NC State Attendance | Page 12 | Syracusefan.com

NC State Attendance

They should put in new seats that look like people sitting in a seat. It'll look like a sellout every game.

I think just reconfiguring the seating to individual seats will help everything. Just throwing a number out, but if we’ve got 42,000 individual seats - you can fill that or come very close consistently. It’s a more comfortable experience to have a bit of a buffer zone. I really don’t enjoy being in hip to hip contact with everybody as it is now.

More demand for seats. Dome will look way better on TV.

It will be such an upgrade when they get to that.

They should put in new seats that look like people sitting in a seat. It'll look like a sellout every game.
Didn’t the superdome try this?

I think just reconfiguring the seating to individual seats will help everything. Just throwing a number out, but if we’ve got 42,000 individual seats - you can fill that or come very close consistently.
More demand for seats. Dome will look way better on TV.

It will be such an upgrade when they get to that.
Gotta figure out the basketball situation before that can happen. Really hope they are thinking about modernizing or expanding the pullout section - it would be a way to appease STHs who would be displaced.

Gotta figure out the basketball situation before that can happen. Really hope they are thinking about modernizing or expanding the pullout section - it would be a way to appease STHs who would be displaced.

The building is still the same size. Seems like they’d be able to make adjustments to seating still allow for the monster 35,000 seat crowd on occasion. I agree with you...gotta be a way to do something with the pullout sections.

Tulane went the other way, and their fans dress up like empty seats.

It’s ok. Dome can be deafening with 40,000.

Keep winning and 40k becomes the baseline instead of the high point.

My thing is, if you can come to a Syracuse basketball game in a blizzard and drag your kids to it (someone actually said this to Brent), there's no excuse for not showing up to a Saturday night game. Locals find every reason not to go. Alumni amd fans who follow the program wish they were closer to SU to go tonight.

Tulane went the other way, and their fans dress up like empty seats.

Revisiting his point. Individual orange seats would be awesome for many reasons. But an empty orange seat looks a lot better than a silver section of bleacher.

This board was talking about wanting to paint the bleachers orange 15 years ago.

My thing is, if you can come to a Syracuse basketball game in a blizzard and drag your kids to it (someone actually said this to Brent), there's no excuse for not showing up to a Saturday night game. Locals find every reason not to go. Alumni amd fans who follow the program wish they were closer to SU to go tonight.

That’s the “winning” thing.

If you rely heavily on the locals to support the program you can’t blame them for viewing it more like a pro sports fan than an alum. It is what it is at this point. Not much that can really be done, but win and provide a fun experience.

I do have to believe there’s things that can be done to get more students to come and stay until the end though, though obviously winning helps there too.

Dome looking pretty full. Going to be a nice crowd for sure. Students just waking up though

Students got their lame selfies and video footage of the team running out so they can “brag” on social media that they were apart of something cool.

Time to leave now, to do the same thing somewhere else.

Revisiting his point. Individual orange seats would be awesome for many reasons. But an empty orange seat looks a lot better than a silver section of bleacher.

This board was talking about wanting to paint the bleachers orange 15 years ago.
To be clear, I was making fun of Tulane (vs. saying anything about Syracuse)

It’s very much my opinion that the university should splurge on the $1k necessary to turn the bleacher section orange.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom