NCAA 2nd Round Games for March 19 | Page 12 | Syracusefan.com

NCAA 2nd Round Games for March 19

I agree. Even "TV Official" Gene Serratore mentioned the game was getting out of hand.
Wasn't it just a couple of years ago when hand checking was going to be a point of emphasis?
They’ve got to reign in the “they can’t call everything so let’s foul on every play” teams.

UNC was in the bonus 5 minutes into the second half, but once Baylor got desperate, they just stopped calling fouls on them. They refused to call fouls on their guys with 4 fouls. Not good. Just call it as it is. If everybody fouls out on the whole team, oh well. Stop fouling.

They’ve got to reign in the “they can’t call everything so let’s foul on every play” teams.

UNC was in the bonus 5 minutes into the second half, but once Baylor got desperate, they just stopped calling fouls on them. They refused to call fouls on their guys with 4 fouls. Not good. Just call it as it is. If everybody fouls out on the whole team, oh well. Stop fouling.

Yeah it was a complete disaster.

Not at all. After all the disrespect the ACC got all season, I am loving their (our) run in the tournament. I'm rooting for all of them.

Still trying to understand how the ACC was disrespected this year. The league earned its tournament fate (i.e. bids and seeds) with its performance vs other leagues. They were lucky to get 5 teams instead of 4.

They are however earning respect now.

Still trying to understand how the ACC was disrespected this year. The league earned its tournament fate with its performance vs other leagues.

Yeah the ACC performed poorly all year vs other conferences. Not really any other measurement and thus it was completely self inflicted.

Still trying to understand how the ACC was disrespected this year. The league earned its tournament fate (i.e. bids and seeds) with its performance vs other leagues. They were lucky to get 5 teams instead of 4.

A couple teams are playing well, but everybody else stunk.

That’s the way I see it.

Has there ever been a day where two #1 seeds go down in the round of 32?

I know the 1vs.8/9 upset has become much more common in the last 10 years or so, but there are often duds in that line as well.

Good to see two competitive games back to back... although the Baylor-UNC was a different type of competitive in a good and bad way.

That’s great then because Carolina deserved it after the refs erase the 30 point lead

It was bad but bringing the ball low every time you catch it vs the press wasn't the the refs doing.

The “they can’t call everything so let’s foul on every play” is so reminiscent of Georgetown teams of the eighties. I HATED them!

The “they can’t call everything so let’s foul on every play” is so reminiscent of Georgetown teams of the eighties. I HATED them!
Them and Pitino’s Louisville teams whenever they were losing are two that stand out as being able to get away with that strategy pretty often, for whatever reason.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom