NC State attendance | Page 16 | Syracusefan.com

NC State attendance

Hopefully there will be some new fans experiencing the Dome for the first time. That’s what we need, because they will be hooked. The excitement and value is there.

I’ve always viewed donniesyracuse as my Personal Jesus
I'll make you a believer!

GIF by MTV-Italia

They're going to sell out 5 of 6 games this year in a 47+k stadium

In the past 7 years, they've won 7 games against FBS teams.

Our fringe fans are still scorned by our 5 win season in 2019.
Kansas is experiencing “upstart syndrome” A football program that has been so bad is suddenly really good. Although our program has not been good the last 20 years we have had some success . Remember 87 and “ The Lion weeps tonight” and “ Donnie Mac” flloding local airwaves. I’ll bet we could have sold 70,000 tickets for that PSU game. Good for Lawrence, happy for them.

Last edited:
Kansas is experiencing “upstart syndrome” A football program that has been so bad is suddenly really good. Although are program has not been good the last 20 years we have had some success . Remember 87 and “ The Lion weeps tonight” and “ Donnie Mac” flloding local airwaves. I’ll bet we could have sold 70,000 tickets for that PSU game. Good for Lawrence, happy for them.

They have a bigger fanbase too, as a state school. Easier for alums in Kansas City or even St. Louis to get there. So I get all that.

Just poking some fun at the notion that our fans need to see more to come back.

I'm sure when Leipold moves on, things will get back to normal in their crowds. They've had pops before, in the Mangino days. Loved that guy.

Kansas is experiencing “upstart syndrome” A football program that has been so bad is suddenly really good. Although are program has not been good the last 20 years we have had some success . Remember 87 and “ The Lion weeps tonight” and “ Donnie Mac” flloding local airwaves. I’ll bet we could have sold 70,000 tickets for that PSU game. Good for Lawrence, happy for them.

Agreed and Kansas selling out isn't going to put another 4-5K in the dome next Saturday. Syracuse needs to figure it out but the best would be to put a competitive product on the field year to year. Consistency would go a longways. They are off to a great start but winning consistently would really shut the traps of a lot of the naysayers

As a diehard I personally am done trying to defend the program or get people to go to games. I frankly don't care anymore nor have the energy

They have a bigger fanbase too, as a state school. Easier for alums in Kansas City or even St. Louis to get there. So I get all that.

Just poking some fun at the notion that our fans need to see more to come back.

I'm sure when Leipold moves on, things will get back to normal in their crowds. They've had pops before, in the Mangino days. Loved that guy.

Much bigger fanbase, state school with I bet 100x the alumni within a 200 mile radius.

I think Leipold is a bit different, not sure he leaves as quickly as many think. KU will pay him pretty well and I think he stays longer than many think he will. Eventually, he will have to though. But I wouldn't be leaving for any of the jobs that are open now other than Wisconsin where he spent a lot of years. so Maybe?

Kind of surprised his name isn't being dropped all over for the Wiscy job? Maybe it is.

Last edited:
Ultimately, they built the Dome a little too big. I get that 50K was a cool round number, and it's not like we haven't filled the place at times. But we don't really have the fanbase to fill it consistently. Even in our best days we'd average ~47K per game for a season. Should have built it closer to 42K than 50K.

There's a bunch of P5 state schools that have a capacity around ~50K who rarely fill their places as well. And I suspect all of them have a larger fanbase to do so than we do.

Ultimately, they built the Dome a little too big. I get that 50K was a cool round number, and it's not like we haven't filled the place at times. But we don't really have the fanbase to fill it consistently. Even in our best days we'd average ~47K per game for a season. Should have built it closer to 42K than 50K.

There's a bunch of P5 state schools that have a capacity around ~50K who rarely fill their places as well. And I suspect all of them have a larger fanbase to do so than we do.

Should be great when the redo the seating, we lose what 5-6K in seats?

The moment we rip out the bleachers, put in individual seats, and reduce the capacity cannot come quick enough.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom