NBA Thread 2021-22 Season | Page 42 | Syracusefan.com

NBA Thread 2021-22 Season

Giannis is expected to return to the lineup today, and Donte DiVincenzo is expected to play for the first time in what feels like a year.

I concur.
FACT: Stan Van Gundy and Day2 have never been seen in the same room together.

Think Which One GIF

A little more clarity in terms of what happened to the Raptors. The NBA actually appears to have properly followed their procedure.

Apparently the NBA has two tests under the new "hardship" signing rules which allows teams to sign temporary players that are not considered "roster players"

Games will be played if the following 2 conditions are met
1) Being able to dress at least 5 roster players.
2) Being able to dress at least 8 total players (roster + temp). Under the "hardship" signing rule no team really has an excuse not to meet this threshold assuming they pass test 1.

When the Raptors left for Chicago they had 5 roster players (11 were out). So the game was appropriately not cancelled When OG Anunoby was found with Covid it moved the Raptors down to 4 available roster players and the game was then cancelled.

So the NBA did follow proper procedures and it wasn't some haphazard decision. But teams can certainly get decimated pretty bad before the league cancels games.

Going back to the Chicago example at that time there was no "hardship" exemptions in place, so they could not get to 8 total players even if they had met the 5 roster player minimum.

What I read a few days was incorrect. There is no "5 roster player" rule. Just 8 players. But they had covid issues on the trip to Chicago with 2 roster players and at least 1 replacement player at the time so they could not field 8 once they arrived.

The Raptors are playing tonight in Cleveland with 4 roster players + 4 G-League guys, and not surprisingly getting their butts kicked down by 34 in the 3rd.

Here are the 4 roster players they have
Delano Banton
Svi Myhakluik
Chris Boucher
Yuta Watanabe

The top 6 players on the team are out. Was surprised the Cavs were only -8.5 at home since they have no replacement players on the floor and are playing with Markannen, Love, Garland, and Rubio.

Two games today ended with a 144-99 score .. I bet that’s never happened
Fake news. One was 144-99 and the other was 144-109. But maybe the 144 has never happened twice in the same night. Lots of offense in the NBA this year.

Fake news. One was 144-99 and the other was 144-109. But maybe the 144 has never happened twice in the same night. Lots of offense in the NBA this year.
I saw this on the espn ticker last night and was confused because 100% on their website espn had both games listed as 144-99

Remember when Lakers fans were giddy over “stealing” Rondo away from the Clippers?

Remember when Lakers fans were giddy over “stealing” Rondo away from the Clippers?
I will always think Rajon for his enormous contributions to the 2020 championship.

Cavs need a guard BAD with Sexton and now Rubio out.

Weird how much crap harden used to get yet single-handedly would get his team to 50+ wins a year and deep into the playoffs… Lebron is playing his ass off right and yet lakers are under 500

It’s not so easy

Happy for Derozan - he was always a very loyal soldier and rep for Toronto and continues to speak well of it today (except for about a 12 month period after being traded).

He always struggled in the playoff grind and with playoff defence, but would love to see him put some of those demons to rest with Chicago this year,