NBA Thread 2021-22 Season | Page 126 | Syracusefan.com

NBA Thread 2021-22 Season

For the first time in my life, I was pulling for the Celts. But, the good news: hoops Sunday night, baby!

My original though was how could this be reviewed (after Spoelstra wasted the challenge earlier) but it appears to be the right procedure.

I don't think it was arbitrary per se. It is something they look at without a coaches challenge. That being said what the NBA has determined can be reviewed and / not reviewed does seem odd at times.
It’s dumb. Why is that the one thing that the refs can review?

Why is Udonis Haslem still on a roster?
He's actually very specifically tasked to help develop the other players.

They essentially have chosen to use a roster spot on a player-coach.

It's different but it works for them. I think it's cool. Rare matchup of an organization with a philosophy and a player that's 100% aligned with it.

Why is Udonis Haslem still on a roster?

From what I understand he took some haircuts on a contract(s) in the Lebron Heat era, and at the time the Heat said they would take care of him later which they are still doing. He is 42 years old -- at some point you figure it has to end -- even if he adds value as a player coach / mentor of sorts.

It's different but it works for them. I think it's cool. Rare matchup of an organization with a philosophy and a player that's 100% aligned with it.
Why not just make him a highly paid coach (as opposed to an overpaid player)?

Similar to how Jared Dudley ended his playing career — supposedly great locker room guy, mentor, coach and occasional player.

Plus, Udonis is a Miami legend. Grew up in Miami, went to college at Florida and he has three rings with the Heat. He doesn’t see much court-time these days, 18 games, roughly 80 minutes, the last three years.

He’d be well rested if the Heat get to the Finals and Spoelstra wants to fug with Draymond or lay out Steph in the middle of one of his shimmies. :)

Last edited:
Mike Breen out tonight due to Covid protocol. I wonder who gets the assignment.

Who knows how valid this is but saw a thing on Twitter saying there are rumors of the NBA exploring expansion teams in Las Vegas and Seattle. Could be part of whenever they do a new media and broadcast deal.

Would be cool to bring back the Supersonics.

Who’s his comparison? Donovan Mitchell?
He gets compared to Morant a ton but Morant was a way more consistently good passer in college. Ivey has flashes of incredible passing but it’s not the norm for him.

I do tend to think he should be considered on the same tier as the main three guys though, especially taking positional value into consideration.

Tonight, Tatum can erase all doubt regarding his status as a superstar
Jimmy Fallon Reaction GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

Did the announcer just say that Udoka is coaching in his first Game 7 as HC of the Celtics?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom