NCAA 1st Round Games for Saturday March 20 | Page 12 | Syracusefan.com

NCAA 1st Round Games for Saturday March 20

Okay. Still counts as a title. But we still went 35-3. Hard to put that all on luck.
Just about the best title run ever. Incredible clutch performances at the end of all three close games. I'd sure take a 3 year run of first round loss - title - first round loss.

Several years ago (I am guessing around 1990) I remember hearing there was an incident in an Italian League hockey game where one of the teams coaches tried to light an opponent's shirt on fire during a brawl.

If this ever happens in America, my money is on Danny Hurley being involved.
Haha his brother would be even more likely.

Yeah, honestly BFD. We're in a big boy conference now. Conference performance means nothing. B1G hasn't won a championship in more than two decades and no one thinks they should curl up into a ball and die.

P.S. UVA sucks.
If u bet on games or fill out brackets then conference performance matters. Going in it's all about figuring out which ones are legit and which ones are fugazy. Every year a few P6 conferences crash and burn and a few others dominate. That pattern seems in play this year, too.

If u bet on games or fill out brackets then conference performance matters. Going in it's all about figuring out which ones are legit and which ones are fugazy. Every year a few P6 conferences crash and burn and a few others dominate. That pattern seems in play this year, too.

Yep, I've been around the block a couple of times. I've got the Big 12 doing the most damage this year and no ACC teams past the Sweet 16 (sorry guys).

Andy Katz is kissing Barkley but hard and they disrespect the hell out of him.

it is uncomfortable to watch

Yep, I've been around the block a couple of times. I've got the Big 12 doing the most damage this year and no ACC teams past the Sweet 16 (sorry guys).
Same here.

Back in the day was it a thing to neglect a half court heave at the buzzer cuz it would hurt your three point shooting stats? Just askin' cuz I must have seen that at least a half dozen times this year including Kispert a few min ago. Ah the modern athlete. Get off my friggin' lawn!

This Abilene Christian team plays very hard, particularly on the defensive end. . They at a 14 and Oral Roberts as a 15 are a joke. Way better than that.

Back in the day was it a thing to neglect a half court heave at the buzzer cuz it would hurt your three point shooting stats? Just askin' cuz I must have seen that at least a half dozen times this year including Kispert a few min ago. Ah the modern athlete. Get off my friggin' lawn!
I have no idea why but it is 100% correct that teams this year don’t try the heave more than ever before. 1 in 10,000 is better than 0 so it confuses me

If Gonzaga can hold on tonight, they will have a pretty clear run to the regional final.

I have no idea why but it is 100% correct that teams this year don’t try the heave more than ever before. 1 in 10,000 is better than 0 so it confuses me
Agreed. Did they watch last year's SU/Duke game in Cameron?

If Gonzaga can hold on tonight, they will have a pretty clear run to the regional final.
I’d be shocked if they don’t win the title by 15 points. They’re throwing alley oops off the backboard and up FIFTY.

I don't have the stats for it, but I am thinking the 5 or 6 seed teams that have had to face the play-in winner in recent years have a worse record than the other 5 or 6 seed teams. Seems those 11/12 seeds that win the play in game have momentum on their side and are playing well. Well not Drake though.

Would it make more sense to drop those play in games to be fighting for a "9" seed. I suppose it could be viewed as unfair for the teams that are marked as the 8 seeds, but they already know they are getting jobbed by being put in that spot. It would also result in less "at-large" teams getting put into the dreaded 8-9 spots.

I’d be shocked if they don’t win the title by 15 points. They’re throwing alley oops off the backboard and up FIFTY.
I know I am in a very small minority but I don't see them as a mortal lock to win the tournament. They played an excellent non-con schedule and took care of business but since then they've played the sisters of the poor. The only quality opponent in their league - BYU - is getting handled by a 4th place P-12 UCLA team who barely made the tournament. Meanwhile BYU was down two with three min to go to the Zags in the WCC final. We'll see...

I know I am in a very small minority but I don't see them as a mortal lock to win the tournament. They played an excellent non-con schedule and took care of business but since then they've played the sisters of the poor. The only quality opponent in their league - BYU - is getting handled by a 4th place P-12 UCLA team who barely made the tournament. Meanwhile BYU was down two with three min to go to the Zags in the WCC final. We'll see...
Good perspective. I haven't seen them play this year so I don't know. However, so often people anoint a team the best and it gets overplayed (sheep mentality). Are they good? Of course. Will they get beat? Probably. Most teams do.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tucker

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom