NC State/UNC | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

NC State/UNC

If the refs make the goaltending call the WVU game is tied and goes OT at worst. The refs didn't gift us anything they missed a call and the game should have gone to OT. WVU had a 3 ball to win the game after call and had it gone in the refs didn't gift us anything. The refs were awful in this UNC-NCSU game, and don't give me the Painter crap Zeller pushes on rebounding possession almost every possession and he whines after every foul call against him. That game was HORRIBLY officiated. I get Bojangles your a UNC fan but don't try saying the zebras didn't decide the outcome.

This game was horribly officiated...but the officials were horrible on both sides. Blaming any loss on the refs is usually just a cop out, and this case is no exception. If you are worried about the refs missing a single call at the end of the game, execute better early on in the game and don't leave it up to them. There are a number of reasons that State lost this game-two turnovers in the final minute, missed shots, poor shots, their best player picking up his fifth foul with 8 minutes left, etc. But no one pays any attention to that...

My girlfriend is a UNC fan from Chapel Hill, it was great hearing her spin the officiating.

NC State got jobbed.

If the refs make the goaltending call the WVU game is tied and goes OT at worst. The refs didn't gift us anything they missed a call and the game should have gone to OT.

I didn't realize they were playing "possession" like in the playground. It's usually OT at best when the other team has the ball with 9secs left in a tie game.

Sheesh...some of the posts here remind me of stuff I see on the NC State message board...and that isn't a good thing. Primer on the ACC...there is no conspiracy, there are no black helicopters, there isn't a secret executive order coming from the White House that predetermines the order that the ACC teams will finish in a given season. We have two good teams (UNC and Duke), a couple of mediocre teams every year, and the rest of the league is really, really bad. And the refs are always terrible. But, the good teams usually finish up on top of the league standings because...they are better than everyone else in the league. Next year we'll have three good teams, and you'll see how it is after you beat some of the bad teams and they start screaming bloody murder that you can't actually be better than them...there just has to be some sort of super-secret conspiracy rivaling Area 51 in complexity that is the reason that you won a given game.

Sheesh...some of the posts here remind me of stuff I see on the NC State message board...and that isn't a good thing. Primer on the ACC...there is no conspiracy, there are no black helicopters, there isn't a secret executive order coming from the White House that predetermines the order that the ACC teams will finish in a given season. We have two good teams (UNC and Duke), a couple of mediocre teams every year, and the rest of the league is really, really bad. And the refs are always terrible. But, the good teams usually finish up on top of the league standings because...they are better than everyone else in the league. Next year we'll have three good teams, and you'll see how it is after you beat some of the bad teams and they start screaming bloody murder that you can't actually be better than them...there just has to be some sort of super-secret conspiracy rivaling Area 51 in complexity that is the reason that you won a given game.

Ehh, it's very "talk radio host" to make that sort of straw-man. It doesn't have to be a grand conspiracy that you'd see in a movie. It could just be subconscious bias in the same way home teams usually get calls.

This game was horribly officiated...but the officials were horrible on both sides. Blaming any loss on the refs is usually just a cop out, and this case is no exception. If you are worried about the refs missing a single call at the end of the game, execute better early on in the game and don't leave it up to them. There are a number of reasons that State lost this game-two turnovers in the final minute, missed shots, poor shots, their best player picking up his fifth foul with 8 minutes left, etc. But no one pays any attention to that...

Please. Every State player that got near Zeller had at least 4 fouls. Every momentum killing foul went against State. Even the announcers were talking about the officiating and this was before the no-call on the charge at the end. It was a testament to how much State wanted this game that they even had a chance to win. As others have stated, I hope we don't get this kind of treatment in the ACC. Unfortunately, I think we will be treated like red headed, yankee step children by the officials.

Ehh, it's very "talk radio host" to make that sort of straw-man. It doesn't have to be a grand conspiracy that you'd see in a movie. It could just be subconscious bias in the same way home teams usually get calls.

Oh sure, there might be a subconscious bias either way in some officials. After all, they are human beings. They make mistakes. But you clearly don't understand NC State fans yet...everything is a conspiracy going right up to the Governor's office. You think I'm joking...I'm not. Like I said, you'll see soon enough.

Please. Every State player that got near Zeller had at least 4 fouls. Every momentum killing foul went against State. Even the announcers were talking about the officiating and this was before the no-call on the charge at the end. It was a testament to how much State wanted this game that they even had a chance to win. As others have stated, I hope we don't get this kind of treatment in the ACC. Unfortunately, I think we will be treated like red headed, yankee step children by the officials.

Yeah, it isn't like our starting PG got in foul trouble early because of two phantom fouls or anything. It isn't like Zeller picked up his 4th midway in the 2nd half or anything. The only difference is, our coach is smart enough to take one of his best players out when he has four fouls early in the game. It isn't like Painter wasn't fouling Zeller every single possession, to the point of literally grabbing his arm and throwing him to the floor or anything.

You'll get hosed by the refs every once in a while in the ACC, but for one reason and one reason only: The refs are horrible. To everyone. There is no grand agenda...they are just bad.

Oh sure, there might be a subconscious bias either way in some officials. After all, they are human beings. They make mistakes. But you clearly don't understand NC State fans yet...everything is a conspiracy going right up to the Governor's office. You think I'm joking...I'm not. Like I said, you'll see soon enough.

The difference is, none of us are NC State fans and to us, the bias is obvious.

The difference is, none of us are NC State fans and to us, the bias is obvious.

I wish...we wouldn't have lost to Duke this season if there was any bias at all. Guess the refs didn't get the memo that night.

Yeah, it isn't like our starting PG got in foul trouble early because of two phantom fouls or anything. It isn't like Zeller picked up his 4th midway in the 2nd half or anything. .

Just to clarify, Zeller fouled out with 1:09 left in the game with the score tied at 66. You must have gotten the players mixed up - it was NC St's Leslie who fouled out with more than 8 minutes remaining in the game. Not that facts will sway strongly held "opinions".

Just to clarify, Zeller fouled out with 1:09 left in the game with the score tied at 66. You must have gotten the players mixed up - it was NC St's Leslie who fouled out with more than 8 minutes remaining in the game. Not that facts will sway strongly held "opinions".

Correct. Looks like you misread my post. Zeller picked his 4th up around the same time that Leslie got his...the difference is, Roy sat Zeller and Gott kept playing Leslie. That's State's fault, not the ref's.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom