NBA Thread 2021-22 Season | Page 15 | Syracusefan.com

NBA Thread 2021-22 Season

I almost thought the vertical leap had to be a misprint.

I copied parts of a post from Real GM which showed his rankings relative to last year's combine, and notes things beyond his really unusual wingspan.

"These are by far the worst combine numbers I've seen for a lotto wing.

Weight: His weight is low for a 6'9" listed player. You want a healthy 220 lb there. This is Brandon Ingram college level weight.

Hangs: His hand length puts him 60th out of 65 players based on last year's combine. So that is bottom 8 percentile. His hand width puts him 63rd out of 65th. He is tied for 5th narrowest in the last 5 years. This dude's hand is small. All the small hand p layers are small PG sized players, not 6'9" wing players.

Vertical: his running vert is 62nd out of 65 based on last year's combine. His standing vert is 63rd. Keep in mind that the people down here are centers/PF .

Agility: Memphis' 3/4 court and lane agility are both incorrectly set up. He slower than the slowest player form last year, so this is likely wrong. His reaction shuttle puts him 18th out of 65th if you believe the agility numbers out of Memphis.

I copied parts of a post from Real GM which showed his rankings relative to last year's combine, and notes things beyond his really unusual wingspan.

"These are by far the worst combine numbers I've seen for a lotto wing.

Weight: His weight is low for a 6'9" listed player. You want a healthy 220 lb there. This is Brandon Ingram college level weight.

Hangs: His hand length puts him 60th out of 65 players based on last year's combine. So that is bottom 8 percentile. His hand width puts him 63rd out of 65th. He is tied for 5th narrowest in the last 5 years. This dude's hand is small. All the small hand p layers are small PG sized players, not 6'9" wing players.

Vertical: his running vert is 62nd out of 65 based on last year's combine. His standing vert is 63rd. Keep in mind that the people down here are centers/PF .

Agility: Memphis' 3/4 court and lane agility are both incorrectly set up. He slower than the slowest player form last year, so this is likely wrong. His reaction shuttle puts him 18th out of 65th if you believe the agility numbers out of Memphis.
Yeah, like, he doesn't look very athletic on film, but these numbers are so bad I kinda wonder if Memphis inexplicably doesn't know how to measure these things. The hand size is on par with Max Abmas, who is 5'10".

Weren't scouts actually on hand to do this? And wouldn't Penny know from his NBA background. Anyway the entire thing is weird.

Personally I think Holmgren is the better prospect anyway.

That has to be the least impressive measurements ever for someone that's considered a potential #1 overall pick.
Kevin Durant had some detractors for his strength, or lack of. Great example of when you trust your eye for talent.

Kevin Durant had some detractors for his strength, or lack of. Great example of when you trust your eye for talent.
Lack of strength, sure, that's fine. Lack of everything though? Idk, I try not to read too much into combine measurements with basketball players but this is legitimately concerning. He's 6'9" and his hands are so small he'd have a hard time palming a marble.

Lack of strength, sure, that's fine. Lack of everything though? Idk, I try not to read too much into combine measurements with basketball players but this is legitimately concerning. He's 6'9" and his hands are so small he'd have a hard time palming a marble.
teen-titans-baby-hands-robin-1015317.jpg

Will be interesting to see what happens with Kyrie and Nike. Kyrie’s shoes typically sell very well, but Kyrie already called his next shoe “trash”(lol, of course he did) as he was upset that he wasn’t consulted on the design.

Gonna be hard to sell a shoe that the player already called trash, when he’s only playing away games.

Will be interesting to see what happens with Kyrie and Nike. Kyrie’s shoes typically sell very well, but Kyrie already called his next shoe “trash”(lol, of course he did) as he was upset that he wasn’t consulted on the design.

Gonna be hard to sell a shoe that the player already called trash, when he’s only playing away games.
My son and I have both had pairs of his shoes. Never again

Kyrie has gone from one of my favorite players to a toxic teammate.

Kyrie has gone from one of my favorite players to a toxic teammate.

Nets have conceded so much to get KD and Kyrie (and then Harden). Those guys are basically calling a ton of shots behind the scenes and have a lot of extracurriculars covered by the Nets that's not normal.

Problem with conceding that much to the get stars is that if any of them goes rogue, like Kyrie, your hands are tied a bit. I wonder if KD and Harden have signed off on being able to trade him (and I mean that seriously), so they can even get 50 cents on the dollar for him.

Nets have conceded so much to get KD and Kyrie (and then Harden). Those guys are basically calling a ton of shots behind the scenes and have a lot of extracurriculars covered by the Nets that's not normal.

Problem with conceding that much to the get stars is that if any of them goes rogue, like Kyrie, your hands are tied a bit. I wonder if KD and Harden have signed off on being able to trade him (and I mean that seriously), so they can even get 50 cents on the dollar for him.

You haven't seen KD and Harden publicly call Kyrie out yet. I'm entertaining the possibility he has let those 2 know he will get the shot but just wants to make an issue of it and put it off for as long as possible.

Kyrie is a bozo and has been for years. Do whatever you want but just stop drawing absurd attention to yourself. The flat earth nonsense, burning sage pregame, the vaccine stuff. Not to mention, the injuries that keep him away for key games. Dude is just straight weird.

Kyle Lowry filling the stat sheet in preseason

56 minutes
22 Assists
8 steals
12 Rebounds

Also seems to have a lot of chemistry with Bam Adebayo.

I think the Heat will be better than expected this year... but their window is certainly short.