NC State Postgame Thoughts | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

NC State Postgame Thoughts

Luckily, it takes an entire game into account and not a 5 minute snapshot.
Well, ok, the second half wasn't particularly efficient. We can be happy with the win. In fact, I am. However, I can't be alone in thinking that we just played sloppy basketball for most of the second half. That's not something that is going to help us and we have limited chances going forward to change that.

Quoting myself because I want the name Big Peter to stick
Now, don't overthink this, because it really doesn't matter, and there's no wrong answer, but it really matters and there is a wrong answer, so you should think about it -

Are you envisioning it as

"Big" Peter Carey

or

Peter "Big Peter" Carey

Well, ok, the second half wasn't particularly efficient. We can be happy with the win. In fact, I am. However, I can't be alone in thinking that we just played sloppy basketball for most of the second half. That's not something that is going to help us and we have limited chances going forward to change that.

I think we played fine offensively. 39 second half points. Got lackadaisical on D for a bit and missed a bunch of free throws, which is why it wasn’t a 20+ point blowout. NC State was still never actually in the game in the second half.

He’s our most effective defensive rebounder, based on defensive rebounding percentage. He’s not great on offense but he offers so much more than Taylor there. In the last two years, he’s scored in double figures 9 times against P6 teams. Taylor has done it twice (both against VaTech). It’s safe to say neither are great options, but Benny at least has upside.
Agree on the offense. The defensive rebounding difference is minuscule though and flip flopped all season.

Agree on the offense. The defensive rebounding difference is minuscule though and flip flopped all season.

It is minuscule, but I point it out because that’s a common defense of Taylor, but Benny offers basically the same thing only with more offensive potential.

For his own good? He didn’t punch a guy he just taunted. That move almost cost them the game honestly. Without bell the offense was way too bunched up
What did Bell do? Couldn’t see it at the game.

The rims were VERY good to us tonight.
A bunch of misses which contributed to the slop.
Many of which fall on Judah. The announcers said as much when he went into traffic and tried to make a shot inside of 3 guys instead of passing.
Bell was +20 in 21 minutes!
And then the wheels fell off. Quadir was -9, but I don’t put it all on him.
4- and 5-point swings didn’t kill us here, but would and have against other teams

For the record I’m not defending Taylor. I think he stinks, but I think Benny stinks too and I’m sick of his crap over the past 3 seasons on top of our fans thinking he’s better than he is.

I don’t think Benny is great either, but I at least think he’s a competent P6 bench guy. I think after almost two seasons, it’s fairly safe to say Taylor is probably not a P6 quality player. At the very least, he’s absolutely not a P6 caliber starter.

Hate to see us listed behind Miami when we beat them head to head and have same record and better home record
View attachment 237013
laziness on the part of the graphics person not to look at the head to head tiebreakers, I hate to say it but probably a millenial. I work with too many of them who don’t do their homework and are not detailed. I am so glad I am retiring in 3 years so I don’t have to work with them anymore. Sorry, didn't mean to rant but it's what I see every day.

You’re not totally wrong. Benny is an inconsistent headcase, but he leads Taylor in almost every advanced metric but plays 10 minutes less per game. I think that’s where the disconnect is. At worst, they should probably be splitting playing time equally
You are probably right, but Taylor is always in control and looks like he knows what he is doing, Benny not so much.

When he dribbled it off of his foot?
Benny played well , defended well moved well without the ball had a solid game IMO (11 pts 5 reb. ) in about 10 to 15 minutes.

laziness on the part of the graphics person not to look at the head to head tiebreakers, I hate to say it but probably a millenial. I work with too many of them who don’t do their homework and are not detailed. I am so glad I am retiring in 3 years so I don’t have to work with them anymore. Sorry, didn't mean to rant but it's what I see every day.
I really hope this is sarcasm

I love Syracusefan.com & spend much time on here… but I will never understand hopping on the postgame thread after a 12 point home win & see more negative posts about “not being good enough” from fans than I do of the ones who appreciate an Orange win & enjoy it. I guess I’m just becoming (or have become) that guy…

I appreciated the win against a comparable ACC team! As always, Syracuse basketball is my favorite team on the planet & we won, I’ll always enjoy that. Solid win fellas!

I love Syracusefan.com & spend much time on here… but I will never understand hopping on the postgame thread after a 12 point home win & see more negative posts about “not being good enough” from fans than I do of the ones who appreciate an Orange win & enjoy it. I guess I’m just becoming (or have become) that guy…

I appreciated the win against a comparable ACC team! As always, Syracuse basketball is my favorite team on the planet & we won, I’ll always enjoy that. Solid win fellas!
Feel the same way as you and honestly feel the same way I felt in the beginning of the season…im just along for the ride. I’m ready to stay down with the team win or lose.

Overall I like the direction we’re moving in!

Really think only up from here.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom