NBA Thread 2022-23 Season | Page 128 | Syracusefan.com

NBA Thread 2022-23 Season

The Kings need to let Harrison Barnes walk after this season. As well as trading Huerter. I'm not joking, I think he's shot 15% this series
They’re a young team. No shame in losing in 7 to the Warriors. They are ascending. Actually thought Sabonis getting pushed around by Looney after the first couple games was the main problem.

They’re a young team. No shame in losing in 7 to the Warriors. They are ascending. Actually thought Sabonis getting pushed around by Looney after the first couple games was the main problem.
Yeah, the Kings finally have a squad. They absolutely look to improve this off-season, but I wouldn't mess with it too much.

The Kings need to let Harrison Barnes walk after this season. As well as trading Huerter. I'm not joking, I think he's shot 15% this series
Let Barnes walk but you keep Huerter. Tough series but he’s a legit shooter.

I wouldn’t say it’s a need but I think they’re a team like Memphis or Atlanta a couple years ago that can easily fall into the trap of thinking they’re just an off-season of development away from being a true contender when in reality, they’re probably still multiple tiers below it. They should definitely be looking into consolidating for a star on the wing or someone that has that sort of potential. High end: if someone like PG13 or Middleton are available. Lower end: I’d have to think on it some more.

I wouldn’t say it’s a need but I think they’re a team like Memphis or Atlanta a couple years ago that can easily fall into the trap of thinking they’re just an off-season of development away from being a true contender when in reality, they’re probably still multiple tiers below it. They should definitely be looking into consolidating for a star on the wing or someone that has that sort of potential. High end: if someone like PG13 or Middleton are available. Lower end: I’d have to think on it some more.
Replacing Barnes with Middleton would be interesting, but at what cost??

Replacing Barnes with Middleton would be interesting, but at what cost??
Idk. I know a decent amount of Bucks fans just want to rebuild right now and would probably add value if Sacramento were willing to give up Huerter and or Keegan. I’m not in that boat personally; I think Milwaukee should and likely will keep him. Jrue is probably the one I’d look to move if I were the Bucks and wanted to move one of the stars.

Idk. I know a decent amount of Bucks fans just want to rebuild right now and would probably add value if Sacramento were willing to give up Huerter and or Keegan. I’m not in that boat personally; I think Milwaukee should and likely will keep him. Jrue is probably the one I’d look to move if I were the Bucks and wanted to move one of the stars.
Kings definitely don’t trade Keegan

Kings definitely don’t trade Keegan
Probably not, at least not for Middleton. But they should consider it for better players than Mids IMO. I don’t expect them to do it, but I don’t personally view him as all that special of a prospect and they need him to hit bigger than he likely will to be a real contender IMO.

Anthony Davis was an absolute maniac defensively and in the paint in game 6. That was possibly the most enjoying and satisfying stress free NBA game I’ve ever watched. I just laughed the whole game.

D. Russell really came though in the series. Hope it continues so they keep him and don’t bring in Kyrie.

Bron, Steph, Jokic, KD, Embiid, Tatum, Jimmy Buckets, and the Knicks as a team.

I know I’m leaving out some dudes.

The NBA must be popping champagne for these second round matchups.

As others have mentioned, Bron/Steph is going to draw HUGE.

Bron, Steph, Jokic, KD, Embiid, Tatum, Jimmy Buckets, and the Knicks as a team.

I know I’m leaving out some dudes.

The NBA must be popping champagne for these second round matchups.

As others have mentioned, Bron/Steph is going to draw HUGE.
Thoughts on curry today?

The GOAT is wholly subjective, but this is not: Pound for pound, inch for inch, Steph Curry is the greatest basketball player of all time. Freaking amazing.

Today? Ridiculous. He should be part of the avengers. He’s the greatest shooter of all time.

I think there’s an argument to be made that he’s a top three most valuable and influential player of all time.

Not talking best.

He’s a video game player that came to life.
What does he have to do to get considered in top 10 all time best? How many more championships will it take?

The GOAT is wholly subjective, but this is not: Pound for pound, inch for inch, Steph Curry is the greatest basketball player of all time. Freaking amazing.
Offensive, I concur.

Today? Ridiculous. He should be part of the avengers. He’s the greatest shooter of all time.

I think there’s an argument to be made that he’s a top three most valuable and influential player of all time.

Not talking best.

He’s a video game player that came to life.
And he was “only 7-18” from deep. He made some incredible buckets in the paint. He’s a great finisher at the rim but people somehow just think he bombs from 35’.

What does he have to do to get considered in top 10 all time best? How many more championships will it take?

It’s tough because I never saw Wilt, Russell, West, Oscar, etc.

But if you have MJ, Kareem, Bron, Magic, Larry…

I have Duncan.

But I think you can make an argument that Steph belongs in the argument with Kobe and Shaq.

I don’t think it’s a slam dunk, but I do think there is a viable argument.

And he was “only 7-18” from deep. He made some incredible buckets in the paint. He’s a great finisher at the rim but people somehow just think he bombs from 35’.
His shooting makes people play him tight, and he makes them pay by blowing by them. His finishes at the rim and floaters are nuts. He makes it look easy….but it’s obviously not.

It’s tough because I never saw Wilt, Russell, West, Oscar, etc.

But if you have MJ, Kareem, Bron, Magic, Larry…

I have Duncan.

But I think you can make an argument that Steph belongs in the argument with Kobe and Shaq.

I don’t think it’s a slam dunk, but I do think there is a viable argument.
It’s really hard to compare players across eras. Especially when the eras are separated by decades.

But if you’re talking best players of his era? It’s LeBron, Curry, and Durant. And LeBron is a weird one because I think he already had a solid decade in the league before Curry popped, so he’s basically the best player/second best player in 2 different eras.

Pretty soon a “top 10” is going to be impossible. Like a top 10 in 2000 or so, when the Internet and 24/7 sports talk TV channels first made these discussions a thing people even talked about, was one thing. The league was 4 decades old.

But now we’re 2 more decades in. I think a lot of us who were around back then probably have about 20-25 “top 10 level” players now, because of our perspectives. We don’t want to bump the old guys out, but we want to make room for the new guys. And really…how the hell do you compare Wilt to Curry? Just for an example. How do you even form an argument as to who is better? Like….you really can’t.

And this is where I have to give Bill Simmons some credit. His book and it’s focus on “tiers” rather the rigid numbered rankings was on the money in that regard.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whodatnatn

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom