NBA Thread 2022-23 Season | Page 129 | Syracusefan.com

NBA Thread 2022-23 Season

That game by Curry really was nuts. There’s no “big 3” or anything anymore.

Klay and Green aren’t the players they were a few years ago. Curry has been insane this year, and that he just did that in a game 7….smh. He’s something else.

Klay and Green aren’t the players they were a few years ago. Curry has been insane this year, and that he just did that in a game 7….smh. He’s something else.

Yeah.

I’m not sure if there is anything more deflating then being a fan rooting for a team playing him, see him get a sliver of light and just launch… he hits it… and it’s like he did the Thanos snap.

Yeah.

I’m not sure if there is anything more deflating then being a fan rooting for a team playing him, see him get a sliver of light and just launch… he hits it… and it’s like he did the Thanos snap.
Well….my Lakers are playing him in the playoffs for the first time, so this will be the first time I’ve ever strongly rooted against him in games that matter.

I imagine the “oh crap he’s open, get out there!!!” followed by Steph blowing by the closing out defender, and then “protect the rim, swat him!”, followed by that pullup floater will also lead to some severe frustration freakouts.

Should be fun!

I hope Klay and Wiggins crap the bed, and Draymond gets suspended.

Well….my Lakers are playing him in the playoffs for the first time, so this will be the first time I’ve ever strongly rooted against him in games that matter.

I imagine the “oh crap he’s open, get out there!!!” followed by Steph blowing by the closing out defender, and then “protect the rim, swat him!”, followed by that pullup floater will also lead to some severe frustration freakouts.

Should be fun!

I think I’m actually rooting for the Lakers in that series. I cannot root for a team with Draymond now in these playoffs.

I think I’m actually rooting for the Lakers in that series. I cannot root for a team with Draymond now in these playoffs.
His spazzy, dirty crap and AD’s penchant for getting hurt does not give me the warm and fuzzies.

NBA teams don’t even have scrub 12th man goons anymore. There’s nobody on the team I can even root for to come off the bench and slump him.

His spazzy, dirty crap and AD’s penchant for getting hurt does not give me the warm and fuzzies.

NBA teams don’t even have scrub 12th man goons anymore. There’s nobody on the team I can even root for to come off the bench and slump him.
AD better sack up. Looney is legit on the boards.

AD better sack up. Looney is legit on the boards.
I’m a fan of Looney. He plays his role very well.

I don’t say this lightly because AD was insane in 2020 - the game winning 3 against the Nuggets was the highlight, but his defense and rebounding and paint presence was nuts those playoffs. That was the same level of energy and presence he brought to game 6 the other day, and we need that against GS, agreed.

Between that series and Boston-Philly, the number of bodies hitting the floor is going to be absolutely insane.

Should be fun!

Should be fun and should be officiated fairly.

Should be fun and should be officiated fairly.
GS are the ones with all the chips lately, hope
the league doesn’t favor the golden boy champion pretty boys and gives my underdog blue collar Lakers a fair shot.,,,

GS are the ones with all the chips lately, hope
the league doesn’t favor the golden boy champion pretty boys and gives my underdog blue collar Lakers a fair shot.,,,
That 70S Show Lol GIF by Laff

Hope when those pretty boy softies take 700 3’s and my blue collar Lakers go to the rack and even post up(my goodness, what is THAT?!!?) people don’t cry if the Show gets to the line more.

Hope when those pretty boy softies take 700 3’s and my blue collar Lakers go to the rack and even post up(my goodness, what is THAT?!!?) people don’t cry if the Show gets to the line more.
Warriors in 6

Yeah.

I don’t even mind the threes anymore. We all know he’s going to do that and he needs no time or space to hit them. Whats absolutely infuriating are his drives to the hoop when he challenges guys much taller than him and just lofts the ball off the top of the backboard. Those bigs need to take a step or two at him to knock that ball into the backcourt.

Refs won’t know who to favor more with Steph and LeBron on the floor at the same time.

It’s really hard to compare players across eras. Especially when the eras are separated by decades.

But if you’re talking best players of his era? It’s LeBron, Curry, and Durant. And LeBron is a weird one because I think he already had a solid decade in the league before Curry popped, so he’s basically the best player/second best player in 2 different eras.
I forget that Steph is 35 only 3 years younger than LBJ. Guy has been amazing with his sleight frame.

I forget that Steph is 35 only 3 years younger than LBJ. Guy has been amazing with his sleight frame.
Yep. Most guards washout much younger. Isiah Thomas was done at 32. Kobe played 6 games coming off an achilles tear. Tony Parker was a bench player.

Honestly, there never really was. Even when Klay and Draymond were better, they were never in Steph's universe. What a legendary performance in a career full of them.

That was the only game that happened yesterday, right?

The shape that Steph keeps himself in is incredible. He has absolutely maximized his body.
Especially considering that he had major injury issues early in his career with his ankle.

He was certainly not a guard you would’ve thought would be playing at his peak at age 35, back then. He was a guy you worried might have a short career, early on.

Ja Morant would be wise to try to learn how to attack the rim in a more finesse, under control manner like Curry does, rather than just launching himself at the rim at full speed, in order to hold up physically as he gets older.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whodatnatn

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom