NBA Thread 2021-22 Season | Page 44 | Syracusefan.com

NBA Thread 2021-22 Season

The best I ever heard Ja Morant described is the person said it's like seeing a phenom that doesn't actually understand what the limits are in their sport so they just keep trying more and more ludicrous things until they find something that isn't possible, but they never actually do.
I was so excited to see him against the Wizards earlier this year. Took the visiting in-laws with us too and told them these two teams are pretty mediocre, but we at least get to see one of the most exciting guys in the NBA. Naturally Ja played like absolute crap and basically checked out mentally the 2nd half; didn't even really handle the ball the rest of the game. Washington won by like 40 points and we left at the beginning of the 4th quarter. So bummed we happened to catch him at his worst.

Wow. Just wow.

The McDonald's thing is pretty funny. I actually knew he loved the Golden Arches. When I was younger my family participated as actors one year in The Hill Cumorah Pageant. We got word one day that Bradley and his family were going to be in the audience. We got to meet him after and he went to the wrap up notes meeting/devotional and he and his wife said a few words of congratulations and thanks to the cast (it was a different woman then from his current wife that is mentioned in the article). Anyway, before the show you kind of walk around the grounds in your costume and meet the audience and stuff. Bradley was in a special roped off section as a VIP, and I knew another kid that was a huge BYU fan and was really excited to catch a picture of Bradley. Anyway, a little before the show I see this kid and he's just beaming and I asked him if he got to take a picture with him. He said no, but he was sure he got a great picture of him with a big smile on his face because he just so happened to spot him and get his camera out right before an assistant brought him a big bag of McDonald's.

Everything I've heard about Shawn Bradley is that he's a stand up guy. He was a punchline in the NBA a little bit, which is unfortunate.

Wow. Just wow.

The McDonald's thing is pretty funny. I actually knew he loved the Golden Arches. When I was younger my family participated as actors one year in The Hill Cumorah Pageant. We got word one day that Bradley and his family were going to be in the audience. We got to meet him after and he went to the wrap up notes meeting/devotional and he and his wife said a few words of congratulations and thanks to the cast (it was a different woman then from his current wife that is mentioned in the article). Anyway, before the show you kind of walk around the grounds in your costume and meet the audience and stuff. Bradley was in a special roped off section as a VIP, and I knew another kid that was a huge BYU fan and was really excited to catch a picture of Bradley. Anyway, a little before the show I see this kid and he's just beaming and I asked him if he got to take a picture with him. He said no, but he was sure he got a great picture of him with a big smile on his face because he just so happened to spot him and get his camera out right before an assistant brought him a big bag of McDonald's.

Everything I've heard about Shawn Bradley is that he's a stand up guy. He was a punchline in the NBA a little bit, which is unfortunate.
Horrific what happened to him. Hate that the driver won’t admit to what she did.

Was bummed to read about his estrangement from his ex and kids.

Cleveland getting 5 points vs the Jazz tonight and Utah has 9 guys out including their four centers (Gobert, Whiteside, Azibuke, Pelle) plus Gay, Hughes, Butler, Fitts and House. I guess Paschall can go up against Mobley and Markkinen all by himself.

Cleveland getting 5 points vs the Jazz tonight and Utah has 9 guys out including their four centers (Gobert, Whiteside, Azibuke, Pelle) plus Gay, Hughes, Butler, Fitts and House. I guess Paschall can go up against Mobley and Markkinen all by himself.

And the Cavs have almost no guards. Interesting matchup.

They have Sexson starting with 4 forwards. And off the bench the only guard they have played is Brandon Godwin (who is a 10 day contract guy).

They have s e xson starting with 4 forwards. And off the bench the only guard they have played is Brandon Godwin (who is a 10 day contract guy).
Cleveland’s lineup is like none other in the league. It’s really incredible. And it’s working.

They have s e xson starting with 4 forwards. And off the bench the only guard they have played is Brandon Godwin (who is a 10 day contract guy).
Goodwin has played a little but Garland is now the only guard starting and unfortunately for the Jazz has a triple double.

Goodwin has played a little but Garland is now the only guard starting and unfortunately for the Jazz has a triple double.

I mixed up Garland with Sexson.

Thanks for posting the odds. I read your thread at halftime and they were still giving Cleveland only -1.5 at the half despite their lead. Once it got up to 20, I cashed out my bet (they basically gave me about 98% of the amount), and then bet the cashed out amount again at -13.5.

So I did well with the game.

I mixed up Garland with s e xson.

Thanks for posting the odds. I read your thread at halftime and they were still giving Cleveland only -1.5 at the half despite their lead. Once it got up to 20, I cashed out my bet (they basically gave me about 98% of the amount), and then bet the cashed out amount again at -13.5.

So I did well with the game.
Good for you. I went with Caerser's super boost of Cavs, Bulls and Lakers all winning for +750. I figured the Cavs would win and the Bulls and Lakers were at home but that didn't end like I hoped.

Looks like a trade with the Hawks and the Knicks are trading Kevin Knox and receiving Cam Reddish in return. Plus draft picks are being traded.

The love that everyone has had for Reddish dating back to high school will always mystify me, but maybe this will finally be the time he's a good player. Hope it works out for the Knicks but seems like they may have just set a 1st round pick on fire for the right to overpay a bad player.

The love that everyone has had for Reddish dating back to high school will always mystify me, but maybe this will finally be the time he's a good player. Hope it works out for the Knicks but seems like they may have just set a 1st round pick on fire for the right to overpay a bad player.

I like it. He has had some moments. Didn't give up a lot, imo.

Now we just need Zion.

You can’t convince me otherwise the Knicks acquired Reddish to make a push for Zion in 2 years.
Reddish/Barrett/Zion at Duke.

Im Not Schitts Creek GIF by CBC

Yup, get Zion, have Donovan Mitchell manifest destiny himself to New York, and boom, Knicks really have something special.

Yep, I don't care how high risk Zion is. If I'm the Knicks, I'm working to get him. He's a beast when healthy.

I'm sure the Knicks would like to get Zion, but his market will need to crater far more than it has so far for them to have a real chance assuming the plan is to keep RJ and Reddish. A package centered around Obi Toppin/Quickley and Randle's contract is nowhere near what it will take IMO.

Sorry but I don't get this Cam Reddish trade at all. Even though the Knicks didn't give up much of anything to get him. The guy has been a disappointment at Duke and for the Hawks. But mostly because he plays the same position as Barrett and isn't as good. So where does he he get major PT? He's not a SG. He's a 3. So is Barrett who doesn't handle or shoot well enough to play 36 minutes at SG. Maybe they are getting ready to trade Fournier to open minutes at SG? The Knicks need a major upgrade at PG to drastically improve the team. Not another 2/3 wing. Grimes is a player. Very good defender. Good shooter. Needs to play more not less. Likely to play less now with Reddish. The truth is revealed with minutes and Thibs will make the right decisions once he sees what's what. I hope.