NC State vs. Cincinnati | Syracusefan.com

NC State vs. Cincinnati

Obie9

Co-Winner 2017 2nd Chance Challenge
I tend to route for teams in our conference. Now I'm confused. Who are you routing for?

ONE HUNDRED PERCENT rooting for cincy. Nc state is the devil

I tend to route for teams in our conference. Now I'm confused. Who are you routing for?
That's easy, never ever ever cheer for an Opie coached team. Never. And just to go on the record, regardless of conference affiliation I will never ever cheer for either UNC or Duke, in any sport.

I used to blindly root for conference mates (minus Rutgers) in OOC games but not anymore. The ACC is stable, there is no longer even a debate what is the best bball conference, and I couldn't care less about how a loss might affect the national perception of the ACC as a football conference. I don't feel compelled any longer to root for teams we will recruit and compete for championships against.

NC State is the third most popular school in their own market.
Trash school, trash fans, trash athletics.

They have literally no redeeming qualities.

NCState is the Rutgers of the BE. sh!thole fans.

Cincinnati. NC State is my new Rutgers. Think rutgers annoying fanbase but with a Carolina drawl.

NC State.

Not going to judge them on their opinion about SU while they're talking among themselves. That's not fair.

Only when they start spamming this board a la RU 2007 do they deserve to be compared to those crotch mites.

Now, let's get some payback for 1997 (28 point favorites!:bang:) but our guys need to take care of that. Not Cincy.

Why the hate for NCState?

I'm wondering the same thing. Jamie Barnett/Torry Holt and the Julius Hodge spat we had with their fans were both over a decade ago. Tom O'Brien is harmless. I don't see the hate for him at all, he's more humorous than anything with his publically removing his name from consideration for every open position and 2004 beatdown.

Besides, I personally try not to let emotion dictate my rooting interests. The ACC being a good conference that recruits want to be part of is what's best for Syracuse now.

I'm a State guy. I can understand how people that follow local sports, or are aware of the situation we have found ourselves in over the last two decades with the extreme success of Duke and UNC vs. our extreme lack of success - mostly self-inflicted - would be justified in calling us whiners and accuse us of having inferiority complexes. A lot of it is justified. I don't know exactly why Syracuse fans would have a hatred of NC State, but I was not a part of any flame wars that may have taken place over the years. From my memory our schools haven't actually met up very often. I do remember the last few times we played in football, which I believe we won, and I think you guys have won most of the recent basketball match ups, including one sickening late game comeback in the RBC center several years ago that I was at. I'm not here to change anyone's mind about us. Hopefully there is the chance for a good healthy rivalry to form between our schools over the next few years, though I still don't think we will be playing each other very often in a 14 or 16 team league depending on division or pod assignments. I also think that whatever hate some of you currently have for us will slowly turn into sympathy once you guys start to get a taste of the favoritism that certain schools in the ACC enjoy. With all that said, I will be pulling for you guys and Pitt going forward, and even after you join the ACC - obviously except when playing us...but especially when you guys are playing the Blues...and Maryland. The conference will need you guys to be successful in football, and NC State needs the ACC to be a strong conference. Most State fans I know (outside of some message board posters) had no problems with Syracuse being announced as an ACC member. Still, this is all new. Let's see where things stand a few years after you have been in the league.

If they are making us stay till 2014..I will NEVER root for another BE school again.

Cinn looks rough on the D again and NC State needs a win bad. State in this one.

I'm a State guy. I can understand how people that follow local sports, or are aware of the situation we have found ourselves in over the last two decades with the extreme success of Duke and UNC vs. our extreme lack of success - mostly self-inflicted - would be justified in calling us whiners and accuse us of having inferiority complexes. A lot of it is justified. I don't know exactly why Syracuse fans would have a hatred of NC State, but I was not a part of any flame wars that may have taken place over the years. From my memory our schools haven't actually met up very often. I do remember the last few times we played in football, which I believe we won, and I think you guys have won most of the recent basketball match ups, including one sickening late game comeback in the RBC center several years ago that I was at. I'm not here to change anyone's mind about us. Hopefully there is the chance for a good healthy rivalry to form between our schools over the next few years, though I still don't think we will be playing each other very often in a 14 or 16 team league depending on division or pod assignments. I also think that whatever hate some of you currently have for us will slowly turn into sympathy once you guys start to get a taste of the favoritism that certain schools in the ACC enjoy. With all that said, I will be pulling for you guys and Pitt going forward, and even after you join the ACC - obviously except when playing us...but especially when you guys are playing the Blues...and Maryland. The conference will need you guys to be successful in football, and NC State needs the ACC to be a strong conference. Most State fans I know (outside of some message board posters) had no problems with Syracuse being announced as an ACC member. Still, this is all new. Let's see where things stand a few years after you have been in the league.
welcome Miasta and thinks for the post - I think most fans here are still pissed about the football losses back in the 90s more than anything else - I know I am

Having lived in Charlotte for a while, I'll bet that the feelings will change over the years as we experience the unending arrogance of the UNC (and Duke) fans.

Personally I'll save most of my hate for VT and BC (and to a lesser extent MD).

Bearcats, will never root for any ACC team. Except Syracuse who I am now considering an independent.

NCSU basketball fans' treatment of Kueth Duany in Raleigh, 2001.

I think that should dictate every Syracuse fan's opinion of NCSU. Heck, it should probably dictate every human being's opinion of NCSU.

Hmmmm a bit complex. I'd say NC State as being future conference mates and a greater number of stronger teams will make it a better conference in the public eye.

Other side of the coin is, if Cinci gets on a roll and has a good season does that make them more desirable for any other conference to want to cherry pick thus getting SU to the ACC quicker?

End of the day.. I like Philip Rivers and I'm still salty about Ben Mauk lighting us up in the dome the other year... SO GO PACK!!!

I think that should dictate every Syracuse fan's opinion of NCSU. Heck, it should probably dictate every human being's opinion of NCSU.

I don't recall. Whats the story with this?

Rooting for Cincinnati. Simple reason too, their winning helps our SOS if/when we beat them. I'm passively rooting for any Big East team out of conference until we make the switch to ACC and at that point I hope the Big East becomes MAC level.

Agreed. That was despicable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom