NCAA 1st Round Games for March 17 | Page 21 | Syracusefan.com

NCAA 1st Round Games for March 17

Worst all time was 1977 after the Syracuse Orangemen knocked off the Ernie and Bernie Show and having to go up against the green clad Cornbread Maxwell led UNCC Forty Niners on St. Patrick’s Day. As they say on Tipp Hill The Orange shall never be above The Green. At least on that day it was true.

Last edited:
You obviously know that Providence and ND are not Jesuits. But I have always wonder why they don't have a Jesuit pre-season tournament (rotate teams and the host city) as you could end up with some quality bb in some good cities when so many teams struggle to find quality opponents. Higgins tweet also left out St Gonzaga who died at 23 helping others during a pandemic. San Fran hanging tight and Loyola tomorrow.
ND, Providence, St. Mary's, Creighton, Gonzaga, St. Peter's all won. The NCAAs are turning into the CYO Invitational. San Francisco could be the next Catholic school to win.

15 minutes in (still early) but another historically elite program in tough right now -- UCLA down 3 vs Akron.
Might as well ask for them to lose tonight as well.

That still hurts
I wanted everybody to share my pain. At least they still don't run that on a perpetual loop to promo the tourney. But that isn't the one that hurts the most. It's not even second. I don't want to make everyone suicidal. so I'll leave it at that.

You obviously know that Providence and ND are not Jesuits. But I have always wonder why they don't have a Jesuit pre-season tournament (rotate teams and the host city) as you could end up with some quality bb in some good cities when so many teams struggle to find quality opponents. Higgins tweet also left out St Gonzaga who died at 23 helping others during a pandemic. San Fran hanging tight and Loyola tomorrow.

NIT should be a season-opening MSG tourney of the top Catholic schools from the previous year, as a fund raiser for Catholic Charities.

How do the refs not even review the last play in the UVM game? I thought it was a flagrant foul by Arkansas, at least worth a review.

Worst first day I’ve ever had in the tournament. Literally out of everything. But uconn lost. Thankfully. Without that… broken.

How do the refs not even review the last play in the UVM game? I thought it was a flagrant foul by Arkansas, at least worth a review.
They should have reviewed the play. Didn’t look intentional until they showed the one angle on the replay.

Worst all time was 1977 after the Syracuse Orangemen knocked off the Ernie and Bernie Show and having to go up against the green clad Cornbread Maxwell led UNCC Forty Niners on St. Patrick’s Day. As they say on Tipp Hill The Orange shall never be above The Green. At least on that day it was true.
You'll have to tell the young 'uns what happened. But that's no more than 4th or 5th for me. Moton's timeout against Arkansas was worse for me. I loved that team. I was in therapy for a year and obviously it didn't help.

I bet on Creighton at +2.5 over San Diego St.
The tournament has not went well for the MWC at all with teams going 0-3.
Won that one by a hair!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom