NBA Thread 2022-23 Season | Syracusefan.com

NBA Thread 2022-23 Season

Really curious to see how this turns out. I do not foresee any scenario where the Nets flip Kyrie for Westbrook and picks. LA will need to find a 3rd team willing to take Westbrook while simultaneously still giving the Nets some assets to make the move worth their while. Going to be a tough needle to thread IMO.

Really curious to see how this turns out. I do not foresee any scenario where the Nets flip Kyrie for Westbrook and picks. LA will need to find a 3rd team willing to take Westbrook while simultaneously still giving the Nets some assets to make the move worth their while. Going to be a tough needle to thread IMO.
Nothing grinds my gears more than the media and other teams trying to help the Lakers. Let them burn.

Or Kyrie can just turn down his 36 million dollar player option and sign with the Lakers for 6 mil.

Or Kyrie can just turn down his 36 million dollar player option and sign with the Lakers for 6 mil.

Yep. Hit up that Taxpayer MLE if he really wants to be there... Then he can re-sign in 2023.

The Kyrie stuff is just absolutely wild.

Nothing grinds my gears more than the media and other teams trying to help the Lakers. Let them burn.

I can't believe anyone would go crazy for Kyrie.

If I were the Nets, I'd start seeing if I could get Butler and Herro and picks for KD from the Heat.

Also, just to be clear, I'm fine if the Knicks mortgage the future to get KD.

I don't care, I want to root for a superstar. If we can't get him, I absolutely do not want Jalen Brunson, I want to trade Randle, Rose, etc - basically any older player, and tank as hard as possible for Vic and if not him, Scoot.

That's it.

Also, here are my favorite teams to watch going into next year that are non-Knicks (not faves to win a chip):

Mavs: Love watching Luka. That's it.

Detroit: Excited for Cade + Ivey. Know it's a long shot, but if Buddy makes it, obviously will be rooting for him. Just a fun, young team. Troy + Murph being part of the org also helps.

Clips: Kawhi and Luka are my two favorite non-Knicks, want him to stay healthy and I actually like the roster they have.

OKC: Shai and Giddey w/ Chet will be fun to watch. Love me some Lu Dort as well.

Indiana: Tyrese Haliburton + Mathurin, should be fun league pass team.

Shout out to CLE and HOU, just young teams that I'll watch a bit when on because of the young talent.

Yep. Hit up that Taxpayer MLE if he really wants to be there... Then he can re-sign in 2023.

The Kyrie stuff is just absolutely wild.

Even in that scenario, I think they only have partial bird rights, so I don't know what kind of a deal they could get him on, I think around the league average salary? What a completely insane story this is.

Btw, Houston controls (either outright of via swap) the nets next five (5) first round picks.

Even in that scenario, I think they only have partial bird rights, so I don't know what kind of a deal they could get him on, I think around the league average salary? What a completely insane story this is.

Btw, Houston controls (either outright of via swap) the nets next five (5) first round picks.

I keep forgetting that... Houston is in a good spot. Just need to find a suitor for Wall.

The thing you can't rule out is that Kyrie is completely insane.

He very well could leave a lot of money on the table. Because he's just that dude.

Ya, I don't like calling anyone insane, but I absolutely think he is the person that would do it just for the year to get where he wants to go.

Ya, I don't like calling anyone insane, but I absolutely think he is the person that would do it just for the year to get where he wants to go.
I hear you, but Kyrie has accumulated enough of a body of evidence.

I hear you, but Kyrie has accumulated enough of a body of evidence.
I think he will give Lebron one good season as long as he avoids injury. He’s been his best when he played with him and I’m far from a Kyrie or Lebron stan. AD is the guy I’d worry about if I’m a Laker fan.

Also, just to be clear, I'm fine if the Knicks mortgage the future to get KD.

I don't care, I want to root for a superstar. If we can't get him, I absolutely do not want Jalen Brunson, I want to trade Randle, Rose, etc - basically any older player, and tank as hard as possible for Vic and if not him, Scoot.

That's it.

I know Randle had an extremely disappointing season, but can we really call him old when he’s 27? Or maybe I misread your post.

I know Randle had an extremely disappointing season, but can we really call him old when he’s 27? Or maybe I misread your post.

Fair point. I still want to trade him.

I think he will give Lebron one good season as long as he avoids injury. He’s been his best when he played with him and I’m far from a Kyrie or Lebron stan. AD is the guy I’d worry about if I’m a Laker fan.

Anthony "Street Clothes" Davis, you mean?

I've had him on my fantasy NBA team multiple years and the number of games that he has to head to the locker room during the game because of getting dinged up is insane.

(Pasted in 2021/2022 thread, moving it here)

If Brooklyn approaches New Orleans and inquires about Zion (and cap filler like Temple + Nance) for Kevin Durant, should New Orleans immediately hang up?

I'm not the biggest Zion fan due to his health and early lost of athleticism concerns so I would think about it, but probably don't pull the trigger.

But Zion's best 3 years in his career could very well not match what Durant does the next 3. And New Orleans still would have plenty of futures on that team (picks+youth)

If Brooklyn approaches New Orleans and inquires about Zion (and cap filler like Temple + Nance) for Kevin Durant, should New Orleans immediately hang up?

I'm not the biggest Zion fan due to his health and early lost of athleticism concerns so I would think about it, but probably don't pull the trigger.

But Zion's best 3 years in his career could very well not match what Durant does the next 3. And New Orleans still would have plenty of futures on that team (picks+youth)
If I'm NO I 100% make that trade.

I think you can go either way with it, but one thing that is sort of underreported on is just how much KD et al demanded in accommodations behind the scenes in Bklyn.

Is NO going to be willing to do THAT?

Also, are you going to blow up the timeline you have, especially just drafting Dyson Daniels, to make KD the center of the universe?

I think the Knicks have to go hard after KD because they have no other hope outside of maybe getting a Donovan Mitchell down the line or throwing money at Jalen Brunson. But I'm not sure if NO is that competitive in the west with KD and is on a really good track, as is.

I think you can go either way with it, but one thing that is sort of underreported on is just how much KD et al demanded in accommodations behind the scenes in Bklyn.

Is NO going to be willing to do THAT?

Also, are you going to blow up the timeline you have, especially just drafting Dyson Daniels, to make KD the center of the universe?

I think the Knicks have to go hard after KD because they have no other hope outside of maybe getting a Donovan Mitchell down the line or throwing money at Jalen Brunson. But I'm not sure if NO is that competitive in the west with KD and is on a really good track, as is.

I don't know about that. Obviously it depends on what is going the other way, but, it's KD! you send them back a package anchored by Zion and I don't see why they aren't a contender. KD and Ingram as your top 2? Seems reasonable enough. McCollum is solid.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Marz44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom