NCAA 2nd Round Games for March 20 | Page 10 | Syracusefan.com

NCAA 2nd Round Games for March 20

Curious on the amount, if this is wrong my bad, did a quick search:

How much money do teams get for making the NCAA Tournament?

The quick and dirty on it is this: Every game a team plays in the NCAA Tournament is worth one unit. Each 2022 unit is worth $338,887 paid to the conference of the participating school. Each unit has a six-year shelf life, meaning one unit this season is worth $2,033,322 overall.
And that is split evenly amongst the 15 members?

The ACC is doing much better in the tourney than most college basketball fans and people on here predicted. I thought it might be possible. Duke and UNC already in the Sweet 16. ND blew it down the stretch against Texas Tech but competed with them every step of the way. And Miami is in a good position to knock off a legit national title contender in Auburn. If that happens, the ACC sends three of its teams to the Sweet 16. I never thought the conference was as bad as people on here kept saying all season (not that it was great or anything). Wake should have received a bid. The non-conference results really hurt the ACC because so many teams were young or had lots of new players and transfers to integrate and took some time to find their footing.

Last edited:
If you have good guards you can make a run in March. Look no further than SU's recent runs despite downturn play

Last year Buddy/Joe/Kadary were playing great
2018 we had Tyus and Frank playing well
2016 Gbinije with good support from Cooney and Malachi

Having good guard play matters

Last edited:
Miami has great guards which really pays dividends in March tourney. Also Larranaga is a damn good coach who can really get a team prepared for tourney games.

Yeah, ball handling is important

I'm glad the ACC teams are representing pretty well and I don't mean to be a party pooper, but it was still a bad year for the league imho. We can't just pretend the teams that didn't make the tournament weren't part of the conference and we put them up for adoption.
Part of the view that the league was bad is related to the whole league. Let's face it, there are some lousy squads amongst that crew of 15.

I believe the total is split 16 ways, with the league office receiving an even share.

I know that's how it was/is in the Big East.

Dig in (or not)...

Personally I cannot be that clinical about rooting for shares. Gaming the game from the flopping to the one and done's hasn't helped the game.

i think it was just SU collapsed and ran out of gas...it happened all season. no bench. or no use of a bench... ran the starters the entire second half and usually won the first halves, even against teams like Duke. SU was just up at half and very late vs Duke, right? in the ACCT...if anything, Su improved just as much as Nova did over the season...(but injuries killed that momentum)

it was very typical for SU to collapse final 5-10 minutes of games...how many times did they lose after being up double digits? A lot!!! more than any other JB season I have no doubt...probably more than the other top seasons combined...

if it was just the nova game i would agree and say it was probably nova playing well late...but since it was the common pattern vs everyone - vcu, gtwon, unc etc etc...i disagree.

just because Nova was better and had a better season doesnt change any of the above.
But simply saying we collapsed isn't giving them credit. Sometimes good teams play bad for a while then get it going when they need to. Did we run out of gas? Yeah, we likely did. Were the first 28 minutes of the game a more accurate portrayal of how good Villanova was than the last 12 minutes? I doubt it.

Dig in (or not)...

Personally I cannot be that clinical about rooting for shares. Gaming the game from the flopping to the one and done's hasn't helped the game.
Yeah I just don't think conference success will matter one bit in terms of the success of either our hoops or football teams. I already did my part, spending $200K+ to send my kid to SU. Maybe they could just jack up their already obscene tuition even higher to raise more money.

Yeah I just don't think conference success will matter one bit in terms of the success of either our hoops or football teams. I already did my part, spending $200K+ to send my kid to SU. Maybe they could just jack up their already obscene tuition even higher to raise more money.
Conference success matters but it's down the list of factors a bit and the teams within the conference need to take hold of the opportunity presented to them.

This might be the worst reffing we have seen all year. Unc was a joke. There was 5 other calls in another game yesterday that were insane. Zebras belong at the zoo
The reffing has always stunk. All the replay reviews now are so pathetic. "Gotta get it right!" they say.
Except when they don't 8,001 times per game.

The ACC is doing much better in the tourney than most college basketball fans and people on here predicted. I thought it might be possible. Duke and UNC already in the Sweet 16. ND blew it down the stretch against Texas Tech but competed with them every step of the way. And Miami is in a good position to knock off a legit national title contender in Auburn. If that happens, the ACC sends three of its teams to the Sweet 16. I never thought the conference was as bad as people on here kept saying all season. Wake should have received a bid. The non-conference results really hurt the ACC because so many teams were young or had lots of new players and transfers to integrate and took some time to find their footing.

At the end of the day the non conference is all we have to measure a conferences strength. Last year the Pac 12 was not good in the regular season but then showed out in the tourney.

At the end of the day the non conference is all we have to measure a conferences strength. Last year the Pac 12 was not good in the regular season but then showed out in the tourney.
More total non-conference games with some taking place midseason would help measure season long changes and make things more fun. I know it won't happen but wish it would.

He should get seats with Garrison Brooks to watch UNC on Friday (Brooks in all seriousness made sense to take a 5th year somewhere else getting a masters)
He also got to play for his father, an assistant at Miss St.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RDembowski

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom