NBA Thread 2022-23 Season | Page 148 | Syracusefan.com

NBA Thread 2022-23 Season

Knicks get called for back to back moving screens. Bam sets a blatant moving screen. Not called.
It's like watching a SU vs Pitt game in the Jamie Dixon era. As much as I hate storz I did take some joy in Kemba's step back game winner in the 2011 BET was over that Pitt illegal screen artist.

It's crazy. Dudes are getting hurt on these illegal screens. Bam basically doing a split to take guys out.

Yet we have Embiid, Harden, and the entire Lakers rotation getting free throws on offense for flopping all over the place.

Yet we have Embiid, Harden, and the entire Lakers rotation getting free throws on offense for flopping all over the place.

Kyle Lowry too. To be fair, Brunson flops a bunch too, but he doesn't get the calls like Lowry does.

Kyle Lowry too. To be fair, Brunson flops a bunch too, but he doesn't get the calls like Lowry does.
Thought the worst call last night was the Flagrant on Hart after the review. Butler does not jump straight up and down on his jumpers. He should not be rewarded for jumping 3 feet in front from where he starts his shot.

It's crazy. Dudes are getting hurt on these illegal screens. Bam basically doing a split to take guys out.

Yep, between the illegal screens and defenders sliding under airborne offensive players/help side charges in general, they could make the game wayyy more watchable if they find a way to eradicate them. Spoelstra’s a good enough coach that he’ll be able to adjust but Miami’s entire offense exists only because of Bam freeing up their players with hilariously blatant illegal screens. Part of why they’ve killed Milwaukee’s drop defense is because it’s impossible to get around Bam’s screens without being taken out of the play.

Thought the worst call last night was the Flagrant on Hart after the review. Butler does not jump straight up and down on his jumpers. He should not be rewarded for jumping 3 feet in front from where he starts his shot.

Yeah that was atrocious. I was watching thinking that it was more likely they'd overturn the foul call and then they hit him with a flagrant. Craziness.

Yep, between the illegal screens and defenders sliding under airborne offensive players/help side charges in general, they could make the game wayyy more watchable if they find a way to eradicate them. Spoelstra’s a good enough coach that he’ll be able to adjust but Miami’s entire offense exists only because of Bam freeing up their players with hilariously blatant illegal screens. Part of why they’ve killed Milwaukee’s drop defense is because it’s impossible to get around Bam’s screens without being taken out of the play.

Agreed, it makes it impossible to defend. I think Knicks players need to start embellishing these illegal screens and force the refs to make a call. Grimes got hurt at the end of the game last night because Bam set one of the most illegal screens ever and it went uncalled. Wasn't there a point of emphasis a couple years ago that screeners' legs couldn't be outside of their shoulders or else it would be a foul? Or was that a college rule?

Edit: I guess it was more than a couple years ago. 2014:

And then there’s Marcus Smart.

Poor PJ Tucker. He’s already the angriest person on Planet Earth, we don’t need to invent fake fouls to make him angrier.
FWIW, a buddy worked for the team PJ played for in Germany, can’t say enough good things about him.

I think Game 6 is “Game 7” for LA. I see GS winning a Game 7 at home by double figures.

Bbref has this awesome page which breaks out all results of 7 game playoff series since 1984 based on the scenario (IE, home team is up 2-0, down 2-0, etc. 7-Game Playoff Series Outcomes (Since 1984); 2-2-1-1-1 Format | Basketball-Reference.com)

All time (fine, since 1984), the team thats down 2-3 is 34-191, about 15%. If you look at teams down 2-3 with home court, its 19-60, which gets you to about 24%. If you look at scenarios like this series, where the home team was tied 2-2 and lost game 5, you get up to 13-26, about 33%. So definitely a decent chance for Boston. Also, if I am doing my math correctly, assuming the road team wins game 6 to even up the series, they are 11-5 in game 7 back at home.

To bring it back to the Knicks, when the team with home court is down 3-2 and they have won game 5, they win the series just 6 times out of 40.

Not surprised. Every Denver game he hates on him.
Barkley roasted whoever didn’t vote for Joker calling them an idiot and saying they should lose their vote. This was BEFORE he knew it was Jackson. Awkward !

These playoffs are an absolute snooze fest.

Basketball is my favorite sport but sometimes it’s so obvious why football is king.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tucker

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom