NBA Thread 2022-23 Season | Page 182 | Syracusefan.com

NBA Thread 2022-23 Season

Knicks own the Bucks pick in 25 but its 1-4 protected. Looking like it may be a year too early to be holding that pick.

If I were them; I guess you just have to try and bring the team back to go all out the next 2 years right? You have an MVP in his prime. But the team is low key (or maybe not so low key old). It almost seems like maybe your best bet is to convince Middleton to opt in and reassess after the season? And figure out a way to keep Brook. But if Middleton opts in, that's $111 million for just Holiday/Giannis/Middleton, plus Portis is making $11 million and if you sign Brook you're talking what, $20 million easy? That nearly puts you into the tax with just those 5. Tough spot for sure. But when you have an all time player, you don't have much of a choice.
Yeah. They’re kinda stuck. Probably not good enough to win the title and too expensive/old to get better.

I’d definitely be interested in shopping Middleton and Jrue a bit but it’ll be pretty much impossible to trade one of them without getting significantly worse in the short term.

Some Bucks fans are pretty adamant we should just hit the reset button and get young now; try to trade Jrue to Portland for the #3 pick or something; I saw a Bucks writer floated a Jrue for Desmond Bane/Tyus Jones/Steven Adams package…I think it probably makes us worse and Memphis probably says no but I’m pretty intrigued by that one.

Idk, it’s a really tricky predicament. I’m fairly certain some team in a similar position will end up deciding the new CBA penalties are too stiff and will try to get younger instead of going all in on a contending core. I doubt it’ll be us because of the Giannis uncertainty but maybe it will be. Just a matter of time before some team bites the bullet IMO.

My somewhat realistic off-season would be trading Portis either for Tyus Jones, Portis + other pieces for Fred VanVleet, or Portis for Chris Duarte + Jalen Smith or something. Portis is the piece that we should be looking to trade if the big 3 are off limits.

Actual footage of that one day when the Clippers were relevant:

And a shot of when the Clippers’ relevance was at its height.

IMG_1477.jpeg

Just out of curiosity, how long is Butler allowed to hang on the rim?

Edit: or pass the ball to himself?

that NBA dude saying that Butler play is not a travel is an idiot.. So now you can just throw the ball anywhere on the court and go get it and its just a long dribble? he had full control and took off. if its a dribble then 5-6 steps is ok?

that NBA dude saying that Butler play is not a travel is an idiot.. So now you can just throw the ball anywhere on the court and go get it and its just a long dribble? he had full control and took off.
Long dribble…lol. Are you allowed to dribble with two hands on the ball at the same time?

that NBA dude saying that Butler play is not a travel is an idiot.. So now you can just throw the ball anywhere on the court and go get it and its just a long dribble? he had full control and took off. if its a dribble then 5-6 steps is ok?
That part was perfectly legal but hanging on the rim was an obvious tech.

You can take as many steps as you want between dribbles as long as you’re not in possession of the ball, and since it was his first dribble, there’s no rule against what was essentially a pass to himself.

It’s pretty normal to push the ball out in front of you on the break and take more than two steps in between. This was obviously a little more exaggerated than usual but it’s the same concept.

Oh I used to love doing that. Maybe I got whistled for it, but I don't remember it.

That part was perfectly legal but hanging on the rim was an obvious tech.

You can take as many steps as you want between dribbles as long as you’re not in possession of the ball, and since it was his first dribble, there’s no rule against what was essentially a pass to himself.

It’s pretty normal to push the ball out in front of you on the break and take more than two steps in between. This was obviously a little more exaggerated than usual but it’s the same concept.
A player who gathers the ball while progressing may take (1) two steps in coming to a stop, passing or shooting the ball, or (2) if he has not yet dribbled, one step prior to releasing the ball. A player who gathers the ball while dribbling may take two steps in coming to a stop, passing, or shooting the ball.

he got it with 2 hands took 2 steps then threw the ball ahead of him.

Game 6 will be interesting if Boston shows up. Doubt Miami wants this to go to a game 7 in Boston so they might be feeling a bit of pressure

A player who gathers the ball while progressing may take (1) two steps in coming to a stop, passing or shooting the ball, or (2) if he has not yet dribbled, one step prior to releasing the ball. A player who gathers the ball while dribbling may take two steps in coming to a stop, passing, or shooting the ball.

he got it with 2 hands took 2 steps then threw the ball ahead of him.
He gathered the ball, took one step, and then released the ball, just like the rule states.

If you want to argue it was two steps before he released the ball, you can, but obviously the refs didn’t see it that way and in the NBA players almost always get the benefit of the doubt with the gather stuff.

He gathered the ball, took one step, and then released the ball, just like the rule states.

If you want to argue it was two steps before he released the ball, you can, but obviously the refs didn’t see it that way and in the NBA players almost always get the benefit of the doubt with the gather stuff.
we could spend all day arguing over the number of times guys took 3-4 steps getting to the basket I guess.. This was just a stupid play for a dumb part of the rule that looks really awkward in the flow of a game.

could they word this more cryptically? tendon that comes out of the elbow and leads to his forearm makes zero sense. tendons attach muscle to bone. so im guessing its either common flexor or extensor tendon. literally could be talking about "tennis elbow" this makes it sound more dramatic though.

could they word this more cryptically? tendon that comes out of the elbow and leads to his forearm makes zero sense. tendons attach muscle to bone. so im guessing its either common flexor or extensor tendon. literally could be talking about "tennis elbow" this makes it sound more dramatic though.
As someone who had an elbow injury playing hoops before it doesn't matter. It's extremely painful to shoot.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Marz44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom