavs have still a chance. They just had a six game and seven game series.

Mavs missed so many open threes early, hopefully they can get some to drop.

Powell can’t be the starting center next year and Kleber has to find a way to stay on the court.

Not sure who wins both series, but not counting either Dallas or Boston out at all.