NBA Thread 2021-22 Season | Page 55 | Syracusefan.com

NBA Thread 2021-22 Season

Question:

Have $60 on various future bets on Evan Mobley to win ROY. (ranging from +333 to +700) He was not one of the favourites early on. His current odds are -375.

$60 bet, potential winnings of $333
They will pay me $245 to go away.

Should I take the $245?

Is there any real risk anybody catches him?

Question:

Have $60 on various future bets on Evan Mobley to win ROY. (ranging from +333 to +700) He was not one of the favourites early on. His current odds are -375.

Should I take the $245?

I don’t think Barnes and Cade are totally out of it if they pick it up/Mobley hits a wall but in all likelihood, it would probably require an injury to change the race at this point. I might just cash out if it were me but that’s because I like the free money.

Celtics getting hot right as ASB hits.

I think Brooklyn is going to have a hard time getting into the top 6.

Unless Durant is back right after ASB.

Crazy story. If true, that's pretty bad if JH was involved, obviously.

Separately, is Moses Malone the most overlooked all time player, ever? I feel like people never mention how dominant he was with other greats.
Yeah, Moses has to be right outside the top 10 - if he’s being properly rated. His numbers and accomplishments are top tier.

Also, I would’ve loved to see prime Moses beat the brakes off Harden in a fight.

Celtics getting hot right as ASB hits.

I think Brooklyn is going to have a hard time getting into the top 6.

Unless Durant is back right after ASB.

I think Brooklyn also has to worry about falling to #9 as much as moving up to #6.

At #7/#8, they will get two chances to win one game to continue, which they will.
At #9/#10, they have to win 2 "win or go home" games, which is certainly not an envious position no matter how good you are.

Brooklyn could be in flux for another handful of games... that will leave them with 20 games to catchup to Boston who is 3 games ahead now and Toronto who is 1.5 games ahead. Boston and Toronto are trending hot, at a combined 17-3 their last 20 games combined. I think it is very unlikely that Brooklyn catch both of them... certainly one, but not both.

The most likely scenario for Brooklyn to me is #7/#8. And that is a really bad scneario for whomever is seeded #1 or #2 in the East.

If Brooklyn runs into some new injury issues however for a few weeks then #9 becomes a concern. I think its possible one of Atlanta and Charlotte could have a good sretch to end the season.

Question:

Should I take the $245?

Take it. I feel like Giddey might get him if the Cavs dip at all. Certainly Mobley's still the favorite though

Take it. I feel like Giddey might get him if the Cavs dip at all. Certainly Mobley's still the favorite though

Odds are up to -425 today instead of -350, so they are paying me a little bit more to walk away.
I decided to do a partial cash out of $75, so at least I covered my initial investment with a small profit.

I don't think the odds are going to change much over the next 10 days during the All Star Break so I will have to rethink it.

If Cleveland slips / Mobley injured he could certainly get caught by a Cade, Giddey, Wagner, Barnes. I think -425 is a little high for him right now.

Leaning towards partially cashing out and leaving $100 on the table.

Odds are up to -425 today instead of -350, so they are paying me a little bit more to walk away.
I decided to do a partial cash out of $75, so at least I covered my initial investment with a small profit.

I don't think the odds are going to change much over the next 10 days during the All Star Break so I will have to rethink it.

If Cleveland slips / Mobley injured he could certainly get caught by a Cade, Giddey, Wagner, Barnes. I think -425 is a little high for him right now.

Leaning towards partially cashing out and leaving $100 on the table.
I think Mobley is going to benefit a lot from turning the Cavs around. He's not the only reason, but he's associated with winning. Not many rookies can make that claim.

Question:

Should I take the $245?

Risking $185 to make and additional $88.

Chicago keeps plugging away and is now back at #1 in the East. They haven't been fully healthy for quite a while now either. Bulls will get Ball, Caruso, and Williams back in March. Zach should be back in a couple more days. They could use another big and will be adding Tristian Thompson after he clears waivers. DeRozan has been playing some MVP level ball all year. There were so many 'experts' that said he was the worst free agent signing of the offseason. Ayo was my steal of the draft and has really made a name for himself in his rookie year.

Last edited:
Risking $185 to make and additional $88.

Good perspective and easy way to look at it. I was looking at it from the inverse.

In fact I am actually risking $245 to make an additional $88, since I would lose my initial investment as well.

Jazz played like crap in the 4th quarter. AD went down bad and Jazz had a nice 14 point until LBJ had to remind everyone he is one of the greatest ever to play the game.
Lakers’ defense had something to do with the Jazz playing like crap. LeBron helped with his 23rd straight 25-plus-point game, Russ continued his strong play since being sent to timeout recently, but the key was Hillbilly Kobe putting LA on his back.

Got a draft of the 75 anniversary team on TNT. 8 teams made up of various personalities/players.

I love this commerical.

I have never been more excited for a video game to come out in my life, than that one. Finally a legit 5 on 5 basketball game? By EA Sports, who already made the best football and hockey games of all time? As a hoops junkie I was beyond pumped.

I have never been more excited for a video game to come out in my life, than that one. Finally a legit 5 on 5 basketball game? By EA Sports, who already made the best football and hockey games of all time? As a hoops junkie I was beyond pumped.
That was a good one to have around at the dorms. The Voldemort-licensed college version was also great, even if EA confused Moten with Lloyd.

That was a good one to have around at the dorms. The Voldemort-licensed college version was also great, even if EA confused Moten with Lloyd.
My dorm years were when the EA Sports college game with Melo on the cover was out.

I knew our team so well, that I legit never lost a game to anybody. GMac, Warrick, Pace, Edelin….I knew exactly what they all could do and I could score pretty much every possesion, lol.

In real life Nellie Would have pulled up a chair .. grabbed a controller, lit a spliff… and joined in
Warriors were supposed to be a dark horse contender that year after winning 50 without Hardaway the year before.

Hardaway, Sprewell, Mullin, Owens, and Webber. Then Webber forced his way out because he didn’t want to play center.

He was very good in Washington, but his career wouldn’t truly get back on track towards becoming one of the best players in the league until he went back out west. Would’ve loved to see that Warriors team together in the late 90s. Would’ve been way ahead of their time in terms of “small ball” and having a PF and C who could play on the perimeter and handle the ball.