NC State Postgame Thoughts | Syracusefan.com

NC State Postgame Thoughts

Cope is really struggling. I assume bell was hurt or else he should’ve been in

Good win. Team, including Red, seemed to just mail it in for the 2nd half. They need to learn how to keep the peddle down. Just confusing coaching decisions for the 2nd half by sticking with the same lineup. Not sure what Red was trying to accomplish leaving Bell on the bench. Glad we were able to hold on for the win but it didn’t need to be that way.

I don't consider them an inferior opponent. We beat that at home. If the game is down there, IDK. We were very good tonight.
I think we were okay. It was more that NCSt was really bad in the first half and we were able to build a lead. Don’t love the way we played in the 2nd half. It should have been better.

Seemed like Bell was much more active and engaged defensively after starting off pretty hot from the field.

He may never be an elite 3 and D type but it seemed pretty noticeable to me in the first half.
I thought he played his best game in Orange but then Red mysteriously decided to bench him for the last 15 minutes. Made no sense.

Salute to Chris Bell for catching fire. Also had a couple of boards, an assist and a block. Stuffing the stat sheet!

Salute to the refs for accurately calling fouls on NC State’s garbage defense.

Salute to the staff and all players for the lockdown halfcourt D. To my eye, Cuse is playing great D when they have a chance to set up. The next step is to improve on getting back to set up.

All credit to my guy Big Peter
family guy dancing GIF

We simply cannot blow out inferior opponents.
NC State really isn't an inferior opponent, and that effectively was a blowout. Ask an NC State fan if they felt their team was ever in that game after about midway through the first half.

Cope is really struggling. I assume bell was hurt or else he should’ve been in
...as I see it, Red has his best team in at the end. Brown, Benny, Cope, JJ and Mintz. Right now this is the best we have to close a game. Bell did an outstanding job in this game and played extremely hard. He is just not as effective as Copeland and Benny on defense

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom