NC State/UNC | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

NC State/UNC

I flipped over after the end of UK/UF and just witnessed 2 minutes of referee madness. I can only imagine what the entire game was like.

NIT State got screwed, my goodness that was Donaghy level bad. Refs decided the outcome of the game.

Absolute BS. The ref's handed that game to UNC. And we all give Burr and Higgins crap. That was a horrible display by those officials.

I flipped over after the end of UK/UF and just witnessed 2 minutes of referee madness. I can only imagine what the entire game was like.

I put the game probably the same time as you - judging from Elmore's reaction, and that of the forum, I have to assume this game was pretty awful.

Digger is ed.

NC St was hosed. Scary thinking if we'll have to play against 8 in the ACC.

The only good thing about this is UNC getting the game handed to them is the story of this game...which means even winning the ACC tourney isn't going to be enough for them to take the east because perception will be they were given the tourney title.

Well, they just showed one of the Leslie fouls - that looked clean.

Digger acting like a stick in a mud standing up for the refs. When during the WVU-SU ending Digger wanted the refs suspended by now he is defending the refs. Digger wants to shank Fran this is great.

The only good thing about this is UNC getting the game handed to them is the story of this game...which means even winning the ACC tourney isn't going to be enough for them to take the east because perception will be they were given the tourney title.

interesting take......you're putting way too much faith in others to have the same view

yes the officials were bad, however 1 play was with 46 seconds left, NC State had the ball, after a timeout and 2 players miscommunicated and threw the ball out of bounds, hence giving UNC the ball back.

Digger acting like a stick in a mud standing up for the refs. When during the WVU-SU ending Digger wanted the refs suspended by now he is defending the refs. Digger wants to shank Fran this is great.
Digger: Nonsense, rabble rabble, drunken ramble.
Fran: ITS THE RULE.
Digger: I dont care.
Fran: ITS THE RULE

Hmmm who won that debate?

Wrong Rece Davis is already spinning this as UNC wins without John Henson and how great they were to win this game without him and Zeller who fouled out at the end.

Digger says Barnes came up big when Zeller was out. Huh? Zeller was out like the last two minutes of the game. The previous 38 minutes were spent being fellated by the refs.

interesting take......you're putting way too much faith in others to have the same view

I'd say it was about a 1 in a billion chance it would have happened regardless, but giving UNC the overall #2 seed means the officiating in the ACC tourney becomes a bigger story because it obviously affected seeding. If anything they are going to want this to die down quickly and not be a topic of conversation Sunday evening.

NC St was hosed. Scary thinking if we'll have to play against 8 in the ACC.

Yup. That game was a sad preview of what life will be like when SU plays Duke and Carolina. Teams like NC St. and Maryland get screwed over and they are ACC lifers.

I put the game probably the same time as you - judging from Elmore's reaction, and that of the forum, I have to assume this game was pretty awful.

Elmore is weird. He's normally very PC and very afraid to criticize calls. But every once in a while it sounds like he has an agenda. In the infamous "Gonzaga collapse, Adam Morrison crying" game he sounded like a diehard UCLA fan the way he was complaining about calls before they came back.

The Marshal play I thought was the least controversial of the bunch, but of course that's what espn obsesses over because it happened in the last minute (shades of our game vs WVU). I did think NC St got hosed a bit on some flop/charge calls earlier but that no-call wasn't a big deal imo.

Elmore is weird. He's normally very PC and very afraid to criticize calls. But every once in a while it sounds like he has an agenda. In the infamous "Gonzaga collapse, Adam Morrison crying" game he sounded like a diehard UCLA fan the way he was complaining about calls before they came back.

The Marshal play I thought was the least controversial of the bunch, but of course that's what espn obsesses over because it happened in the last minute (shades of our game vs WVU). I did think NC St got hosed a bit on some flop/charge calls earlier but that no-call wasn't a big deal imo.
But because of how the game was officiated up to that point the defender went for the charge, instead of contesting the shot resulting in a wide open bank look for Marshall on a play which was an obvious charge, as the defender beat him to the spot.

That ACC tourney intro is so corny. This tourney is not making me excited for the ACC.

Barnes was the reason State got back into the game. He took 3 straight horrible three point shots. His decision making at times is really questionable. He has a little bit of Kris Joseph in him.

Refs were atrocious on both sides today. That said, the refs didn't lose the game...NC State lost the game. If the refs had called a fair game there is no way Painter would have been in the game at all in the second half...he was literally fouling Zeller on every single possession, and even threw Zeller to the ground at one point (he was actually called for that foul). I get that the refs "giving" us the game is a better storyline, but that's not how it happened. Heck, remember when the refs missed a blatant SU goaltend on West Virginia's last second shot earlier this season? Horrible call, but the refs didn't "gift" Syracuse that game.

Refs were atrocious on both sides today. That said, the refs didn't lose the game...NC State lost the game. If the refs had called a fair game there is no way Painter would have been in the game at all in the second half...he was literally fouling Zeller on every single possession, and even threw Zeller to the ground at one point (he was actually called for that foul). I get that the refs "giving" us the game is a better storyline, but that's not how it happened. Heck, remember when the refs missed a blatant SU goaltend on West Virginia's last second shot earlier this season? Horrible call, but the refs didn't "gift" Syracuse that game.
If the refs make the goaltending call the WVU game is tied and goes OT at worst. The refs didn't gift us anything they missed a call and the game should have gone to OT. WVU had a 3 ball to win the game after call and had it gone in the refs didn't gift us anything. The refs were awful in this UNC-NCSU game, and don't give me the Painter crap Zeller pushes on rebounding possession almost every possession and he whines after every foul call against him. That game was HORRIBLY officiated. I get Bojangles your a UNC fan but don't try saying the zebras didn't decide the outcome.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom