NBA Thread 2021-22 Season | Page 81 | Syracusefan.com

NBA Thread 2021-22 Season

Good lord was that a game

Kyrie is for sure amazing when he's going, but he also really doesn't like to pass in those situations. Kind of a problem since he is on the same team as KD. Not trying to kill the guy but he totally overdribbled on their last possession. I guess you can add overdribbling to the list of things Kyrie isn't immune to. (i know, i know)

Didn’t hit -4.5 but don’t care. Good to set the tone at home. Both teams are gonna be pissed coming into game 2

I think Milwaukee loses tonight and regroups for the rest of the series pretty quickly. We shall see.

I think Milwaukee loses tonight and regroups for the rest of the series pretty quickly. We shall see.

It's already started so it feels cheap to say this, but I don't think they're going to lose tonight. Or probably any other game this series

It's already started so it feels cheap to say this, but I don't think they're going to lose tonight. Or probably any other game this series
They don’t seem to be sleepwalking like I expected today lol

I fall more on this side. Ingram is good. Randle was awesome last year, but that was way out of character for him (sadly. Tell me about it!) If he was that guy on a regular basis now you're talking. Russell also strikes me as more of a good stats not sure he is actually good kinda guy. (maybe if they win a playoff series that view starts to change though)
Randle’s great 2021 notwithstanding, I think would be a better player in a different role.

He’s a pretty talented guy, but Kobe/Carmelo ISO perimeter scorer is a stretch for him.

I thought I took Milwaukee -10 tonight but when I double checked I actually bet the under 229.5. I like Chicago but they don't really impress me compared to all the other playoff teams. The one bet I made tonight that could be iffy is the Pels +10.5. I think Phoenix struggles a little bit scoring tonight but should still win.

Some home cooking calls down the stretch.

Greek Freek over the back.. not called... instead called on Williams for boxing him out.

And one for Lopez.. that should've been called a charge... not a block.

Some home cooking calls down the stretch.

Greek Freek over the back.. not called... instead called on Williams for boxing him out.

And one for Lopez.. that should've been called a charge... not a block.

The over the back was egregious. On Lopez that is 50 50 for me. Chicago had open look after open look they missed. Only can blame themselves really.

The over the back was egregious. On Lopez that is 50 50 for me. Chicago had open look after open look they missed. Only can blame themselves really.
Agreed. Bulls had their chances. But that over the back... smh.

I don’t think the over the back was wrong. Giannis just jumped up for the rebound and Williams backed under his legs.

I don’t think the over the back was wrong. Giannis just jumped up for the rebound and Williams backed under his legs.

Not sure about that. Need to see it again as it didn't look like he was undercutting as much it did Giannis draped over.

Not sure about that. Need to see it again as it didn't look like he was undercutting as much it did Giannis draped over.
Williams moved back like a good 5 feet even after the play was blown dead. Really probably one of those plays that just shouldn’t be called/is let go most of the time but he was clearly trying to back under Giannis. He did have good position initially though.

Williams moved back like a good 5 feet even after the play was blown dead. Really probably one of those plays that just shouldn’t be called/is let go most of the time but he was clearly trying to back under Giannis. He did have good position initially though.

I'll give you points for conceding a little as a completely neutral Bucks fan ;).

Definitely a closer call than expected. I don't see the rest of the series being that close.

I don’t understand the rule. You have to stop boxing out once a guy jumps? He jumped by putting both hands on Williams’ neck/shoulder and pushing down. Seems like an easy over there back call but NBA refs are terrible and they aren’t gonna call Giannis for his sixth there.

I don’t understand the rule. You have to stop boxing out once a guy jumps? He jumped by putting both hands on Williams’ neck/shoulder and pushing down. Seems like an easy over there back call but NBA refs are terrible and they aren’t gonna call Giannis for his sixth there.
Pretty much, yeah lol. If a guy jumps straight up and you back under him, the foul is on you. Foul calls on rebounds are really weird in general. You can draw a foul by pretending to get shoved pretty much any time. If Williams dives forward instead of backing up, it’s pretty much a guarantee Giannis would have fouled out.