NBA Thread 2021-22 Season | Page 159 | Syracusefan.com

NBA Thread 2021-22 Season

Really curious to see how this plays out. The two LA teams need him to opt in for his relatively cheap player option to facilitate a trade, while the Knicks could theoretically make some moves to sign him outright (or a sign-and-trade).

I tend to think he'll be back in Brooklyn next season but you never know with the NBA.

My read on this (with Kyrie, really who ever knows) is that he's not happy with the extension offers he's getting from the Nets and is trying to get some leverage to make them up their offer

Franchise player talent, but falls woefully short in franchise player reliability and seems to increasingly be more of a distraction every year.

Complete wild card gamble getting him on your team at this point.

It’s unfortunate. He should be the second best guard in the league.

Franchise player talent, but falls woefully short in franchise player reliability and seems to increasingly be more of a distraction every year.

Yeah, given what it would cost to get him on the Clippers, I don’t think the juice is worth the squeeze. They can win it all with the current roster.

Not sure I’d agree with second best guard, but I do think he’d be up there. But to your larger point:

My read on this (with Kyrie, really who ever knows) is that he's not happy with the extension offers he's getting from the Nets and is trying to get some leverage to make them up their offer

A few thoughts (and I agree with you)

- for someone that is constantly injured adding in the vax thing (which I don’t mean any commentary politically, but dude felt the need to stand by his choice vs playing, which, hey, your life), that has to be frustrating to the team.

- add in the reported on concessions the org did for KD, Harden and Kyrie for their extracurriculars

- add in the commentary about being part coach and helping run the org…

I think the Nets probably want to bait him into demanding to leave so they can build around KD and the solid supporting cast they have and get some decent return. And manage the narrative.

These attempted super teams that just concede *everything* to the stars don’t work out.

Riley had Spo’s back and Wade had to keep Bron in check in the first year or so on the “let’s stay in x city and party” vs heading back with the team

Lacob, Meyers, Kerr bend but don’t break, plus they have one of the two best superstar teammates on their roster with Steph (the other being Timmy).

The Lakers won a chip, but they basically should their soul to do so. I love Bron, but now it’s a mish mash of decision makers and Russ in purgatory and Davis who can’t handle any media scrutiny.

I would actually think the best landing spot that is already rumored is back with LeBron and AD. But I’m not sure how that would work. I’ve heard rumors that Bron may bounce next year so I’m not sure if they want to do that.

If I were a superstar that was fine being a #2, I’d be looking at the Mavs or Bucks. But not sure how anything like that could possibly work.

A few thoughts (and I agree with you)

- for someone that is constantly injured adding in the vax thing (which I don’t mean any commentary politically, but dude felt the need to stand by his choice vs playing, which, hey, your life), that has to be frustrating to the team.

- add in the reported on concessions the org did for KD, Harden and Kyrie for their extracurriculars

- add in the commentary about being part coach and helping run the org…

I think the Nets probably want to bait him into demanding to leave so they can build around KD and the solid supporting cast they have and get some decent return. And manage the narrative.

These attempted super teams that just concede *everything* to the stars don’t work out.

Riley had Spo’s back and Wade had to keep Bron in check in the first year or so on the “let’s stay in x city and party” vs heading back with the team

Lacob, Meyers, Kerr bend but don’t break, plus they have one of the two best superstar teammates on their roster with Steph (the other being Timmy).

The Lakers won a chip, but they basically should their soul to do so. I love Bron, but now it’s a mish mash of decision makers and Russ in purgatory and Davis who can’t handle any media scrutiny.

I would actually think the best landing spot that is already rumored is back with LeBron and AD. But I’m not sure how that would work. I’ve heard rumors that Bron may bounce next year so I’m not sure if they want to do that.

If I were a superstar that was fine being a #2, I’d be looking at the Mavs or Bucks. But not sure how anything like that could possibly work.
Kyrie would take away from Luka's game. Cuban's smarter than that.

As is almost always my answer, see if you can fleece the Kings.

Major odds movement for the draft. Paolo odds have swung big time.

Top free agents...
Beal declined his $36M player option and will be an unrestricted free agent.

LaVine likely to sign max deal back with Bulls.

Harden has a player option. Sounds like he might return to Sixers on a shorter deal.

Ayton is a RFA. Suns seem willing to let him go via sign and trade (with a team that extends an offer sheet).

Kylie has his player option. Rumors have been swirling with what he'll do and/or end up.

Bridges is a RFA. Hornets are trying to clear more money to offer him a bigger deal than they did last year.

Brunson has steadily improved. Jumped into the starting lineup mid-season and all the way through the playoffs. Mavs will try to keep him, but I'd guess other teams will pay more for his services.

And where does our beloved Melo play next season?

Top free agents...
Beal declined his $36M player option and will be an unrestricted free agent.

LaVine likely to sign max deal back with Bulls.

Harden has a player option. Sounds like he might return to Sixers on a shorter deal.

Ayton is a RFA. Suns seem willing to let him go via sign and trade (with a team that extends an offer sheet).

Kylie has his player option. Rumors have been swirling with what he'll do and/or end up.

Bridges is a RFA. Hornets are trying to clear more money to offer him a bigger deal than they did last year.

Brunson has steadily improved. Jumped into the starting lineup mid-season and all the way through the playoffs. Mavs will try to keep him, but I'd guess other teams will pay more for his services.

And where does our beloved Melo play next season?

Sounds like Beal, LaVine, and Harden in the very least will be staying with their current teams.

Ayton could be on the move, but there's been some recent reporting that they might try to move off some of their other salaries to be able to more easily afford him.

Seems like Brooklyn or New York for Kyrie.

I just can't fathom that Charlotte will actually let Bridges go; seems like too much of a no-brainer to keep him regardless of the cost.

Seems like a lot of teams will be pursuing Brunson.

Funny you bring this up. A buddy of mine claims that Kyrie is as good as Steph and if you traded them there would be no difference in the teams. I told him he was suffering from a brain injury.

Funny you bring this up. A buddy of mine claims that Kyrie is as good as Steph and if you traded them there would be no difference in the teams. I told him he was suffering from a brain injury.
Well if he'd play 70+ games per year, be more of a distributor, completely open up the court for all of his teammates and keep his mouth shut then he theoretically could get close.

Sounds like Beal, LaVine, and Harden in the very least will be staying with their current teams.

Ayton could be on the move, but there's been some recent reporting that they might try to move off some of their other salaries to be able to more easily afford him.

I just can't fathom that Charlotte will actually let Bridges go; seems like too much of a no-brainer to keep him regardless of the cost.

Of the top 3 available guys, I could see Beal on the move.. although, he could just sign that supermax with the Wiz.

Of the top 3 available guys, I could see Beal on the move.. although, he could just sign that supermax with the Wiz.
There's absolutely no reason for him to leave now. He can lock in his money and ask for a trade in 6 months if he wants. Think that's more the protocol these days.

There's absolutely no reason for him to leave now. He can lock in his money and ask for a trade in 6 months if he wants. Think that's more the protocol these days.
Money talks.. no doubt.

100% think this will be the case.

BTW, Beal has never been on a team that got to 50 wins. He's about to get like $240M.

Steph played with KD. They won back to back titles and the only loss was when KD and Klay went down.

KD played with Kyrie and it was/is a train wreck.

One is the greatest shooter of all time, the other made a movie about a character he created called Uncle Drew.

I'm curious to see if Washington will actually give him the supermax. Seems like they probably will, but he's really nowhere near that caliber of player.

I think he may just want to stay in Washington long-term anyways; he loves the city, just rebuilt the park down the street from me, loves being THE guy and the sway he has with the front office. I'm not really convinced he wants to go be second or third fiddle elsewhere, even if he's paid like a #1 guy in the process.

Steph played with KD. They won back to back titles and the only loss was when KD and Klay went down.

One is the greatest shooter of all time, the other made a movie about a character he created called Uncle Drew.
You watch Uncle Drew though? Fun movie. Way more entertaining than it should have been.

I'm curious to see if Washington will actually give him the supermax. Seems like they probably will, but he's really nowhere near that caliber of player.

I think he may just want to stay in Washington long-term anyways; he loves the city, just rebuilt the park down the street from me, loves being THE guy and the sway he has with the front office. I'm not really convinced he wants to go be second or third fiddle elsewhere, even if he's paid like a #1 guy in the process.
Thinking about Beal, the Wizards, and a supermax got me thinking about John Wall and his last 4 year deal with the Wiz...

WAS 19-20: $38.2M (0)
HOU 20-21: $41.2M (40)
HOU 21-22: $44.3M (0)
HOU 22-23: $47.3M (?)

(games played) - he missed about half of the 2 previous seasons leading up to that contract as well

Sounds like Houston will try to trade Wall again.. and if that doesn't happen... work out a buyout.

We have had this conversation. If Kyrie just stayed healthy tho! He hit the shot over Steph in Game 7 and outplayed him that entire series. I should mention he's a Lebron stan!

Thinking about Beal, the Wizards, and a supermax got me thinking about John Wall and his last 4 year deal with the Wiz...

WAS 19-20: $38.2M (0)
HOU 20-21: $41.2M (40)
HOU 21-22: $44.3M (0)
HOU 22-23: $47.3M (?)

(games played) - he missed about half of the 2 previous seasons leading up to that contract as well

Sounds like Houston will try to trade Wall again.. and if that doesn't happen... work out a buyout.
I will be very surprised if they find a trade they're happy with. A buyout seems likely and I kinda wonder if Washington tries to bring him home. I think a lot of teams should be interested assuming he'll come cheap after the buyout.

So funny to see them get it out there they are trying to "clear cap space" for Bridges. They don't need any! They're just cheap!!

Not sure how true this is, but the story out there about Atkinson reneging on them is because they didnt want to fire their asst coaches (and pay 2 sets of coaches). cheap!

So funny to see them get it out there they are trying to "clear cap space" for Bridges. They don't need any! They're just cheap!!

Not sure how true this is, but the story out there about Atkinson reneging on them is because they didnt want to fire their asst coaches (and pay 2 sets of coaches). cheap!
Jordan doesnt have NBA owner dollars.