NC Game Thread | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

NC Game Thread

FWIW, Brunson is the cousin of a local HS female basketball player. Not the same last name though and I'm not naming the local player. Just thought I'd toss out a local connection.

I'm not sure what to make of this. On one hand, there's no chance UNC keeps this shooting up. On the other, they biggest advantage they have, inside, hasn't come to fruition. I don't know if UNC is gonna win by 20 or lose by a dozen.

Meeks is getting jobbed, for sure. But UNC keeps falling for the pumps and leaving their feet. You open yourself to touch calls there, and they did all first half.

Both teams using at least mild full court pressure on every possession.

But JB said that doesn't work any more in modern basketball. :noidea:
Mild full court pressure that eats up 6-7 seconds of a 30 second shot clock is such a no brainer it makes me nuts we don't do it.

It's such a pleasure to watch skilled big men in action.

...instead of cringing over bobbled passes and rebounds, unnecessary dribbles, holding the ball in the wrong position, missed lay-ups and dunks etc.

Man, how many chances did UNC have right there...it was like that 6 shot possession that OU had against Nova last game (except they were shooting mostly threes).

What a run by Nova!

But despite them playing out of their minds, they haven't put UNC away. Fouls are starting to add up, and Nova doesn't have the depth up front to compensate. UNC is going to wear them down late.

I laugh everytime I see that pina colada ad.

That's an ACC offensive foul.

In five minutes I've seen UNC miss more floaters/mid range jumpers than in our entire game.

I think i see "Marlins Man" sitting behind the nova bench. I swear this guy goes to every major sporting event. He must spend $100k+ a year on tickets/travel/hotel etc

I subjectively loathe Arcidiacono, but am objectively in awe by how he's able to score. He's a rich man's Cooney in how accurate he is when off balance.

It's over. Congrats to Nova. Got all of the calls. First basketball-only to win it all since UConn in 99?

It seems like Villanova has gotten every call in this game.

Seemed like a Nova walk, Carolina foul followed with another nova walk... and not one call from the officials

Man, Nova can push around Johnson with literally anyone they have guarding him.

Roy doesn't like timeouts?

Plenty of time left, but if Nova stays hot like this...

It definitely isn't all refs. They've locked down three top offenses. The calls are making a comeback nearly impossible, though.

Steve Smith adds very little to the broadcast. Plus, I'm pretty sure he thinks Nova is losing by 50 from his commentary.

UNC shooting the lights out and getting no separation.

I switched to Nova team stream early 2nd half.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bspencer309

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom