NBA Thread 2021-22 Season | Page 56 | Syracusefan.com

NBA Thread 2021-22 Season

DJ Khaled is annoying. They should’ve just gave the whole thing to Luda. Everybody else was trash.
All I do is win is basically all I ever associate with him.

The Luda was awesome and I always enjoy some weezy to be honest. He was great from like 07-09.

Some serious throwbacks this week.

Downtown Cleveland probably bumping. I live in NE OH and would be cool to be there.

I posted this on another thread, but these clowns are going to get the dunk contest cancelled again.
Good. It hasn't been good in 20 years. There is no dunk that can be done that hasn't been done already.

Good. It hasn't been good in 20 years. There is no dunk that can be done that hasn't been done already.

The Lavine-Gordon dunk contest from 2016 was one of the best dunk contests of all time.

The championship round was amazing. There was no misses and unique dunks. Watching it just now again -- amazing especially that second dunk by Gordon. I still don't understand how Gordon got a 47 on that 4th dunk.

Last edited:
The Lavine-Gordon dunk contest from 2016 was one of the best dunk contests of all time.

The championship round was amazing. There was no misses and unique dunks. Watching it just now again -- amazing especially that second dunk by Gordon. I still don't understand how Gordon got a 47 on that 4th dunk.

Gordon got robbed

Anyone remember on Jordan vs. Bird you had to recreate old dunks.

At this point they should turn the slam dunk contest into bracket of competitors spinning a wheel of iconic dunks and both guys have to do that dunk the better impression wins and moves on.

4 guys. 2 rounds.
They get 45 seconds to recreate the dunk.

Judges just determine who was better each round.

Last night was pure garbage and don’t end with the dunk contest anymore. End with 3 point shootout.

I liked the rookie competition changes.

That could work for the allstar game.

4 captains draft 6 players so 7 per team.
2 games to 50 and then championship to 25.

It would be better and get some semblance of competitive basketball.

The entire event sucked, other than the 3 point contest - which is impossible to mess up.

The skills contest was boring, the game show was stupid, DJ Khaled sucks, the dunk contest was horrific. The All Star game will likely be the worst part.

The entire event sucked, other than the 3 point contest - which is impossible to mess up.

The skills contest was boring, the game show was stupid, DJ Khaled sucks, the dunk contest was horrific. The All Star game will likely be the worst part.
They do mess it up though with the stupid “dew ball” that’s worth 3 pts .. so it’s lucky if you make 2 of those but make 5 fewer shots overall .. at most you should just have 1 money ball per rak ..

Anyone remember on Jordan vs. Bird you had to recreate old dunks.

At this point they should turn the slam dunk contest into bracket of competitors spinning a wheel of iconic dunks and both guys have to do that dunk the better impression wins and moves on.

4 guys. 2 rounds.
They get 45 seconds to recreate the dunk.

Judges just determine who was better each round.

Last night was pure garbage and don’t end with the dunk contest anymore. End with 3 point shootout.

I liked the rookie competition changes.

That could work for the allstar game.

4 captains draft 6 players so 7 per team.
2 games to 50 and then championship to 25.

It would be better and get some semblance of competitive basketball.
They did the wheel in 2002. It did not work well.

I would give guys 40 seconds and 3 dunks in the first round… and only keep the scores of your 2 best dunks. Some years it will hit, others it will not.

Other things they could try is mix in some head to head dunk matchups throughout the all star night and just have the final at the end.

As for the all star game need to go back to east vs west for me. The draft is interesting for an hour but makes the game harder to follow. But make it mini Elam games. And make it a best 2 Out of 3. Obviously it could end up 3-0 and that last game is boring but so be it.

But I don’t watch much ASG anyway. So they can do whatever they want!

Any one over drafting Bronny to get LeBron should be fired.
I’m really curious how he’ll be talked about as a prospect. He’s a borderline top 30 recruit right now isn’t he? So if that’s accurate he wouldn’t really be a sure thing for the NBA.